It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks US Security company HGBary - Releases email leaks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

so you are saying that you can just drive across a toll bridge without paying?
because it is us who maintains it and mines for the minerals that then build the bridges for us to use supervised by those who look down their noses at us.

part of my terms and conditions when applying for the internet

12. Suspension/Disconnection of the service
12.1. If your fixed period contract has expired or you are on a month-to-month contract, you or we may disconnect the service and cancel the agreement at any time by giving 30 days notice.
12.2. If you fail to comply with what we consider to be an important term or condition of this agreement or should you fail to comply with a number of less important terms and conditions then we can suspend or disconnect your service or reroute calls from your service. We will generally provide you with notice of your failure and allow you a reasonable time to remedy it. However we may suspend or disconnect your service without notice to you where:
(a) you exceed the amount of your air limit or credit limit;
(b) there has been, in our opinion, unusual activity on your service;
(c) you have not paid charges when due and have not remedied that failure within what we consider to be a reasonable time;
(d) you do something which we believe may damage the service network;
(e) you are no longer approved by us under our assessment policies or otherwise to receive the service; (f) an authority such as the ACMA or enforcement agency instructs us to do so;
(g) we believe that you have used your service to commit unauthorised, criminal or unlawful activity;
(h) you vacate the premises in which you are provided the service without notifying us beforehand;
(i) there are technical problems with the service network or the service network requires repairs or maintenance;
(j) we believe it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
(k) we are entitled to do so under the specific terms and conditions of your plan or package;
(l) you attempt, threaten or cause harm to any staff, equipment or network infrastructure of ours or any of the service networks.

we may be in control but we still have to play by the rules

edit on 9-2-2011 by munkey66 because: added content

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I could. I wont, because right now the toll is easily payable, and the cost/benefit comes out in favor of paying it.

But if they got crazy with the costs, that equation shifts, doesnt it? You CAN steal a loaf of bread, but as long as you can afford to, and you dont feel oppressed by the price of bread, its silly to steal it.

What I am saying is, the internet isnt a toll bridge. Which is easy to guard. Its not a loaf of bread, which is easy to lock down and guard. It is spread over HUGE portions of the globe, and oppressors, or profiteers, need to consider that. Piracy is a profession too, isnt it? They even steal oil tankers. If they got too crazy people would simply appropriate the hardware and create a new net.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

what I am trying to say is that the more people who hack websites get given a bad name by the media, they don't call Anon hero's on CNN or Fox, they are called criminals.
we have a war on terror, a war on drugs, and pretty soon a war on Cyber crime, and what happens in a war?
The inocent get screwed.

I am not saying they will close down the net and start a new one, but they can introduce a new alternative, a new alternative that a few take up and then a few more and then more.
Guarantee that if you could only play certain computer games online through a pay subscription that was guaranteed to be free of hackers, people would be signing up faster than a heart beat, those stragglers left behind found that only hackers and a few die hards remain and would soon sign up as well.

offer the masses cheat free games, cheap music and movies and virus free, hello new regulated net

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I disagree. Your theory seems to be that the people who resist bullies just bring on more and harsher bullying.

I tend to believe that standing around timidly while bullies bully and doing nothing, brings on more and harsher bullying.

The Americans who stand around with their thumbs up their butts while corporations privatize, (translation, gain control of things tax payers currently own) and then lock down information flow on the internet, are not "innocent."

They are part of the problem. We are not losing our rights, our freedoms, our national wealth, because of the people who stand up and rabble rouse. We are losing them because of the vast number of people who are too busy diddling themselves to do anything to stop it. Hackers wouldnt have to hack if these "innocents" did their job as citizens in a democratic nation.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
this # is tweaked man!!!! HACK THE PLANET!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
well played anonymous, one can only hope after completing their current hitlist that they go gary mckinnon on the governments of the world..

gg no re aaron

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
you think its wikileaks?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Dunno if this has been already posted but here it is a more detailed article arstechnica.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Please, cease and desist. 4chan is as loosely affiliated with Anonymous as Anonymous is affiliated with Wikileaks.

Also, Isn't there a certain set of rules that you're not abiding by?

[snip]
edit on Feb 13th 2011 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
HOAX

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Some general thoughts on Anon

Anon is important. It is important for the world, like RAF was important to Germany. Not that there is a way to defend RAF or Anon on a rational path, inline with civilisation, in terms of legal borders. It is only defendable in the eye of a failing system; it is here and acceptable to prevent a major system failure and to wipe the mother of sources of this social failing.

It is important to understand Anons presence as a chance to avoid an Orwellish world, which would produce fascism with all its downturns and "exceptions" from humanity. In fact, Anon is less defining than the broad acceptance of it. This acceptance is the exception, not Anon, as some form of "Anon" was always here and operative. People obviously know that the time has come, but feel impotent to act according to their gut feelings.

