It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change your PAST, and you will change your FUTURE!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Try thinking information, and not light. Light is photon particles. Walk away from particle-centric quantum physics. It's a blind alley. There's new research on this.

Please share, thanks.

I'd come to understand that light was somehow foundational as the "substrate" if you will of the informational matrix ie: quantum reality.

The very notion however, of an information exchange through a feedback mechanism (ZPF zero point field) supports the idea of novelty and of "freshness", and thus liberation in what might be likened to an ongoing process of radical forgiveness and of a clearing of the slate, and it is only we, when driven by our classical brainmind as reaction/response recording device, who propogate the past into the future, while holding grudges and being unwilling to forgive either ourselves or our fellow man. No wonder there's so much suffering, if we are operating so far outside of the natural order of reality and existence in terms of the way the world really works, not according to our expectation or how we were taught to accept.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I read it as

Mountains of historical causation, mountains of history, and moutains of "evil" pushes into the sea (abyss), or the ability to move history by the power of faith ie: so that people like Rudy Guiliani can never become President of the United States, stuff like that. But it's change if you made it happen, that you would never know about, but that's ok, so long as things are moved to the good and the mutually beneficial.

It's a statement about authentic power.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by NorEaster

Thanks I appreciate your efforts, my orginal post is page two top.
So is this just changing my outlook of the past from a future view? I mean time isn’t really a reality just made….or is it?

But there is the question part.

I have a broken finger I know it hurts now, I know it hurt yesterday, and I know it will bother me tomorrow. The pain doest bother me from the pastthe action that caused the injury does… so how can I change the past so that tomorrow it won’t affect me?

ps how do you get notifications of a reply to a post you post?

Well, you've gone into something that is a little different, where physical pains are manifesting beyond just emotional ones. However, in theory, it really should be no different than changing the past on emotional memories. Think of it like this...there is a reason why you broke your finger. Sure it hurts through the healing process, but are you grateful for it? Why or why not? You're probably reading thinking "why the heck should I be grateful for breaking my finger??? That's just crazy!!" Well, therein lies the rub. There will be something that happens to aid you in your journey in life that would never have come about had you NOT broken your finger. It is up to you to keep an eye out for those little gems in the midst of a storm and to learn to express gratitude for the broken finger in the same exact way we express gratitude for all other trials and heartaches that we go through in life.

Does it mean your finger won't hurt tomorrow? I can't answer that. But the mind is a powerful thing, and if people can master the mind, then certainly the "pain center" in the brain can be controlled enough to not experience physical pain. And if we can do that, then nothing is impossible....we can instantaneously heal. If that were to happen, then logically, wouldn't it be equated with changing the course of what happened in the past? I think it is, but that's just my opinion.

Sorry about not responding to your original post. I had a lot to get caught up on, and I missed it when I went back....I'm sure I've missed some others as well.

I don't have all the answers, but I'm working on some more info to post here that will help. Hopefully.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You just blew my mind! Grasping all of this information is a challenge, but oddly i seem to understand it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

As much as I enjoy philosophy I know you can't change your past and if you can please prove me wrong. You could look at your past as a tool to help you the present as a stepping stone to enter into the future, but you can't change the past.

The past doesn't exist to us because it has come and gone. The past is like a dead person, and a dead person can't be woken up.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by Gseven

As much as I enjoy philosophy I know you can't change your past and if you can please prove me wrong. You could look at your past as a tool to help you the present as a stepping stone to enter into the future, but you can't change the past.

The past doesn't exist to us because it has come and gone. The past is like a dead person, and a dead person can't be woken up.

There is no past except the story we tell about it, and how it's remembered, from the present moment. It's not "back there" any more, so to speak. Of course since the fully informed akashic field has already "grokked" it in the fullness of time and history (stored up what was and is fruitful ie: learned), even via our own quantum holographic brainmind, nevertheless, in the fullness of time and history and in the domain of the timeless, spaceless, and absolutely free choosing self - looking back if you will from the perspective of absolute perfection and wholeness that is the realm of all possibility ie the unconditioned ground of being (nothingness in everything) we then re-cognize it, and reintegrate it and pick up it as we go along, except the arrow of causation has reversed itself, since the past, as a learned way of being and thinking and acting, no longer need inform the future, the present thereafter being a condition, not of the past, but of the future, or what one might call the holy of holies, since it has absolute perfection, and absolute integrity and wholeness, and which already always remembers what it already knew anyway, thus being able to forget it ie: to forgive.

There's a joke there awaiting us all at the end of time, one capable of saving the world of this I am absolutely 100% convinced, and although it's at our own expense, it is the laughter of liberation, and therefore can never bring with it, the indignity of the unjustice, and so it's prior humor and prior freedom then, in the eternal absolute of the consciousness of consciousness of consciousness ad infinitim.

