It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreaming failure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I am curious if anyone here was ever in a lucid dreaming state and failed at what you where trying to do in your dream even though you where lucid dreaming?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I remember realizing i was lucid dreaming and i started doing something i thought i'd never wanted to do.
It seemed to me that i was actually dreaming about lucid dreaming because really i didn't have control lol

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yep, I've had those.. I think it relies on the depth of rem sleep we're in. Sometimes it's so light that we have easy control over it, but also have the problem of shocking ourselves awake (from realising we're lucid) - you can control this.

But too deep, still being aware, we are still in the hypnagogic state that deprives us of real involvement while we feel aware.

I have had many lucid dreams, and I often feel as if I am adrift in the ocean (no matter my surroundings) in that I know what I want to do, and struggle to do it, but the current of my dream drags me along regardless.

Makes for fun flying dreams... Whoah too high, OH NO, IM RUSHING TOWARD THE GROUND.. Ahh but let go of the fear, they are amazing....

I've never had a 100% controlled lucid dream.

well, I have in a sense, but I always get attacked by spiders in crab like shells that just are out to get me, or dogs with no faces and just gaping wounds for a throat that gnaw at my hands as if they are eating me, or cats that only want to claw into me for no reason, while I become paralysed... Not so fun...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Perhaps if you stopped playing Silent Hill?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yeah man, it happens. Sometimes its better to just let the dream go on auto pilot. Its fun.
However, if you want more control... wake up in the morning and go back to sleep but keep
your mind awake. You will feel some frequencies in your ears and your closed eye visuals
will be stronger. The frequencies indicate that you keep going back and forth from awake
state to dream state. Trust me, you will notice what i am talking about, its better to do it
in the morning and explore while your mind is still juicy from the REM. \m/~O_O~\m/

One suggestion... instead of looking up and focusing your attention at your pineal glad
or 3rd eye spot in the center of your head, just REST your eyes slightly to the right.
Also, squint to super charge the visuals when you wake up.

I am still learning myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Cool, for awhile I was semi-weird-ed out about a nightmare I had a few years back. Since I was 4-5ish I used lucid dreaming as an ohh s$%# mechanism to get rid of bad things in my dreams(anything from erasing it, to a Tommy gun).

Well the one time I had a dream(a few years back) and some unsavory characters where in it, I remember grabbing a rifle from my dad's room and headed to the dining room(had big glass windows overlooking a down-slope on a hill). When I fired the rifle through the window I noticed the glass "warped" and didn't shatter so I realized it was a dream and upgraded my rifle for something a bit more powerful(some kind of auto). The buggers would fall to the ground, turn into a mist and rematerialized standing up. So I focused everything I had into a rambo like persona to eliminate them for me. I remember watching after they all been defeated, I remember jumping up in joy , then the sheer terror when one materialized behind the persona I created and gave it a coup de grĂ¢ce. Then they all appeared at once at the window smashing through it(they broke the glass, I remember it shattering all over). One materialized before me and went to strike me with a scythe-sword hybrid weapon(looked like a kind of long sword with a scythe blade coming out the top middle of it), then I woke up.

I have always been able to end any nightmare I had(unless on some levels it amused me) with ease. Being so helpless while in a dream state was alarming to say the least. Always good to have a rational explanation.

top topics

join