It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change your PAST, and you will change your FUTURE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
since we dont have any time machine .. the title should be

CHANGE THE PRESENT LIFE TO CHANGE YOUR FUTURE

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I am sorry someone into OBEs was rude to you once, but lashing out with bitterness toward a whole group is hardly productive. This is a discussion about possibilities, and what COULD happen. I think you are disregarding a large amount of ground breaking quantum physics with a casual brush. As far as the continuum goes, you could be right that if it were possible to change it could be catastrophic. It could also change all of existence for the better. I think the main benefit of these ideas is for therapy of past issues. If quantum physics helps someone realize that they do not have to hold on to a painful past by showing them time is only as real as we allow it to be then that is fine. I find these ideas helpful, and you are entitled to your own thoughts as well. It just is not really necessary to come in with an negative attitude.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by Gseven

This gives new understanding to the old question: If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a noise? I would say no, because there was no observer to "expect" it to make it noise....it makes a noise ONLY because we have "designed" what that sound should be and we expect it!

I think this is nonsense.

There are plenty of things in the universe that we can see had a past way before man or any being was here to observe it doing so.

We can observe that there were many things happening...way before someone was here to observe them happening.

This is not to suggest that being observant of future outcomes ahead of time, knowing that our present choices matter and influence what is to come...doesnt matter....for truly it does. The more observant we become in our being and as 'being' a part of a 'whole' (the universe)...the more harmonic we can 'be' in it all and of it all.
edit on 7-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

And here is where I encourage you to look at this same concept with different ideas. Maybe we do look at things that appear to have a past, but the question is still the same. Did its past occur if no one was there to observe it? Or did we create the current state by our observation, leaving us to "discover" (or create, rather) its past? Do you see where I'm going? I didn't make this up....these are not MY ideas. These are ideas posed by minds far greater than my own. But until you look into the entire subject at hand with an OPEN mind, it will be impossible to gain any insight. The earth use to be flat, remember? The sun use to revolve around the earth. Remember that one too? Those who made these statements were ridiculed and persecuted ruthlessly, but guess what? They became truth, and now we laugh at silly it was that humans were so reluctant to change their belief systems to embrace a greater understanding. I feel it is absurd to think that we still aren't doing this to new earth-shattering ideas that shake the foundation of everything we thought we knew. And although it seems a bit hokey and cliche to say, especially in this thread, but history repeats itself. I believe that the quantum world, with all its wild and wacky wonder, is our new "round-earth" and new "solar system" to be haggled with by the majority of the public. One day, it will be truth, and no one will question it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
It it good to send love back to your past selves to help them get through difficult times.

Remember back to when you were scared, lost and confused. Talk to that person who was living through that then and let them know everything is going to be OK. Send them back strength to get through it.

Doesn't make sense? I don't care. It certainly can't hurt.

Has the study been mentioned where test scores were higher for students who did a study session AFTER the test?

I have not heard of that study. Very interesting! Can you share a link?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is a very very interesting field that touches on so many things, and the only thing missing (if the quantum reality holds true) is the capacity to alter what is beyond our physical grasp - namely the past & future.
But what if this capacity did exist & we were mostly unaware of it? What if it were literally within each & every one of us?
I've read a lot of occult stuff over the years & nearly all of the 'hocus pocus' revolves around the subconscious - specifically control of it. It is also universally referred to being 'outside of time' or a universal 'now'. Our subconscious is incredibly powerful & I think it has potential that we haven't even begun to use. Yet.

There's a name that has cropped up on ATS a few times with reference to control of the subconscious & manifested thought. Austin Osman Spree is known for his use of 'sigils' or subconscious cues to manifest conscious intent. I've also read the claims of several amateur experimenters in this area who were startled by the degree of success they have had by using it.
What if the subconscious is the key to unlock this quantum potential within all of us?

Absolutely fascinating! I feel like I'm hot on the heels of a hare right now

Love to hear anyone elses ideas on this subject.

Great post Gseven! S+F

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

First, I'm sorry about your pain....truly I am. Our lives are filled with stories like these...each and every one of us. I am not a therapist or a counselor, nor will I attempt to be one. But since you shared this in the context of this post, I will approach an answer in the same context. Fair enough?

