It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influx of immigrants from India baffles border officials in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Anyone who has ever lived both in and out of India knows that escape from India is an imperative action.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
It will probably get a lot worse.

US is one of the few developed countries with weak border protection I have heard of.

Really?

You can drive through all of Europe and never see any secured borders.

Perhaps you meant that the U.S.A is one of the few developed countries whose security industry has successfully convinced its citizens to be in a heightened and constant state of fear, the only solution to this being to give them more money.
In order to justify this, they must come up with more and more grandiose plans, like building walls around the country, or laser security fences.

I would love to be given examples of other countries that are walled in. The only ones that come to mind were during the communist soviet era, but those walls were to keep people in.
(Hmmm, perhaps there is something to this after all.)

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
They could be Pakistani Muslim militants who are claiming to be Indian, most people would not know the difference, especially people in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

I can tell the difference

Originally posted by 547000
Anyone who has ever lived both in and out of India knows that escape from India is an imperative action.

Completely untrue
Many americans tell me that it's time for them to leave America though lol

There are many reasons why some Indians would want to illegaly come here
One of them is that they were not granted a VISA but have family here.
That's what I have seen happen quite often

Once they sneak in and spend time with family they also sneak out and go back to India

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't think it has much to do with harsh lifestyle in India .. it's actually much easier to get three meals a day in India .. Indians have always been crazy about America and think it's all gravy here in the US .. even if they are millionaires there in Ruppees or Dollars .. they still want to claim they have been in America .. which puts a virtual instant "high status" on them when they return .. people are so gullible and dumb .. they actually think money grows on trees here ..
I don't understand these people .. they are simply crazy about America and things from America ..
It is not unusual for an Indian to pay $50,000 to come to America illegally in a chicken van or whatever, smuggled in .. thats a lot of money in Indian Rupees .. they could live a lavish life back home .. instead they pay so much to come here and clean toilets in motels, work in brutal conditions at gas stations and they like .. quite shameful really .. I've seen these guys all over .. they soon learn the mistake they made ... but get too caught up in the system here to go back .. I know one Punjabi guy who set himself on fire at a gas station he was working at day and night .. couldn't take it any more being away from his family and the conditions ... he poured gasoline on himself one night and lit a match ..
They should be stopped .. given the large # of educated Indians contributing to the US development and growth .. these illegals are giving overall Indians a bad name ... and forcing new regulations that makes it very difficult for even people who want to come in legally .. or who are already here legally and going through the process of attaining citizenship by abiding laws and paying taxes ..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit
people are so gullible and dumb .. they actually think money grows on trees here ..
I don't understand these people

The U.S. is a welfare state with a FIAT system
My friend..... Money Does grow on trees here!

It's also what causes inflation, but what does a recipient care?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
well you aren't buying the pakastani terrorist theory well good for you but let me ask you this much if these illegals are ftom india where did they get money to travel half way around planet and to pay smugglers to sneak them into america and why it would be easier and cheaper to just go get a visa and when it runs out don't go back. i know rgis to be true because i got friends who have done this unless you are from hati or mexico ice doesn't give a crap, so how are these so called indians funding their entry?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Then I dare you to live in India or Pakistan. Maybe you would see why many people there want to migrate to other countries. I too once held the completely BS that this is the 21st century and living in developing countries can't be THAT bad. Hell, I bought the idea that India is now modernized because of the IT thing, but it's pretty much the same as 10 years ago, except now people have cars and computers.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by legalizeit
people are so gullible and dumb .. they actually think money grows on trees here ..
I don't understand these people [/quote
The U.S. is a welfare state with a FIAT system
My friend..... Money Does grow on trees here!

It's also what causes inflation, but what does a recipient care?

I don't know what state you're in .. but money certainly does NOT grow on trees .. and if it does .. it's not there for the average population to pick .. the welfare system seems like an easy ride .. but it's not .. you still live minimalistically .. and it's not easy by any shot .. yes it's free but when you've forked $50k to get here .. I'm sure you'll soon wish you had that cash handy ..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
well you aren't buying the pakastani terrorist theory well good for you but let me ask you this much if these illegals are ftom india where did they get money to travel half way around planet and to pay smugglers to sneak them into america and why it would be easier and cheaper to just go get a visa and when it runs out don't go back. i know rgis to be true because i got friends who have done this unless you are from hati or mexico ice doesn't give a crap, so how are these so called indians funding their entry?

