It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change your PAST, and you will change your FUTURE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

When did jesus say those things? Some other gospel maybe apocrypha books? Cus I have never read none of that. except the: be as one of these (little children) to enter heaven.

(Ok past,present,future: past was right now, future is right now, present is right now, sitting here typing that all in the same)
Question:*******
I have a broken finger I know it hurts now, I know it hurt yesterday, and I know it will bother me tomorrow. The pain doest bother me from the past the action that caused the injury does… so how can I change the past so that tomorrow it won’t affect me?

edit: just changing my past.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Sippy Cup because: to change the past

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: delete

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e809d6e27cd.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: correction

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If I was to change anything of my past...I would not be who I am today. If I dont like who I am today..then I presently need to work on that to become better for the future.

Embrace the past...and learn from it. Cherish all things..for all things have brought you to where you are today.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Some evidence please .

It's rather technical, but here it is.

Experimental Realization of Wheeler's Delayed-Choice Gedanken Experiment
arxiv.org...

"The past has no existence except as it is recorded in the present."
~ John Wheeler

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the coincidental, synchronistic significance of his last name..?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by The Djin

Evidence evidence, prove it prove it!

By chance, were you disappointed a LOT by false promises made to you as a child? Be honest.

Amazing how such a minor request draws such hostility, by chance does Santa still brings you goodies at xmas time ?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Sorry but that's nonsense. You cannot change your past, it's fixed - you did what you did, there is no re-run. You can, however, change your present. And that will affect your future. There's a big difference.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Some evidence please .

It's rather technical, but here it is.

Experimental Realization of Wheeler's Delayed-Choice Gedanken Experiment
arxiv.org...

"The past has no existence except as it is recorded in the present."
~ John Wheeler

Still no evidence of the past being changed I see.

Kind of reminds me of this -

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It proves that the past is indeterminate, and is conditioned not by what preceeded it, but by the future choice in how it is observed. I notice you didn't answer my other question, albeit a personal one which you are by no means obliged to answer.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It proves that the past is indeterminate, and is conditioned not by what preceeded it, but by the future choice in how it is observed. I notice you didn't answer my other question, albeit a personal one which you are by no means obliged to answer.

Nah dude no issues with false promises whatsoever , you fell better now ?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just because we have many ways to 'look at our past' from different perspectives through observation...does not mean we can change what 'already has been'.

We cant change what has come to past. You can control if the past bothers you or not, if you can deal with it or cope with it or not. Sometimes people make fanciful ideas of their past to make themselves more comfortable with things they have a hard time dealing with. Still though, you cant change the past.

I can not redo anything I did yesterday. I can look at yesterday from many perspectives that may help me or hinder me....but I cant change anything about it. What is IS and its best to embrace it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There is also accumulating evidence that we possess both a classical brainmind and a quantum brainmind, the latter of which "contains" the choosing self, although the choosing self, the free self, the empowered self (after all what is power if not the power to choose, with awareness?) - is a non-local, holographic phenomenon, and is therefore resident outside of space and time ie: an OmegaPoint. The past as story, is then collapsed in choice (interpretation) from the position of no-time, a realm or domain, of all timelines.

This whole theory holds water. As a newfound therapuetic model as I outlined earlier, it accesses vast amounts of otherwise untapped power and energy, and resources.

And let us not forget either that the "past", once recognized and reinterpreted or fully "grokked" as nothing but a learning experience from the POV of a timeless, spaceless, eternal moment, is "thereafter" no longer the determining factor for the future-past history we are writing or creating from this eternally unfolding present moment, now rich with novelty, and therefore creative energy, joy, excitement and anticipation.

This is our birthright and our heritage and inheritance prepared for us from the time before time, to the time after time.

"I am the first and the last, the alpha and the omega."

Water of life, flow of life in eternity, a tangled hierarchy, from above..

Oh the things now awaiting discovery, like prescious stones unearthed and left laying there right on our front lawn!

What joys and wonders await.. for those with the ears to hear and the eyes to see, and the mind to "grok" most fully of.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It it good to send love back to your past selves to help them get through difficult times.

Remember back to when you were scared, lost and confused. Talk to that person who was living through that then and let them know everything is going to be OK. Send them back strength to get through it.

Doesn't make sense? I don't care. It certainly can't hurt.

Has the study been mentioned where test scores were higher for students who did a study session AFTER the test?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Please. c'mon. At least there are such things as 'common ground', and things we can all agree upon. You cannot change the past, you have lived it, it is done with. You can only experience the present, it's through your experience of that, that you try and interpret the future, or at least attempt to make some sort of provision for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think you are mixing alot of deep understandings with too much real world.

None of what you just said tied together for me but that is just my own present view.

Lets start simple..without all the metaphysics talks.

