It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change your PAST, and you will change your FUTURE!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The Past, a realm where the usually weak minded dwell. Truly a pitiful existence if we continually reside there. But in order to understand and fully embrace the present one must first revisit the past. Where did the past begin? Keep in mind we are creatures that throughout the aeons have developed technological advances, infrastructure, language, incredible computer like thought process. We are made of iron, water, and elements that exist on a giant sphere of rock, rotating in cycles and circles flying through space thousands of miles an hour, being pulled by invisible magnets, being heated by an all powerful but limited ball of gas and plasma that has so much energy and light that it is almost unfathomable to begin to understand. Black-holes emerge and create vacuums after the matter of a star implodes that sucks everything immediately into what?? It bends and stretches matter and time itself like a centrifuge defying the basic principles of science. Millions of years ago, before the 'thinking' animals that we are now, giant lizards used to run around all day killing each other...what the # is that! So why does everyone act like they know exactly what's going on??! Such amazing confidence coming from some fruit flies in a kitchen sink. That's what humans are. Fruit flies in a kitchen sink. Sooner or later the dishes are gonna be washed. The universe has just been lazy all week.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here's a thought. I agree that "we" are pointless. The problem that persists with this is individuality... Does my physical body make me... me? What if it wasn't just "me" existing with every possibility/outcome of my life What if my soul could live in the bodies of an infinite number of humans/expressions and all the possible outcomes I would go through, because of how I look... where I grow up.. how my parents raise me and the actions I will take because of this? Then what does that make me? It makes me you and you me. We could be part of the imagination trying to create itself into existence into the physical world.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

dawnstar, thank you for your reply. I have to admit this: I don't understand. your reply seems to be circular to me, which is just fine, but it is beyond my understanding. so I am going to excuse myself and 'bow out'

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Gseven, thank you for your reply. I think I made a mistake by entering commentary in this thread. I barely touched upon science and mathematics in my education as a youth. I rebelled against accepting 1+1=2 just because someone insisted it was so, and never got past the most basic math because of it. I learned painfully as an adult how incredibly important math is to, it seems like, everything in our lives! The lack of mathematical comprehension in my life has been a source of regret 1,000 times.

Advanced schools of thought like quantum physics are a total mystery to me. I apologize that I cannot offer you a challenging or thought-provoking reply.

But I did learn a lesson here. I will be more careful and selective about where I put my 2 cents in!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by NorEaster
Try thinking information, and not light. Light is photon particles. Walk away from particle-centric quantum physics. It's a blind alley. There's new research on this.

Please share, thanks.

I'd come to understand that light was somehow foundational as the "substrate" if you will of the informational matrix ie: quantum reality.

Physicists will continue to smash particles to get to the indivisible unit, but they won't find it. The indivisible unit is not particle. When they mention particles "winking in and out of existence", they're misinterpreting what they believe they're seeing. What they're really seeing is extremely brief causal trajectories manifesting as dynamic existence, and therefore perceivable by that which is also dynamic existence (which is what we are, by the way). Of course we can perceive what it is that we are. In fact, that's the only thing that we can perceive.

It's the trajectory of dynamicism itself that is being incorrectly viewed as material particle - as units of event collect and organize into quick moments of perceivable presence as that organized progression manifests within the quantum realm. Not particles that exist as anything other than manifestation of organized activity as perceived by larger, more sophisticated manifestations of organized activity. They exist, and they are forever represented by the informational fact of having existed, but just like the space between our own particles are as much of our physical nature as the particles themselves, each is a finite series of events that is lost to extinction as soon as it appear. All that's left in reality is the fact that they existed, with that fact establishing parameters of contextual precedence that affect what the next string of events can and cannot be. of course, the particle-ists see this as particles appearing and vanishing into other particle dimensions. They don't see them as the instances of "downtown traffic" event collectives that they are.

