It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my Egyptian crisis, to ALL ATS members - look at this and advise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A Project for the ATS members!

ATS people i need your input on a matter that is very important, as i have little experience and i am overwhelmed on how to solve it
this is making history...so i will start from the top.

background:

im an Egyptian nubian born and raised in london, i am watching my country change in front of me, as you are all aware.
now, going further back in history, when nasser started building the aswan dam in the sixties, the resulting reservour (known as lake nasser) flooded my grandparents land, the government then rehoused the southern egyptians all over egypt in government properties, my fathers family ended up on the redsea coast and my mothers family ended up in suez.

now my whole family live in suez, about 4 generations of nubians have no land.

ok this is where i need your help:

Hosni mubarak said that the nubians can have their land immediatly, and proceeded in plotting an area on the map for them. we got application forms which we filled out here in london, but the paper work has now been stuck at the minister of agriculture office in aswan....then abruptly gamal mubarak, his son , stepped in and said NO to the nubians they will not have the land.
the minister of land reclamation is an ex banker called amin ahmed abaza, also the governer of aswan. mubaraks son is also a banker.
both of these men have proceeded in selling this land at half its market value to foreigners, and putting the money into personal accounts, making them millionaires.

im not interested in hating these men or getting back at them.
what i want is for you lot here to advise me on how i can get a piece of land. iv lived in london for 30 yrs and have nothing back home. as a relative of the ancients i think its imperative, as we see a change today in the government, for me to use this opportunity to get me some land to have some kids on.

please can you help, anyone with experience in the matter would be greatly appreciated right now, while egypt is changing. how do i get my paper work moving. i dont want a mass movement of nubians, i just want to help myself get my bit of land back in egypt, after all i am related to the ancient egyptians by blood, most egyptians with land from the government cant say that...ALSO A NUBIAN PRESIDENT (Sadat) EXCEPTED ISRAELS LAND AS THEIRS, can someone help return the favour...

i thank you for your time and effort and look forward to hearing from you very soon.
edit on 7-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Aren't we all descended from the Ancients? I would advise first of all moving to Egypt, there's not much you
re going to be able to do from England

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
Aren't we all descended from the Ancients? I would advise first of all moving to Egypt, there's not much you
re going to be able to do from England

and do what? sit on the kerb out side his office!

i mean i go to egypt regularly, i have an egyptian passport etc, even if i was there i probably wouldnt lay eyes on anyone i need, trust me, they answer foreign countries apllications more than interior applications...
i need to learn some hard law lingo lol

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would suggest you contact other Nubians living in London. There are almost bound to be Social groups etc. Also get in touch with other Nubians in Egypt through extended family links. You will all be in the same situation I would guess? Then form a Pressure Group and get Legal Assistance to fight your cause. When the new Government gets into Office in Egypt they will be susceptible to Pressure Groups (after all you have votes). Good Luck, it will be a long road but I hope you get there in the end. 8-))

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
...i dont want a mass movement of nubians, i just want to help myself get my bit of land back in egypt, ...

What you yourself said above,

Makes you part of the very problem.

You want the ATS community to help a self-centered A Hole, get HIS land back, and to hell with his fellow people.

Are you a banker as well?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy

thank you very much mate.

I would suggest you contact other Nubians living in London. There are almost bound to be Social groups etc. Also get in touch with other Nubians in Egypt through extended family links. You will all be in the same situation I would guess?

yes we have done so, the nubian community in london with the ones in egypt started a move, but have been getting stumped for over five yrs, 2 years ago mubaraks son made the announcement.

but i have decided to branch out off on my own, they have been getting mugged off for too long now, it my time i think.

Then form a Pressure Group and get Legal Assistance to fight your cause. When the new Government gets into Office in Egypt they will be susceptible to Pressure Groups (after all you have votes). Good Luck, it will be a long road but I hope you get there in the end. 8-))

yes yes i like this...a pressure group...how would i advertise this..hmmm, and where do i get legal assistance in this matter, as you can see from the tv how our interior law makers are...lawless

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

...i dont want a mass movement of nubians, i just want to help myself get my bit of land back in egypt, ...