My story is almost identical to yours, but I am not bitter about mine, although I use to be. How is that possible? How is it that I LOVE those who don't love me in the same way? How is it that I see them as a blessing in my life, not me being the victim of an serious injustice? Here's a crazy one for you...you sound like me, 10 years ago. Maybe you are??? Creepy thought, huh? So now, maybe I'm an older version of you, encouraging you to stretch upwards and out of where you are right now. It matters not what we look like...the stories are virtually the same. Maybe I'm a future version of you. And trust me, I look for future versions of ME all the time! In this thread, I see all the arguments within myself...all different aspects of me, debating, arguing, making sense of a group of ideas, played out by individual people. But this isn't just about me....this is about you too. In this thread, you each see different aspects of yourself trying to make sense of new information.

Break the mold in your thinking....look around and realize that everyone has a story that either WAS yours, WILL BE yours, or COULD BE yours. Time exists all at the same time, right here on planet earth, in the form of individual humans. This is where the confusion lies. In this sense, we are quite literally, ONE.

As far as your family goes, I can relate, but you have to let it go and learn to forget. Forgive them by forgetting and not letting those negative feelings creep back in. As hard as it may seem, meditate on this....imagine yourself showing unconditional love to each of the people who you associate pain with, and thank them for the lesson they gave you. Consider it a lesson given with love, because after all....we are doing it to ourselves, remember? We are all one and the same.

Learn to love yourself by loving those around you whom you have perceived have caused you pain. Growth only stems from hardship, right? We cannot grow if we're not removed from our comfort zone. So in this respect, we can look through loving eyes at those who have done just that for us, and we can express deep gratitude and love for what they have provided for us. It may sound hokey, but it sure beats the hell out of living in bitterness and anger, and living with a victim mentality....but as hokey as it may sound, there is a method to the madness and it DOES WORK. Your father was just showing you what you need to do....your subconscious is mirroring through him back to you, but you are interpreting it consciously in the exact opposite way. As distasteful as it may sound, remove yourself from you for a moment, and look at the bigger picture. It then becomes a hilarious drama that you feel you could kick yourself for letting it consume you so much. You are able to be objective about things in a whole new way without negative emotions ruling your roost.

Admittedly, I have not "arrived" yet, and I still work on new concepts all the time to help me through human dramas, but overall, I can say without a doubt, this mindset is working. Now, I didn't tie in how to "change the past" here yet. I'll address that now. These methods require you to view your past in a different way. One that is grateful, loving and welcoming. Once you do that, the quantum world realigns and changes your back story which then changes your present and equally your future. Continue on in the same manner as you are now, and the story stays the same. But what's being suggested is that you realign your thinking and emotions to appreciate and love your past...to view your experiences as blessings...to love those who have not loved you the way you wanted. We don't always get what we want, but we do always get exactly what we need, right? Yes, I'm well aware of how tough that pill is to swallow. But we're all in the same boat here. Some will take this and run with it, and others will balk at the idea and cleave to their misfortunes and wallow in despair. Your mind is a powerful tool....USE IT!! (I mean that literally and respectfully, by the way.)

I'm sure I didn't explain all that as precisely as I wanted, since I'm in somewhat of a hurry. So if anything came out confusing or insensitive, please know that I didn't mean it that way. I will try to clarify anything if you wish.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

I am sorry someone into OBEs was rude to you once, but lashing out with bitterness toward a whole group is hardly productive. This is a discussion about possibilities, and what COULD happen.

This is a discussion about the OP making a claim, and restating that claim, that you can change your past because time doesn't really exist except in our perception that it's supposed to exist. A discussion involves challenges to a premise. Look up the definition of discussion. I'm not even sure what you think this board is about. Put up a blog and invite your pals to agree with you if that's what you need. ATS is about putting assertions - all kinds of assertions - under pressure to prove their veracity.

I think you are disregarding a large amount of ground breaking quantum physics with a casual brush.

There is fact of reality called contextual precedence, and at the Quantum level, that precedence isn't as tightly woven as it is at the molecular or matter/material level. There are some theorists who are simply not being responsible with their deductions concerning what very little anomalous data they're actually collecting. The laws of physics are established by informational precedence that creates a very tight grid of potential for whatever may occur. At the quantum level, the grid is extremely sparse (relatively speaking) and really dense as the level of physical complexity increases. This means that the potentials are different between what exists at the two levels of existential complexity. Of course, some theorists are running off cliffs over not understanding how order and organizational consistency are imposed within a contextual environment, but that doesn't mean that logic and overwhelming empirical evidence has to be set aside to suit those theorists.

As far as the continuum goes, you could be right that if it were possible to change it could be catastrophic. It could also change all of existence for the better.

"if it were possible to change it..."