This is a complete paradigm shift in the race to establish unitary existence. Particle-centric physics' days are numbered. Make note of what I'm suggesting here. This may be the first you hear of it, but it won't be the last you hear of it.
edit on 2/8/2011 by NorEaster because: can't spell

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
WHAT can someone explain wtf this means in a nice one liner. Dam it with all the words, what happened to less is more.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by Shadow Herder

When did jesus say those things? Some other gospel maybe apocrypha books? Cus I have never read none of that. except the: be as one of these (little children) to enter heaven.

(Ok past,present,future: past was right now, future is right now, present is right now, sitting here typing that all in the same)
Question:*******
I have a broken finger I know it hurts now, I know it hurt yesterday, and I know it will bother me tomorrow. The pain doest bother me from the past the action that caused the injury does… so how can I change the past so that tomorrow it won’t affect me?

edit: just changing my past.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Sippy Cup because: to change the past

This is a tricky one when dealing with pain.....( right now )

in my own experience of being in pain ....(a very painful back injury) some years ago

It was the fact that I kept trying to run away from the pain ..that kept on dragged itself into the future
( my fear of pain in the future )

Once I had accepted the pain for what it was.... the pain then began to change

acceptance of what is "here right now" is what gives you the power to change the future

pain can be an emotional struggle because there is no running away from it

pain is a "now thing" ..which at the time feels as if it is with out end.

"acceptance of the situation" is what is used to move out of the clinging emotional state

this in turn clears the mind and allows the mind to re-focus

some one explains this to me about clear mind re-focusing, this was at a time when I felt I would not ever be free of pain again...as I had been two months off work and was not able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

What a difference in perspective I had ...when I truly owned my pain in the moment
and accepted the situation I was in ...

with in days the pain subsided and I was up and walking again ....

in a way I had broken out of the prison pain...that I had trapped myself in.

one might say

I no longer needed the pain to keep me trapped and so through my acceptance
I simply opened the door and walked out ...

lesson learned ....and so was able to continue on my way ......

(that was a very short version ...of how the future can be changed )

needless to say ..no matter where one feels trapped in their life ...
the acceptance of that given situation is the first step in breaking out of that self created trap.

life is all in the way you look at it .......

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hello ATS, This is my inaugural post to ATS or any forum but the topic really piqued my interest . From what I can grasp of the subject this process is similar to what a near death experiencer goes through at their life review. They see everything they've ever done and how it affected them and those around them . During the process they don't feel condemnation but rather love and are asked if they want to continue on.Well, just a layman's perspective .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
WHAT can someone explain wtf this means in a nice one liner. Dam it with all the words, what happened to less is more.

Sure. A guy in a physics lab got some odd results from sending photons through a sheet with two slits in it. Instead of collecting only two slit patterns on the collector target sheet, he collected three. Then he set up observation cameras and the number of proton slit patterns changed to two. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but documented it anyway.

Some professional writer got ahold of that story and partnered with a guy with a physics degree and wrote a book recently that claims that the research results prove that you can change the past by rethinking what the past was. The problem is this isn't what the research indicated at all, and there are people who are running off cliffs all over the Internet as a result of that idiot's book, proclaiming all kinds of stuff now. The author places "PhD" after his name and never tells people that it's a PhD in English, not Physics. He wanted a book deal and he got a book deal. Happy ending.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
if only I could travel back to my past , there is one night id definetely visit to change.

That night would be me and three other girls , Im sure if I could have twisted one of their arms a little more it would have played out favourably for me and it would have happened.

If only time travel did exist .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Thanks very much dude. You should get a job here and do this for every thread. Flag 4 u

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Really good and interesting read, I need to get some sleep, but I'll sure re-read it more carefully when I can.
So, if I got it somewhat right, would be:
I don't brush my hair at mornings, because, erm, no one told me to do so in my childhood ( ._. )
But I can change that repercussion from my past, by just saying, f**k it, and starting to brush my hair every morning, right?
That would determine a future where my hair is brushed in the mornings, and well, that.

