It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Disclosure Stephen Bassett Interview Jan 18 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I just came across this interview given by Stephen Bassett to KLAV Las Vegas in which he gives the lowdown on his thoughts on the disclosure process .
In the interview he talks about the recent Global Competitiveness Forum , Russian Disclosure ,events in China and the continuing Truth Embargo .
The haters of Disclosure will no doubt hate this , but for those who believe Disclosure is a possibility .....this is for you guys

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok, so you posted yet another video in a very long line of videos of UFO investigator(enthusiast) talking about a supposed disclosure that has yet in my opinion happened.Sorry if I am less than enthralled by this. Not trying to blast your thread because believe me I would like nothing more than a full disclosure about any UFO or alien visitation.
edit on 2/7/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Bassett's inteview from Feb 2011:
www.vimeo.com...

Just wanted to post if some1 is interested.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by koperniguz

SKYWATCHERS RADIO with STEPHEN BASSETT - Feb 28th 2011
www.vimeo.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
THE "X" ZONE radioshow with STEPHEN BASSETT - March 23rd 2011 : www.vimeo.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hi,,my audio is not working right now...would someone please be specific and tell me what is said on the videos?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I do believe disclosure is a possibility but I am less than impressed with people like Bassett. Strangely enough he talks about imminent disclosure every year just as the time for all the UFO conferences comes round....then nothing happens and he repeats the cycle all over again

I will still watch the videos though as I suppose there is a teeny tiny chance he might have some new info...but I doubt it

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

..........On the first video he talks about his science background. he then talks about a 60 year truth embargo coming to an end and that it's in 'the last days'. He says other nations look to the US to disclose.

In the second video he talks about Chinese airports being closed due to UFO activity and then suggests that there is enough going on in China to suppose they might be the nation that discloses. He appeals to the US government and says they should disclose first or they will look ridiculous. Bassett says there is a lack of government acknowledgement of the ET subject.

The host asks why the government have hid the ET prescence, Bassett says it was too risky in the cold war and some people wanted to secretly study ET technology. He says various presidents such as Clinton and Bush haven't been suitable 'disclosure' presidents. Host asks is Obama the one, Basset says he is but he needs to be authorised by the military intelligence community. Otherwise it will be the French/UK or china etc.

Host asks how the public would react - bassett says most people are accepting so it won't be much of a shock now. He then talks about the free energy that the ETs will bring and that the energy companies have known about this.
All cars will be electric... (apparently
)

Host asks about X conference 2011, Bassett says it won't happen unless people donate 45-50 thousand dollars to help. He then plugs his websites......

After listening I would say my opinion of Bassett hasn't changed, He has access to all the same info that us ordinary folks at ATS have but makes some very authorative sounding statements based on it.

He says Obama will be the disclosure president....unless it's sarkozy......or Cameron.....or maybe China......or Russia((make up your mind Stephen
) It will be soon but we're not given a time frame.

Asking for $50,000 at the end from 'people who want to change the world', is just the icing on the cake IMO.
edit on 29-5-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: spellingz

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Isn't Steven Bassett that complete MORON who said repeatedly that credibility in this field doesn't matter one bit as long as it gets the word out? Why yes, yes he is. What good is getting the word out when it comes from sources that are not credible? The very minute the folks Bassett wants to take this subject serious look into it, they laugh and walk away. Way to go, Steve. Smart move.

Anybody that gives idiotic morons like this any free publicity have no idea how they are supporting the further INTENTIONAL damage to this subject by the very people that "claim" to be "promoting" it.

Sad that there are so many "useful idiots" that work hard every day to make us all look like fools.

Don't get mad at me, I am just stating the obvious. If your upset about the content of my post, it's because you just realized you should have gotten this a long time ago and now you feel foolish. Don't take your ignorance out on me.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Thank you for explaining the videos to me...it sounds as though he is trying to amass donations...that is his real agenda.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You guys do realize your discussing a man who has openly said, on multiple occasions, that CREDIBILITY DOESN'T MATTER IN THE FIELD OF UFOLOGY?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The fact the someone can say this and still have legions of ignorant people discuss him as if HE WAS A SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT PERSON makes my blood boil, but it also explains a lot about why you guys are looked at like tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist that live in your mom's basement.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Bassett.