That's the entire debunking of your assertion, right there. It's not possible to change it. And that means that you can't just "go back and change the past". The past only exists as the information record of what occurred before the present instant. The past isn't a place. It's not a dimension. It's a collective informational continuum that tales out behind the ongoing relentlessness of activity; making a complete and factual record of all that activity. That's what the past is. That's the only thing that the past is. It's information that can't be destroyed or changed to have never existed. I don't care what a couple oddball results in a physics lab suggest. That one immutable aspect of the permanence of information trumped everything once that information was brought into existence by the events that occurred.

I think the main benefit of these ideas is for therapy of past issues. If quantum physics helps someone realize that they do not have to hold on to a painful past by showing them time is only as real as we allow it to be then that is fine. I find these ideas helpful, and you are entitled to your own thoughts as well. It just is not really necessary to come in with an negative attitude.

What you're referring to is intellectual context and the contextual balance within the gestational intellect mass of a human being, and that can be addressed, but not by refusing to acknowledge the past. It is addressed by actively restoring the intellect burst percentages within the gestational mass through behavioral modification and dedication to manifesting the desired way of being and thinking. Simply put, the number of brain generated "blue dots" (negativity, let's say) need to become less of a percentage of the total of colored dots (this is an analogy by the way) that represent the intellectual (personality) whole of the individual. You can't erase the blue dots, but you can fill in a lot more "red dots" (positivity) to offset all those blue dots, and work toward a higher red dot count within the total when all is finished and you're set to toss the brain and body away, and get on with what human life is (what it really is).

You're trying to do the same thing I'm trying to do, but you've gotten ahold of bad information, and that isn't going to help anyone repair from a negative past. This reality that we all share is definite and we don't get to change it. We do get to work with it, though, but only if we work to really get a handle on it first. I fight you guys because I know exactly where you're getting derailed here. I also know that for every person who posts, there are probably 30 people who read and never post. I fight this misinformation on their behalf. They deserve to have both sides - hell, all sides - of whatever is being discussed.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't think there is any need to justify the injustice, just simply to forgive anyway in spite of it, and there was one thing I wanted to add or correct in terms of this notion of "closing the circle" in a "confrontation", and that was, to close the circle in a confrontation of forgiveness, absolute, unconditional forgiveness, and a request for forgiveness, against which no defence is possible or required. Then when the full effort is made, and the forgiveness fully extended, then there is closure and peace of mind. We cannot be responsible for how the other person responds of course, only for what's on our side of the street. This act, particularly within the family of origin, unleashes a whole new wave of causation and new possibility, as the end of "evil", and you can almost imagine angels rejoicing in heaven over such a thing, what courage! But there's no need to justify it or to make it make sense in terms of any metaphysical framework ie: the bad is needed for the good to be recognized as good and all such nonsense. An injustice is an injustice and it's entirely within our right to either forgive, or not to forgive, or forgiveness has no meaning, no power to alter the very fabric of our social matrix, or to heal the wounds of time and history. It takes extraordinary courage, such an act of grace which by its very nature is an unmerited gift of incaculable value, for all parties involved. Few have what it takes to cross over and into the domain of love meeting love even in the face of atrocious past acts of violence amid a complete and abject failure of love. And it's harder to do when the person has already passed on, harder to reconcile when you cannot do it in person, or at the very least on the telephone.

It would make for an interesting experiment for someone with any of this kind of past baggage witin the family of origin to make that call, extend the love and the forgiveness and ask for forgiveness in turn (for our own failure in love), and see just what kind of new future realm of possibility that opens up, what kind of clearing it generates, and how it acts as a type of quantum eraser of sorts..

Someone earlier asked how this thing is done, and what is the mechanism, well this is one powerful example of the how, at least in terms of first generating the required clearing in relation to the past, which while it doesn't change what happened, it certainly does irrevocably change how it's recorded, and what future history and future timeline is then created as a new possibility.

edit on 7-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It's my view and understanding that reality is discontinuous, but that the Akashic Field records that which is fruitful, or historically formative, and that indeed radical transformative forgiveness IS possible ie: a clean slate, even at every single moment, and, that our quantum brainmind as a co-creative participant CAN play a role in realizing something the universe is intimately involved with all the time already always through the eternally forgiven moment (in potentia), and THIS is why, we cannot be forgiven unless and until we ourselves also forgive as we are already forgiven. It never pays to hold a grudge in other words, figuratively, literally and quantum "cosmologically". Some among us also need to release from the need to be right, or to make someone else wrong, which is also very much a "strong suit" developed in no small part as a defence mechanism build for absurd reasons that cannot really serve us until they are brought out into the light of awareness, and the blind spot removed. Everything is apparent in the action, and in the heart of a person which cannot be hidden from view.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My question was simple an no one could answer it for me, seems like all this thread is, is a theory thread, no practical advice, notta, none.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
My question was simple an no one could answer it for me, seems like all this thread is, is a theory thread, no practical advice, notta, none.

