It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida Has Nuclear Weapons Inside U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A new book written by a former FBI consultant claims that al-Qaida not only has obtained nuclear devices, but likely has them in the U.S. and will detonate them in the near future.

Posted before, but new info.

john

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
wow i never thought a former FBI agent would stoop this low to sell books and be on the best seller list *shakes head in shame* he is just trying to sell books

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Maybe he's just trying to help the US public; the FBI has a very tough go of it. Many field agents come across important info re: terrorists and beaurocrats dismiss their findings. I wouldn't be surprised if a hard working, concerned FBI agent felt the need to share this info with the public. Our media sure isn't going to!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i disagree that he is just trying to sell books, granted it may be part of his overall motive, but most terrorism experts already agree that Al-Qaida has manage to get get 7 -10 suitcase nukes in the country, this guy claims there are up to 20 already in our borders that came thru our ports...btw Paul Williams has been featured on FOX more than once, the most recent just last week.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have not read the book. It's the first I hear about it, so I will reserve judgment.

WestPoint 23 did you read the book? How can you jump to such conclusions without reviewing his evidence and arguments?

Such a knee-jerk response is highly irresponsible, especially on such a serious topic.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 7/14/2004 by Gools]

TPL

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
He was on FOX yesterday plugging this book. Interesting and scary for you Americans if true.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Interesting, never heard of the man, must order the book.

any video interview linky clicky's lads?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
wow i never thought a former FBI agent would stoop this low to sell books and be on the best seller list *shakes head in shame* he is just trying to sell books

It's a scary thought but hey when the government starts nuking us they can refer to that book.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I have not read the book. It's the first I hear about it, so I will reserve judgment.

WestPoint 23 did you read the book? How can you jump to such conclusions without reviewing his evidence and arguments?

Such a knee-jerk response is highly irresponsible, especially on such a serious topic.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 7/14/2004 by Gools]

well said...thankfully i came across ur thread before i responded

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I had a dream 6 months after 9/11, about a dirty bomb exploding. I have 'seen' that the terrorists plan to strike us simultaneously in several cities across the US.

How long was the planning in effect to strike the World Trade Center? Five years?

These guys have time on their side and we do not! They can lie in wait to strike and we can't afford to lie arround waiting. We can arrest as many suspected terrorists as we can, but good Lord - they are coming out of the woodwork! As many fundamentalists that exists, that's how many potential terrorists there are.

It already *is* an all out war. I cannot imagine what can be done to stop them. I believe it's going to come down to the borders in the US being shut down, people taking a defensive stance and guarding the homeland.

All that going 'out there' has accomplished has been to make them even more determined to 'get us'. Brother! Catching one Saddam cannot equal the trouble now brewing in Iraq, even. And now that N. Korea and Iran are in on the act with all their 'threats'... not to mention China's threat against any US action in concert with Taiwan... seems many countries are just itching to strike the US and other Western countries (EU, etc.).

It's becoming a global nightmare. I don't see how Kerry/Edwards - even if they were elected - could do anything to stop this madness now!

[edit on 14-7-2004 by PsiEye]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i disagree that he is just trying to sell books, granted it may be part of his overall motive, but most terrorism experts already agree that Al-Qaida has manage to get get 7 -10 suitcase nukes in the country, this guy claims there are up to 20 already in our borders that came thru our ports...btw Paul Williams has been featured on FOX more than once, the most recent just last week.

Can I see some links plz or is just you over active imagination and you think instead of telling the public this FBI agent would keep his mouth shut instead of letting the terrorists know that the feds are on to them.
Ok ill play along say this is true what are you going to do is this info going to aid you in your quest to find these suitcases no its just going to drive you crazy have a nice day ppl