Anyways, might go to bed now...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Thanks alot for this post!!
I am in a wheelchair because of a car accident 6yrs ago and broke my neck, im 23 now and have been trying my hardest to get out of this chair ever since through intense physical exerscise and i know the spiritual side is important too and am trying but this info is obviously very interesting to me thanks alot

ps:i wonder how one would go about practicing this

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah you are so right, What the bleep do we know, down the rabbit hole attempts to answer these kind of questions through scientific means and does a good job of it too, what water has shown to do when "injected" with thoughts of love and so much more, go watch, trust me

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am going to try and change my past. I will try to make it so every time I played Powerball, I was a winner! I will check my bank account and keep you posted

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I apologize I misconstrued your post. You have made many valid, and sound arguments. I will admit I must reread them several time due to the terminology used. I get that the physics is far from conclusive, and therefore the premise of the post is invalid. I understand that logical analysis is the only way to clear through the muck of assertions. It is important to recognize this, and not believe you have a strong intellectual foundation for a belief where one doe not exist.

This is only loosely related to the topic of the thread, but I feel I should return to helping someone with a negative past. Many people are caught up in the past, and relive experiences over and over. I believe it is possible to re-examine the events of the past, and relive the experience. I know it is not physically happening again, but the emotions can be very real. I recreate the emotional pain from the experience. I pause the emotion, and give it further examination. Often my conditioned reaction to an experience is not my own. It is my false self, or that self programmed into me by a myriad of external factors. If I am able to comprehend that my emotion were never real to begin with than I no longer let them cloud new experiences. It is not so easy with scarring events. They reach deeper than conditioned responses. For traumatic events the past emotion must be resurrected, and faced. These emotions have often been suppressed, and changed shape to color all aspects of life. It is not easy, but you will always be at the mercy of the past until you face it.
The intellectual basis for why this works becomes secondary to if it does work. I benefit from this practice, and it does not matter to me why it works.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is BS that any 15 yo with a decent IQ can come up with in half an hour in a boring class.

Past, present, and future. They are all products of consciousness.

Without witnesses, there is only "now." There will not be a concept of time.
edit on 2/8/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Re: Has the study been mentioned where test scores were higher for students who did a study session AFTER the test?

A storm is hovering over the editors of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, which is to publish a paper offering evidence for precognition – knowledge of unpredictable future events. Feeling the Future, written by Daryl Bem, an emeritus professor of Cornell University, reports the results of nine experiments with more than 1,000 subjects, all but one of which appear to suggest paranormal powers. His findings are due to be published by the respected journal this year, and sceptics have been queueing up to rubbish them.

Among Bem's contentions is that participants given a memory test were more likely to remember words that they were later asked to practise, suggesting that the effects of this post-test rehearsal somehow reached back in time. Source

edit on 8-2-2011 by Gamma MO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To those saying the past is set in stone you are wrong. The OP described experiments on a quantum level where the past was changed by future actions. Now here is an old experiment that has been repeated 100s of times that proves what the OP is saying on a practical level.

Ever heard of retro-causal PK? This was proven in the classic psychokinesis test where a random number generator is hooked up to a computer and flips a virtual coin every 10 seconds. Subjects were asked to influence the results over X number of trails to be either all heads or all tails. It has been proven that people can indeed statistically alter the out come of the coin flips so over very large samples the results are indeed skewed to more heads or tails depending on which way the subject was trying to influence the random number generator.

Now here comes the interesting part. They taped 1000s of these sessions of the random number generator picking heads or tails with no one in the room or paying it any attention. Then they randomly picked say 20 of these tape recorded sessions. They again performed the same experiment described above, only this time they played the tapes back to the subjects that were recorded in the past. The subjects weren't aware of this and thought the random number generators were flipping the coin in real time.

And lo and behold the 20 tapes that were played for the subjects were statistically skewed towards either heads or tails while the other 1000s of taped sessions came out statistically 50-50 as it should over a large dataset of flipping the coin!!!

So even though the subjects weren't aware that they were staring at a tape recording of a rng flipping a coin, their minds must have somehow gone back in time and influenced the past while the tapes where being made.