Opp, I'm starting to have another one of those Terrance McKenna moments..!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
OK, I've been having difficulty replying to all comments and addressing all questions, because...well, I'm still trying to understand it myself. Let me reiterate please: these are not MY theories, personally. I am restating and sharing research from theoretical physicists/quantum physicists.

Quantum physics is NOT: a cult, a religion, a belief to either choose or not choose to be real (it just IS), hogwash, bologna, metaphysics, philosophical rantings, my own personal views, or anything else that it's been called.

It's OK if folks don't understand it or are able to apply it...heck, if I knew how to do that, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. But we are on the forefront of groundbreaking discoveries into the POSSIBILITIES and implications of what has already been observed and documented in laboratories. These observations are not make believe either, and they WILL, whether anyone agrees with it or not, affect the very way we view our universe and life as we know it in coming years. It WILL change. We WILL change. We WILL evolve with this change. My purpose in this thread was to open a formal discussion of how we could apply this "out of the box" notion, given what we already know of time.

Let me repeat again....time is NOT linear, despite the fact that it's how we currently experience it. This idea of changing one's past can ONLY be considered if everyone dumps the notion of forwards and backwards movement, where there is no reverse, only a gas peddle. TIME DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. Only our minds do as our current perception, and that's the gist of this thread. Time exists all at once, all times, all at the same time, every time. That is THE ONLY way we can get through a thoughtful discussion about this.

I cannot provide proof of this, only documentation of lab observations. But it is up to you to take that information and consider the implications of what is shared. If this is a new concept to you, please read this to get a better understanding of how exactly all possibilities exist until only one is observed, and even then the other outcomes still exist, but in alternate dimensions:

Schrodinger's Cat

I cannot give you step by step directions (other than what I've come across on other sites), as something I've personally been successful with. This is still fairly new to me, but it's information that has been building for years, and I don't question its validity. Bear with me and have patience though, because I don't have all the answers, nor can I give you a blueprint to paradise.

Now we can mix and intertwine this with every major religion imaginable, and I think that would be a very interesting conversation....in fact, enjoyable even, since I believe that science and religion SHOULD be married. Here is where I say that I believe, in a world or world(s) before this current one, that ancient texts were the "science" of those days. IT'S THE SAME STUFF, just told in different ways, masked heavily by cryptic imagery to hide the power of it's content from "who"? I don't know who. I don't know why. But anyone can pick up a Bible and see those texts laced with hidden clues that elude eerily to modern day science...I don't think that's an accident at all. So whether the texts are Biblical, Rabinic, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, or even Egyptian, there will be parallels that we cannot ignore. I WISH scholars would come together and piece all these religions together with modern science and uncover what has been hidden to us for thousands of years. That is my wish. Is it a one-world religion? I suppose you could call it that, but I'd prefer to call it a fusion of information into one cohesive, collaborating system. It would go a LONG way in resolving the science-religion conflict that has gone on for hundreds of years. That is my wish.

I will post some videos soon....bear with me.

edit on 8-2-2011 by Gseven because: content

edit on 8-2-2011 by Gseven because: content

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Big ups to you OP! I really enjoyed reading your post and I totally can comprehend what you're trying to convey. I once told a friend of mine years ago that human beings are capable of anything! I mean look at the world around us...take for instance America in the 19th century, and look at how we grew from an agrarian society to where we are now in the world. No one could not have fathomed the possibilities that we now believe are possibilities.

We have manacles on our minds which provides us with this parochial view of things, thus limiting us from seeing the panoramic picture. Call me crazy, but I believe that if i really wanted to fly, and TRULY believed that they could actually fly (defying the laws of physics" they could. We as a people have been conditioned to believe that we are only capable of doing what others have told us we can do. The proverbial saying...'nothing is new under the sun' to me means that with all the different dimensions and all the possibilities, its all been done some way, some how at some point in time. Faith is believing when you can't see. Not even to get religious, but believing in the "impossible" thats faith in something. If we can free ourselves from the shackles that society has placed on us, we could make impossible become its-possible""!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great thread. Star and Flag.

This basic concept also appears in many spiritualities and philosophies. Two that sprang to mind as I read the OP were A Course in Miracles, with its concepts of the past and future not actually existing and the need to 'forgive' a perceived past that hasn't actually happened to be free from its consequences. And also the 'recapitulation' of Toltec 'sorcery'. But no doubt various versions of this idea pop up everywhere.

I find it incredibly encouraging when I find others who hold or are willing to entertain notions like those discussed in the OP. I get the urge to 'add as friend' everyone who does so because it used to feel quite rare that I'd meet people who shared such perspectives. However, I'm also seeing more and more people coming to such realizations all the time, which is very heartening. There is a real awakening going on, IMO.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
acceptance, in the space of freedom, is the highest form of love.