Name one thing you can change of your past. Why would you choose to change that?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

What we're saying isn't that something that happened didn't happen or that it happened in another way, you're missing the point. What we're saying is that it doesn't exist in it's own right as a "reality", but simply as "story" subject to reinterpretation from an entirely new POV and frame of reference, whereby the only thing that matters as reality, is the future-past history we are creating through the eternally unfolding present moment, thus recreating a new past from an imagined future, where the "meaning" of the story or it's "theme" is the actual stuff of existence, which leads to another quantum idea of a sum over histories.
The point to all this is that the ideas we all have about time and causation are largely founded in a Newtonian, Materialist Monist "billiard ball" world, but that's not the real world, however well it lends itself to common sense. It's been replaced by the quantum reality paradigm, something we are only just beginning to understand and come to grips with, but when we do, and the old world dies away, then wholistically, we're all into a new age, where time itself starts to become nothing more than a creative tool housed in the imagination and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It's been replaced by the quantum reality paradigm, something we are only just beginning to understand and come to grips with, but when we do, and the old world dies away, then wholistically, we're all into a new age, where time itself starts to become nothing more than a creative tool housed in the imagination and nothing more.

I agree we are beginning to understand great new things about the 'existence' of all that is...but i dont think this is going to bring in a new magical world that is any different really then now. I think that is wishful thinking.

We already know that time is nothing more then something we have created....but this doesnt change the fact that we have reference points, that there are cycles and orders in nature. Sunlight and dark ness are just one part of that cycle that we are of. We then take those and form a reference point along a 'line' and this will not change in this physical existence.

I think you are wishful thinking in hoping this world is just going to die away and out pops a new greater one.

Evolution is slow...there is not going to be some magical change. We are learning about the universe and the energy that is in and of all things. This is not going to give us special powers or anything.

We will still have yesterday and tomorrow...and today. When the Sun sets, it will be dark. I will take note of that and will look for the rising sun for that gives me another day to get more things done.

Why all the hoopla of magical worlds? Are you one of those that waits on the day where you can wish for something and it stands before you? Or you wish to 'go somewhere' and all you have to do is 'think' about it and it becomes?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

This gives new understanding to the old question: If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a noise? I would say no, because there was no observer to "expect" it to make it noise....it makes a noise ONLY because we have "designed" what that sound should be and we expect it!

I think this is nonsense.

There are plenty of things in the universe that we can see had a past way before man or any being was here to observe it doing so.

We can observe that there were many things happening...way before someone was here to observe them happening.

This is not to suggest that being observant of future outcomes ahead of time, knowing that our present choices matter and influence what is to come...doesnt matter....for truly it does. The more observant we become in our being and as 'being' a part of a 'whole' (the universe)...the more harmonic we can 'be' in it all and of it all.
edit on 7-2-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Again, you have the wrong impression. This isn't about magical thinking.

Let me put it this way. The 20th century may be considered in many ways "the century of the self" where the exploration and technological advance was all about controlling the outer world to try to satisfy selfish desires based on a materialist monist (matter alone is primary) presupposition.

The 21st century, OTOH, will be "the century of the human being" where our exploration and re-discovery of the self will be something taking place in "inner space" or in the psyche of man, in part to undo all the damage done as a result of self will run riot in a material world.

The self is up for reinterpretation. We do not know who or what we really are, and the new science is helping us to understand our true place in the universe, the implications of which are utterly astonishing and so contrary to "common sense" that we're having a hard time grasping it, and such is the way with all new paradigms, whereby the old one doesn't die away easily.

A shift in human perception, really does bring in a whole new world and a new reality, but "self" as it used to be concieved assumes falsely that this spells death to the self, and to the degree that this "self" is no-thing but an aggregate of past memory and learned reaction/response behavioral patterns, it's right, and so it will resist the new paradigm tooth and nail.

This is the REAL "war on terror"!

edit on 7-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Sound waves are not noise.

Edit: Unless you're a bird in the forest who hears it, or a squirrel.

edit on 7-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by chocise

What we're saying isn't that something that happened didn't happen or that it happened in another way, you're missing the point. What we're saying is that it doesn't exist in it's own right as a "reality", but simply as "story" subject to reinterpretation from an entirely new POV and frame of reference, whereby the only thing that matters as reality, is the future-past history we are creating through the eternally unfolding present moment, thus recreating a new past from an imagined future, where the "meaning" of the story or it's "theme" is the actual stuff of existence, which leads to another quantum idea of a sum over histories.
.... we're all into a new age, where time itself starts to become nothing more than a creative tool housed in the imagination and nothing more.

ahhhhhhh rrrrrrrright,
sorry m8, dream away, the unequivocal fact remains: the past is unchangeable. Time moves forward, not backwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join