What you yourself said above,

Makes you part of the very problem.

You want the ATS community to help a self-centered A Hole, get HIS land back, and to hell with his fellow people.

Are you a banker as well?

hahahha ur funny.
look, the nubians in egypt are living in their own country..i am not.
they have oppurtunity in their own country...i do not.
they have help in being rehoused...i have not.

i think they need to help the ones stuck abroad first...
i have no time to argue for people who are three steps ahead of me. om not asking for investment or aid, or credit. i want MY land.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Ok.

Then get on a plane.

He who shouts loudest gets heard.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Ok.

Then get on a plane.

He who shouts loudest gets heard.

im not gonna do that and get mistaken with the revolutionaries and get sniperd! or better yet trampled by a camal!

i think i could do more here!...do you know the law?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think as the above member has advised, is your best policy up to now.
There are I'm sure Lawyers in London who would specialize in recovering Land abroad but perhaps you'll have to do some research to find one and I'm sure that hiring a lawyer in Egypt would make much more sence and would be far cheaper.
Which ever way you do this, you are in for a very long and drawn out procedure so in the meantime while you are persuing your case, I would make other plans.
Are you employed? Are you in a position to purchase a new piece of land in Egypt and start living your new life? Then if your case is successful in the future you can see it as a bonus.
Unfortunately there are many cases of legalised theft when people live under such corruption and I believe it's important that you recognise - you will be fighting the system even if things change you will have to prove your case and entitlement to the land in question.
So unless a Lawyer takes on the case and you are supported by a pressure group I don't think you will have much luck.
Move on with your life - return to Egypt and establish yourself anew.
Good Luck and I hope it goes your way.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

thank you for your help.

our right to the land is not in question...its the bureaucracy. the long drawn out affair is keeping me waiting while they sell the land as fast as they can.

i spoke to a wealthy women who gambles in my bookies, she is a frequent visitor to egypt, you know she told me that our gov. is forcing land in her face at very cheap prices where, get this, she feels guilty at buying it at that price.
you rekon i could take her to court....she brought stolen property

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The way I see it, you ssaid yourself that you were born and raised in London. Therefor you are English, in law probably English/Egyptian. Though I personally couldn't accept land given to me by some country I wasn't born or raised when I have no need for it since I don't live there.

I'd leave it and let the Egyptians who do live there and need the land have it and make better use of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okandetre
The way I see it, you ssaid yourself that you were born and raised in London. Therefor you are English, in law probably English/Egyptian. Though I personally couldn't accept land given to me by some country I wasn't born or raised when I have no need for it since I don't live there.

I'd leave it and let the Egyptians who do live there and need the land have it and make better use of it.

wow...i was raised with that attitude.
im duel nationality...part of the aswan dam agreement was to rehouse, but they only rehoused a minority, the rest remain in temperary gov. hoousing which they do not own.

but entitlement is entitlement...that is my ancestors land, which the gov. flooded.
ok what about my parents who were born there...they came here via the british embassy...it still means they are egyptians.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Then your parents should fight for it, i'd say.

I'm just saying that if you are currently living inb London, you don't really need that land and it could be given to someone who has a lot less than you do.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Seekeye2

thank you for your help.

our right to the land is not in question...its the bureaucracy. the long drawn out affair is keeping me waiting while they sell the land as fast as they can.

i spoke to a wealthy women who gambles in my bookies, she is a frequent visitor to egypt, you know she told me that our gov. is forcing land in her face at very cheap prices where, get this, she feels guilty at buying it at that price.
you rekon i could take her to court....she brought stolen property

Get her to buy .. Then buy from her.. Problem solved...

new topics

top topics

join