It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change your PAST, and you will change your FUTURE!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
boi Ii sure wish I had this capability

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by uncuuncu
boi Ii sure wish I had this capability

something on your mind? Not that I assume I can help you solve it but you seem to need to say something and I have an ear and would certainly listen.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read a book series called the Incarnations of Immortality?

Follow me here... the first book involves a man who ends up taking Death's job.. like the whole Scythe and Skull head with the robes guy deal. So his whole job is to collect the souls of the people who are dying to get them on with their life. It first stems from religious beliefs, as in your soul went to a good place or a bad place. But at one point Death encounters an atheist man as he is dying. The atheist continues to state he doesn't believe in anything and as Death goes in to collect the man's soul, it floats up and vaporizes itself.

Perhaps this is what the man chose his future to be in his present. Now I know this is a fictional writing, but how fictional does it have to be.

I'll relate my response to religion in itself... the people who choose to believe something make that their present, future and past. If you believe you will move on to heaven, perhaps your consciousness will bloom into that after this present existence... Perhaps if you are an atheist you will stop to exist at all???(if that is possible) Or perhaps you are in between, then your consciousness will continue to drift until you find solace somewhere.

But at any rate, those are the instances of "time" that you are choosing... and it also affects the past. Such as if Jesus was real or not.... etc etc

I thank you OP for the thread, it is very enjoyable and has cracked my thinking mind like I love to do all the time

[edit] PS S&F
edit on 16-2-2011 by Myollinir because: had to mention I star and flagged for OP

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I have an idea that the past becomes "changeable" as long as it does not have a significantly shattering effect on the present. Lets say, that a long time ago you had an arguement with someone, and they were someone close to you. Lets say, that your relationship with that person deteriorated as a result. In order to rectify the situation, the two individuals almost inevitably have to "re-visit" that past event and play the same arguement out until a mutual understanding occurs.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Precisely. The very ties that bind us to a fixed way of being, and which can hinder or even cripple our psychological and spiritual growth, are same lines which run through our past relationships and become reflected in our limited or constrained way of being and thinking. It is next to impossible to break free into a new realm of domain of boundless freedom and unlimited possibility, until they are traced back to their origin, and recognized for their limitations, at both ends, wherever possible. Then, the very ties that once bound us to a limited, constrained or fixed way of being and relating, in the past, once undone, become our very liberation, not only for ourselves, but for the other also, and at a deeper more fundamental level, within the very context of the relativity of human being within which we are all emersed and imbedded whether we like it or not.

Thus if a simple methodology could be developed for this mutual recognition and "re-do" from the POV of the two or more parties involved, all accumulated negative karma or limitations and contraints on our freedom, and that of others, who in truth we love and who love us (if given the opportunity), is then dissolved, which by its very nature will and can't not precipitate a spiritual experience at both ends of that karmic rope or cord, at its release.

This then is the means by which we "change the past" to change the future. What an opportunity! Why would we shrink then from the task at hand, or the heart which moves us..?

The reason for that I think resides in the powerfully reinforced reaction/response programming of all manner of learned behavioral patterns, which are like grooves in the mind, and so this "work" of changing the past in this way, requires effort in the face of the status quo and the courage to overcome the fear of change, and of the unknown and the uncertain, and thus most operate for the most part like programmed robots (for the most absurd reasons) mindlessly (unconsciously) projecting the past into the future as they march along this false timeline or arrow of time that assumes we can only move FROM the past into the future, and not relative to the future as the domain of freedom (in the imagination), to generate as we go, a whole NEW future-past.

It's insane, where the definition of insanity is to keep on doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

edit on 17-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The future affects the past as the past affects the future.

Being enthusiastic brings results according to your paradigm.

It's not that simple though. The post above, shows a NAM with confidence in changing past paradigms, based on practice... and he is ebbed with confidence known through realisation of future's, hope potential. The positive aspect is based on a future already known, a true paradigm, not an acknowledged past.

The future speaks to the past as the present reveals itself in our infinitely small aspect of time = now.

I love how people speak of the afterlife when we have yet to budge from any position that science can detect.

I've learnt to discriminate the infinite from the finite, but I always have a deeper theory despite anything I'm told.

Time doesn't exist. No past paradigms wanted. The white guy with a beard, was a white guy forgotten in time. They deserved to create a sentient god because they did.

Its harder to cope with yet. We are the future gods of the distant past, just as we are the past gods of the distant future. The story is already known, either way. We use time to discredit the future and the past, like time is now!

I know that the real future God is 'us' - time and space always growing. Our knowledge grows to the expanses of space/ time and infinitum.

Don't hang onto hang-ups

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

I love how people speak of the afterlife when we have yet to budge from any position that science can detect.

Science is a tool just like religion is a tool. They attempt to measure the same thing but are very different tools.

Maybe science cannot detect the afterlife, much like a thermometer cannot measure velocity. We are using the wrong tool or have not yet discovered the right one for measuring the afterlife.

OR, the afterlife simply cannot be detected from our point of view.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topato

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Science is a tool just like religion is a tool. They attempt to measure the same thing but are very different tools.

OR, the afterlife simply cannot be detected from our point of view.

I'm coming from a religious point of view when I mention science has not going anywhere. We ARE science. Everything has the same source = God. Drill down to the most finite particle (that we can never see) and we have pure light = pure energy.

I'm quite sure that we'll never understand the afterlife. My opinion is that it is where we belong. What we conceive of life is how we understand god and god will continue to mirror us. It won't be any different in a real spirit / soul context. We're in heaven now if we want to open up to the fact.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You are more correct than you even know.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join