Disclosing the disclosure of the disclosing disclosureness missing from the disclosure project.
One Disclosure Conference at a time.

What I find funny is that Bassett actually thinks that China, one of the most secretive and restrictive governments on the planet will actually disclose first.
I almost wet myself.
I can see it now UFO/Tianamen Square.
A Photo of a small chinese man in a stand off with a flying saucer.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
You guys do realize your discussing a man who has openly said, on multiple occasions, that CREDIBILITY DOESN'T MATTER IN THE FIELD OF UFOLOGY?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The fact the someone can say this and still have legions of ignorant people discuss him as if HE WAS A SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT PERSON makes my blood boil, but it also explains a lot about why you guys are looked at like tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist that live in your mom's basement.

Maybe because people are so obsessed with 'credibility' instead of what's actually being said. It's like a culture of fear where anything that can be (and almost always is.) brought up against any person with a message allows people to cozy off back into their own comfortable versions of what reality is. You can discredit anyone really, we're all human and all have faults. It's the substance of what people are saying that matters.

If he's full of crap, fine. But I'm a lot less bothered about his credibility than what he's actually saying.
edit on 29-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

If he's full of crap, fine. But I'm a lot less bothered about his credibility than what he's actually saying.

Re-read my quote for crying out loud, then go LISTEN TO INTERVIEWS for quotes coming out of this MORONS mouth, It's not HIS credibility that is an issue (although that needs to be addressed), it that he has publicly stated that one's credibility in this entire field means NOTHING. So Billy Meijer is as credible as Bruce Maccabee in his ignorant (and your ) eyes. Seriously? You lack the ability to understand?

This thread illustrates everything that is wrong with this subject.
edit on 29-5-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So Billy Meijer is as credible as Bruce Maccabee in his ignorant (and your ) eyes. Seriously? You lack the ability to understand?

Like I said, I'm not so much bothered about how credible anyone is. It's what they're saying. If they say "UFO's are real and we should take notice!" Then OK, thanks, but you're not really helping people out there. But if someone who's seen as having no credibility had a rant about UFO's tomorrow but gave a lot of details about things that people could check further into, and we discovered something via that information, then his/her credibility doesn't apply, it's what's found via the information.

Nothing sums up everything that's wrong with Ufology these days apart from governments and other people in power witholding information and having agendas. Also the people who do their utmost to snipe away at Ufologists whenever they get the chance, and for those people credibility is all important, because it's a tool that they can and do use often to have influence over others.
edit on 29-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Wow, just wow.

OK, I'll admit that having credibility is important in some respects, and I can see where you're coming from. If you're wanting people who aren't convinced about something to spend some time looking at what someone is trying to show for instance, many of them aren't going to if they think the person is full of crap so you're going to filter out the less credible sources.

I'm less likely to take this guy seriously if/when I listen to what he's saying too. Was just trying to point out that credibility doesn't even apply if the information is sound and you're going to look at it anyway, and that it can have its negative aspects if focused on too much/used for manipulation.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There's more interviews online : vimeo.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Please join:

plus.google.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Bassett calls himself a lobbyist and yet has never spoken to a congressman or senator.

He runs X-PAC, a political action committee that has used its vast fortune (a few hundred bucks) to accomplish nothing.

Several years ago, he threatened the President with the release of embarrassing documents to force the issue of disclosure. Did he effect change then?

He promotes some of the most ridiculous UFO acts and says that credibility doesn't matter. In response, the news media reports (if they report at all) with derision instead of respect.

Bassett serves as an example of what happens when someone makes a conscious decision to believe, REGARDLESS of the evidence.

He is sincere.
He is hard working,
He might have made a great associate for an endeavor that actually existed in the real world.

He is rather dull.
He has no sense of history of the subject he promotes.
His decisions and associates (like the vile Greer) have made his cause a laughing stock.

Lance

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join