On some level the past, present and future are all happening at once. I think we can see how mind is outside of time and space and can indeed influence or percieve the past, present or future!

The next step will be to nail down the mechanism and explain how this happens. But somehow I think we are entering the realm of secret societies and I will almost bet this kind of knowledge will be guarded and never let out. They can't let the common man have that much power or let him realize how powerful he really is could they

edit on 8-2-2011 by wakeUpOrDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

I apologize I misconstrued your post. You have made many valid, and sound arguments. I will admit I must reread them several time due to the terminology used. I get that the physics is far from conclusive, and therefore the premise of the post is invalid. I understand that logical analysis is the only way to clear through the muck of assertions. It is important to recognize this, and not believe you have a strong intellectual foundation for a belief where one doe not exist.

This is only loosely related to the topic of the thread, but I feel I should return to helping someone with a negative past. Many people are caught up in the past, and relive experiences over and over. I believe it is possible to re-examine the events of the past, and relive the experience. I know it is not physically happening again, but the emotions can be very real. I recreate the emotional pain from the experience. I pause the emotion, and give it further examination. Often my conditioned reaction to an experience is not my own. It is my false self, or that self programmed into me by a myriad of external factors. If I am able to comprehend that my emotion were never real to begin with than I no longer let them cloud new experiences. It is not so easy with scarring events. They reach deeper than conditioned responses. For traumatic events the past emotion must be resurrected, and faced. These emotions have often been suppressed, and changed shape to color all aspects of life. It is not easy, but you will always be at the mercy of the past until you face it.
The intellectual basis for why this works becomes secondary to if it does work. I benefit from this practice, and it does not matter to me why it works.

How I deal with these sorts of things is to visualize every physical burst of intellect (launching from my own brain as it does what it does) collecting as a mass of intellect - like a huge pool of me that is filling up as more of me pours from the faucet that is my intellect generating brain. All I can actually experience is the "water" (this will be our analogy featuring each burst of intellect as if it were a drop of that water) clearing the lip of the faucet, only to be replaced at that lip by the next bit of water, with the entire stream gushing from that faucet into that pool every instant of my corporeal life. I can't really know the impact on what I allow myself to think, since my perspective is located at the faucet's lip, but I can figure it out if I think about it a little. After all, I know what a faucet is and I know what water pouring from it is and I know what a pool filling up from that water pouring from that faucet is.

That pool belongs to me and it fills until the faucet goes dry (my brain dies), and when that happens, my perspective will shift from the faucet lip to the pool itself, and I will be the entire total of what made it into that pool as it filled. This is a pretty good analogy of how the human being develops - still as with all analogies, it's not a full description of the process, so don't get too married to it...right? Keep in mind that this water/pool/faucet analogy is only representing the massing of brain-generated Intellect that will survive the death of your corporeal body as the eternal human being that you're crafting at this very moment. I'm only using it because it works pretty good for the rest of this presentation.

So, when a terrible thing affects me, the "water" coming out of the faucet gets muddy. Kind of brown. Well, that's not good, but as soon as it leaves the faucet it's immediately blended into the pool of water that's already below it. I can't take that small bit of muddiness out of the pool. Like all soluble solutions, the blending is complete once it occurs. What I can do, however, is try to ensure that the contamination is kept within an acceptable range, and that the clean "water" coming out of the faucet overwhelms the impact of that run of muddy water that got through and into the pool - that pool that is the ultimate me gathering as my "faucet" continues to feed it.

We all have mud in our pools, and it's not something that ruins us as human beings in the end. Still, we want to be as clean and clear as we can be when all is said and done. We can work toward that end by being aware of the fact that as we think, as we act, as we react, we are filling that pool with what we will ultimately become. Garbage in, and there you are....garbage. You are what you think.

It may not work as a visualization aid for some people, but it sure as hell does the trick for me. The less I want to be some certain way of being, the less I allow myself to get stranded in being that way. It works to keep the solution that much cleaner of whatever it is I don't want in there.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join