That is why this guy got fired for not keeping his mouth shut.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were 50 nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons stashed throughout the united states by terrorists. and do you know why? the canadian border. thousands and thousands of miles of border that is, with the exception of major ports, unpatroled. all you would have to do is sneak it in through some backroads once it got into canada. not to mention security on the great lakes is almost nil. did you know that if someon boats over here from canada and comes to port they don't have to check in with customs? nope, it's only optional. and here in detroit the border is just too hard to keep in check. over a thousand freight trucks come across the border a day, making it a very daunting task for about 100 mena and women to check.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Can I see some links plz or is just you over active imagination and you think instead of telling the public this FBI agent would keep his mouth shut instead of letting the terrorists know that the feds are on to them.
Ok ill play along say this is true what are you going to do is this info going to aid you in your quest to find these suitcases no its just going to drive you crazy have a nice day ppl

That is why this guy got fired for not keeping his mouth shut.

westpoint I don't appreciate how you responded to my comment, but I will bite my tongue and refrain from getting down to your level. I suggest you check FOX's listing for his next appearance, or any other tv station, call his publisher, etc. The information I mentioned is from Paul Williams, it is what he has written in his book and goes on FOX telling whomever is watching tv at the time. You would think the title of the book "Osama's Revenge: The Next 9/11, What the Media & the Government Haven't Told You" is explanatory enough as to what Mr. Williams intentions are.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Back when the suitcase nukes were discussed in the aftermath of 9/11 I had to agree with many who said "If they had-em they would use-em" now I'm back in the camp that takes this as a very serious threat after Khan's outing on nuclear proliferation and the fact that something like 9 pakistani scientists associated with pakistans nuclear program have gone underground and are unaccounted for. North Korea and Iran both have motivation to help al Qaeda and have made threats to the US. The US borders are still not secure and all signs point to a very nervous government.

I fervently hope nothing at all happens, its just the fact that the pieces of the puzzle making this a possibility have come together all at the optimum time for a strike that worries me.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
While I don't doubt that this could happen, I am cautious on this issue, and here is why.

Building a nuclear bomb itself is a pretty daunting task. It takes years and years of research, and billions of dollars. Once that is accomplished, and the building blocks are in place, building a working "suitcase nuke" is even more daunting.

Think about it: the bomb must include not only the guts of a nuclear bomb, but must be miniaturized and contained within a small enough package. On top of that, the people using them must be properly trained on not only detonation, but upkeep and handling. That is a lot of money, hundreds of billions of dollars of devlopment, and decapdes of research , training, and planning.

While I do not doubt that Al-Queda would love to have 20 suitcase nukes, I highly doubt that is the case. The only governments on earth I would think have the resources to build them are the U.S., Russia, China and England. The U.S., England and Russia would never have anything to do with Al Queda, and the possibility of China helping them is incredibly slim. Why would China want to help anyone destroy the country that supports the major part of their economy?

It's a scary thought, but not very plausible.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is meant to be some luggage bomb, it can make small demage, but causes radiation for years. I think, the news is not true.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have to put myself in the "If they had them, they'd use them" category. Even if al-Qaida was holding back before Sept. 11, 2001, one would think that after the U.S. military went into Afghanistan, and then Iraq on top of that, that al-Qaida would have hit us with everything they've got by now...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yes, but again, the resources required to develop something like that is astronomical, and the countries who could produce them are not very likely to have anything to do with Al-Queda, or any other terrorist group. To me the possiblity is so slim as to become impossible.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
...did you know that if someon boats over here from canada and comes to port they don't have to check in with customs? nope, it's only optional.

I know of a couple other lakes that are like this, take Lake Osoyoos in B.C. Its a fairly large lake(maybe 5km x .5km) that right in the center is split by the Canada/USA border. I have from time to time, boating on there, crossed the border only to chill on American soil (sand) without being noticed. Now why couldnt you traffic anything else through there? And I was there in the bright sun shine, not the cover of dark. Scary.

[edit on 7/14/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This time I will have to agree with you WestPoint, nuclear weapons is not something that you can just put in a bag and walk the border with them, or board a plane with it and tell that is just vegetables in the bag, sorry I don't buy this.

This just a book selling tactic. Some people will benefit from the state of fear and the terrorist attack warnings to make a dollar.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by marg6043]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join