What was your question? I'll see if I can address it. If I can't I'll admit it. Hell, there's a lot I don't know and I'm not ashamed of not knowing it, so I won't waste your time with something I can logically prove.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It's my view and understanding that reality is discontinuous,

Okay pal, pull it on over right there.

What the heck has ever allowed you to use Reality and Discontinuous in the same sentence? Reality is "what is real". How can it be continuous or discontinuous? Continuous suggest an ongoing continuum. Reality can contain or even be established by an ongoing continuum, but reality isn't an ongoing continuum.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks I appreciate your efforts, my orginal post is page two top.
So is this just changing my outlook of the past from a future view? I mean time isn’t really a reality just made….or is it?

But there is the question part.

I have a broken finger I know it hurts now, I know it hurt yesterday, and I know it will bother me tomorrow. The pain doest bother me from the pastthe action that caused the injury does… so how can I change the past so that tomorrow it won’t affect me?

ps how do you get notifications of a reply to a post you post?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup

Ha! Just looked at your question.

The answer is "Don't believe stuff that's obviously not true. You can't go back and not hurt your finger. You can try. You can sit and meditate until your ears bleed, but you'll still be right where you started with all that transcendental stuff, and your finger will still hurt. Only difference will be that you missed all the good shows on TV and you'll have to go up on the sites and catch the podcasts now. But at least that part of the past you can fix."

There. I answered it for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

You can't change any of it. What you can do is vow to not do what upsets you again. You can't change the world, but you can change how the world affects you. You rule the whole of you, and no one else can affect you unless you allow it. You're in charge at all times un;ess you hand the keys off to someone else.

It sucks to regret, but if you turn that regret into a dedication to never letting that happen again, then it stops being a regret and becomes a lesson learned. This is how you change that past you're referring to.
edit on 2/7/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It's always fresh and new, never stale.

Will have to source this more for you, but the whole basis of quantum reality is that it comes in the form of light yes, discontinously, as quanta, and yet paradoxically also continuously as an apparent steady stream like a river flowing from eternity ie: as a tangled hiearchy from the Zero Point Field or the Akashic Field. It's not dead, but alive with potentiality.

One thing I've learned is never to approach these things with the arrogant presupposition that I already know, or, that reality jives with what we take for granted based on common sense.

Please relax.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Im not even gonna read this.

this is already a rabbinic concept. Not "changing your past" through some pseudo occult trick, but one changes his past through actions in the present. Repentance for instance is regarded as making ones very sins, become his merits.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
The majority of people don't believe that if we tell a mountain to uproot its self and fall into the sea that it will ACTUALLY do it. So when someone comes along who wants to learn how to be a master of this universe and shouts out the command for the mountain to crumble he is dissappointed because while HE may believe it is possible, he is living in a world where no one else does and the weight of those beliefs are too much to conquer alone.
Kinda like belief wars. Right now ours isn't near as strong.

wow this topic is blowing my mind...
I have never thought of it like that - perhaps in the past people on earth as a whole believed they could move massive stones to build the pyramids - and so they could. Perhaps they believed they could live for 900 years so they could.
And perhaps all of us who think this is just ridiculous are the ones holding us back.
I understand how we could exist in the past present and future all at once, and it is really just our mind that is choosing what it percieves to be the present. Nothing has ever really happened and everything has happened - so we have really chosen our path (even the rough ones) or we would not be on it...
We have chosen our piece of the puzzle that is mankind - im not even speaking english now so im going to stop... my brain hurts

edit on 7-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It's always fresh and new, never stale.

Will have to source this more for you, but the whole basis of quantum reality is that it comes in the form of light yes, discontinously, as quanta, and yet paradoxically also continuously as an apparent steady stream like a river flowing from eternity ie: as a tangled hiearchy from the Zero Point Field or the Akashic Field. It's not dead, but alive with potentiality.

One thing I've learned is never to approach these things with the arrogant presupposition that I already know, or, that reality jives with what we take for granted based on common sense.

Please relax.

Try thinking information, and not light. Light is photon particles. Walk away from particle-centric quantum physics. It's a blind alley. There's new research on this.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So lets say we could, if everyone believed it possible, uproot a moutain. How would the world react to that?

If such a thing were possible, psychic warfare would take on scary and apocalyptic proportions.

While i agree that consciousness can affect changes in the physical, i deny that outright exagerrated and extreme example.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join