"renounce, and enjoy!" (Gandhi)

Flow of life, water of life, freely available for all who thirst..

OMG!

yes, there's another access point..! another POV! it's like facing yourself from the future, perfect whole and complete, all information available, nothing left out - acceptance, as the highest form of love. This applies then not only to ourselves, but also to our neighor as self.

We've all been to hard on our selves and on our fellow man, we were idiots - FACEPALM!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

So what does the present have to do with anything? The present is where we experience the decisions and the residue of the past

So that is why they say history repeating ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

You are mixing science and the self in a totally wrong manner. The self experiences the now. And yes, time does exist, and yest, the past present and future are distinct unfolding and events. Look up at night. There. You're not seeing the now. You're seeing the past being unfolded. Quite clearly those events are still being recorded and sent here long into the future and are not changeable unless you physically go back there.

Please do not manipulate truth for your own self-created images and views of the universe and science. It's getting kind of boring how quickly such things are dismissed with the increase in factual knowledge.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Intriguing post OP. I believe the scriptures say some where that the past present and future are before God at all times or something to that effect. So not necessarily a new concept from that view but I like the idea that we can change the memory or program of the past to open up the future.

I know in meditation that is possible to step outside of time. And this is also why most of the predictions and prophecies fail because people in a meditative or altered state do not realize they are outside of time and are only seeing future possibilities not something set in stone.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Intriguing post OP. I believe the scriptures say some where that the past present and future are before God at all times or something to that effect. So not necessarily a new concept from that view but I like the idea that we can change the memory or program of the past to open up the future.

I know in meditation that is possible to step outside of time. And this is also why most of the predictions and prophecies fail because people in a meditative or altered state do not realize they are outside of time and are only seeing future possibilities not something set in stone.

You brought up fantastic points, and I agree with all of them! I've purposely stayed away (or tried to at least) from bringing up religious scriptures, but dang-it, it's all right there. There is NOTHING new under the sun! Science is just re-explaining what has already been put into words.

On predictions....I've brought up that point a few times here on ATS, so I'm right with ya on that one.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Very intriguing post NewAgeMan! Is this OmegaPoint Therapy something you are developing or is this something you learned about somewhere? I would like to learn more about it. It deserves it's own thread perhaps? Or is there a website? It definitely resonates with me.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

The past is set in stone in that the physical actions that happened cannot be changed. However, the quantum effects of the past that have been left inside of your being can be changed, and there for, effect and change your past influences.
When it comes right down to it...they're simply saying to change how you perceive the past and you've effectively changed the past - but not really. It's pretty confusing and not very logical if you ask me. I think they're just twisting quantum theory without really understand it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Originally posted by Gseven

You brought up fantastic points, and I agree with all of them! I've purposely stayed away (or tried to at least) from bringing up religious scriptures, but dang-it, it's all right there. There is NOTHING new under the sun! Science is just re-explaining what has already been put into words.

On predictions....I've brought up that point a few times here on ATS, so I'm right with ya on that one.

Glad I could contribute to the discussion. I think we are in a age where we will see science and religion or esoteric concepts becoming synthesized and weeding out all the dogma but validating many things thought as fables or tales.

To many people act like science knows all things and dismiss anything that cannot be immediately proven by science of the material world. They will readily admit science cannot explain what animates the body and expresses intelligence etc but will dismiss any esoteric explanation as gobbledygook because science cannot yet prove it. Which is quite illogical. You'd think they would be open to many possibilities knowing that it exist despite sciences inability to explain it understanding science has not advanced that far yet but will one day.
edit on 8-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I just realized I've not officially responded to any of your posts yet, but I've been enjoying reading them so far! I'm going to look into some of the things you posted early on, because it really interested me.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't think the past can be changed without time travel and I can no longer wrap my head around time travel. I once could at least believe in the possibility because of all other weird things i've seen, but if time travel were possible, wouldn't a few obvious things be different? I think so.

and this leads me to believe that dan burisch is full of # and at one point in time I thought he was pretty convincing on SOME things, but if his story is embellished... it's starting to seem like it's embellished with holes. despite the odd things he has put into his story which seem remarkably real to me.

him being full of it or not, one thing is for sure... if anyone was to tell us the truth, it would only be half-truth if you know what I mean. We will never get the full truth.

I don't know why i'd bitch about that, it's not like i already didn't know that. I am just really disgusted at how people think telling a false story is productive. No matter what they are trying to achieve, any false impressions that one is trying to give... even for a good cause, is deception.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Oh jeez....I just realized you started the Elixir thread! I started reading it recently, but for whatever reason I didn't put two and two together. REALLY enjoy that thread by the way!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join