There are some nations like the US, which are already involved deep in an Orwellish twist, in all terms of the legality of their national authorities acting, of accepted state terrorism and propaganda and last but not least the open denial of humanity and ethics. Just like Germany under Hitler, rethorics of these nations are made to uphold an image of civilisation and aren't easy to tackle on a surficial level.

Anon doesn't argue (rule #14
hence has no problem with the convincing nature of state propaganda. They act with an evil drift forward. The idea of satan is an idea of control. Satan was "made" from instances who believed (often with good reason) that human mankind needs control to evolve and survive. Whenever they described satan he was acting "out of control", with fury and without rational reasoning and logic - just like Anon.

That's why we need this movement at this very moment. It will (hopefully) be faster, stronger and much more mercyless than its opponents. We risk a lot with our support, the more as it is highly possible, that at some point some of us will stand innocently in the line of fire. Above that we already know today, that when "it" is all done, we will sacrifice Anon as a martyr, like humans always did.

So there won't be a happy end, not for Anon, not for all who emotionally collaborate with this movement and who feel drunken from power, when they read about their actions. But truth is also, that all philosophical and historical coincidences show, that highly likely the initial problem will be wiped too. Not forever and not completly, but to a level we all will accept to live with...
edit on 12-2-2011 by kaj001 because: any

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I can get that,m with the leaves and such especially. I never did think they were saying they were demons, but if it were meant in the roman legion sense, wouldn't they say we are A Legion?
I honestly don't care because what they are doing is great.
Peace and One Love

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Aaron Barr's twitter as of now:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cerberus00

See this is why you don't piss off the people who are the one's that actually know what they are doing. These corporations and such always get hacked through email or something basic like that. I guess that's a weak point in their armor, but none the less it humors me a bit.

Lol, but here's the punch line. They wiped the all the data off the guy's ipad, plus he owns an ipad. I wonder if he uses it for personal things like reading, or if he actually is such a bad computer user that he uses it for actual business. He does his business on an ipad, and he uses twitter which would be bad enough but he uses it for buisness, plus I hope for his coolness level that he did not just keep his Soc on his Twitter private info or something. For his sake those hackers better have gotten it off his credit card or something legitamit like that.

I wonder why they picked this guy to hack, did he piss them off the most, or was he the biggest noob?

edit on 18-2-2011 by canofnothing because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by canofnothing because: (no reason given)

Yeah, but what's going to happen next is they will accuse people who are mearly hackers and are not responsible and they will get them for minor things or something an claim they hacked HGBarry, and they will have no solid evidence. People like this will strug for drugs.
edit on 18-2-2011 by canofnothing because: I had more to say. Hackers... Somethign.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Bitchez don't kno bout my haczorz!

Too bad I stopped taking part in anon raids, this would have been fun

Good job Anon

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Firstly a group with no leaders can't release a hoax statement
Secondly they attacked HBGary because they were going to sell docs to the feds only problem is anondown already gave docs on anon to the feds and thejester just compiled docs, so why attack HBGary and not anondown or thejester?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CordDragonzord
Bitchez don't kno bout my haczorz!

Too bad I stopped taking part in anon raids, this would have been fun

Good job Anon

I know right!? Things have been just getting way too risky for me to continue operating w/ thy minions. I'm a family man now. Glad to see them still pushing strong though.
5mfu8sd
edit on 23-2-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kaj001

i had a nice forum attached to my research website, that kept getting hacked (not by anon but could've been a member of anon for all i know). but they didn't do anything to the forum itself. they just used the php script of the forum to gain access to the server, hacked the front page, and left a little note that it was hacked on the top of the hacked page, with the hacker's nickname. and all it was, was a site for research of ancient texts. tons and tons of ancient texts. they would not allow me to keep my forums. no matter how many times i'd put them back up, the same hacker would come back, and rehack it.

i thought, ah well, no forums. (this was like 5 or so years ago)
fast forward a year. i have a new site. same domain provider, but new website address for the research site. i put up a forum, one offered by the domain provider itself. very next morning, same exact thing. front page of site is hacked. the company says i need to update to latest version. i do. front page of site is hacked just a couple hours later.

fast forward again. i create a new website folder, same domain, 2 years later. the new website is about a different topic than the ancient texts site. i get the latest forum software, literally 1 hour later, hacked.

i had to conclude that the land of forums has some strange activity going on, that you can't have a forum safe from hackers unless they approve it first. who the hell is making these decisions? i mean, what's wrong with a website like sacredtexts.com ? that's the kind of site it was. had all the old texts on it. and furthermore, what was wrong with having a site about the moon, mars, and etc?

it's not a free country when you aren't allowed to have anything on the internet unless it's pre approved by hackers. : /

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
correction to above post. it was like www.sacred-texts.com

anyway, i understand why they want things to be fair, which is why the whole concept of repeatedly hacking my forums, makes no sense. now i can't even afford the domain, so the point is moot. but just imagine all the useful data, i could've accumulated on the ancient world, from other researchers. : /

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join