You obviously aren't aware of how terrible the immigration system in america really is. If you felt you needed to leave asap, life or death, you would hop on the boat and come over. How is it cheaper to get to Texas and illegally arrive than to legally fly on an airline, passport, etc..

I think Jack White said it best:

"White Americans, what, nothin' better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out, you're an immigrant too.
Who's using who? What should we do?
Well you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Then I dare you to live in India or Pakistan. Maybe you would see why many people there want to migrate to other countries. I too once held the completely BS that this is the 21st century and living in developing countries can't be THAT bad. Hell, I bought the idea that India is now modernized because of the IT thing, but it's pretty much the same as 10 years ago, except now people have cars and computers.

I already have!
Lived in India for like 11months, loved it!

There is no such thing as India is like this or India is like that, no such statement exists.
You live in one area in India and then move maybe 2hours away and it's almost like a new country, every region is different from the last, even dialect changes.

You live in the western world and majority of your pay goes towards Taxes, you live in India and you pretty much keep the fruits of your labor.
Food is great and not expensive at all and you live a nice life.

If you have a 100rupees in India, you can live an entire month no problem on that 100 rupees alone.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hmm, maybe you were fortunate those 11 months. My experiences completely changed my mind about a lot of things. The poverty, the corruption, the quality of life--pretty much convinced me that it's just not the place for many people. I guess it's true what they say: either you love India or you hate it.

Edit: You do pay taxes there, and the bureaucracy involved to get any paperwork done, no matter how minuscule it's importance is, is a pain in the ass.
edit on 7-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Where did you stay exactly?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Two places: Hyderabad and Pune. Both disappointing because many people speak about how they are metropolitan hubs. I was probably expecting too much.

I've even traveled to Mumbai. Super overrated. And Chennai basically made me literally sick with the garbage everywhere. I had to get medicated afterwords for a while.
edit on 7-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I already have!
Lived in India for like 11months, loved it!

There is no such thing as India is like this or India is like that, no such statement exists.
You live in one area in India and then move maybe 2hours away and it's almost like a new country, every region is different from the last, even dialect changes.

You live in the western world and majority of your pay goes towards Taxes, you live in India and you pretty much keep the fruits of your labor.
Food is great and not expensive at all and you live a nice life.

If you have a 100rupees in India, you can live an entire month no problem on that 100 rupees alone.

I know I said its cheaper than here .. but geez .. Rs100 can last a month ..? come on .. what century you living in ..? it's not that cheap either ... times have changed ... if you have lived there .. you should know that Rs100 won't even last you a day sometimes .. lets keep it real ... even eating out of banana leaves it'll last just couple of days ... 3 tops ..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

Maybe he's talking about villages in the outskirts of cities? I never lived there, but in cities 100 rupees will not really last you. Maybe it will buy you biryani or roadside snacks, but that's pretty much most of what food you can live on with such little money. A month is stretching it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Influx of immigrants from India baffles border officials in Texas

www.latimes.com

Thousands of immigrants from India have crossed into the United States illegally at the southern tip of Texas in the last year, part of a mysterious and rapidly growing human-smuggling pipeline that is backing up court dockets, filling detention centers and triggering investigations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Think about this for a second...if a normal Indian man and woman can easily walk across our Border, how hard would it be for a Muslim Extremest with murder in his heart to walk across? We need to seal our Borders, people keep screaming that, Arizona is about to secede over that, and our Congress sits on it's collective butts and does nothing but dream up ways to make illegals legal, and win their votes.
If this keep up I am afraid the border States are going to react in ways the government will not like.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So if you loved it, what's your rationale for the sudden influx from India?

Why are they hating it and instead choosing to come to America?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Anyone actually read the source?

No they arent "Pakistani terrorists" claiming to be Indian.
You think border officials are just going to say "Oh okay Mr. brown skinned person, you're Indian because you say so, come on in".

They are saying Indians because the are from India and it would appear to be very well documented:

There is no evidence that terrorists are using the smuggling pipeline, FBI and Department of Homeland Security officials said.

Most of the immigrants say they are from the Punjab or Gujarat states. They are largely Sikhs who say they face religious persecution, or members of the Bharatiya Janata Party who say they are targeted for beatings by members of the National Congress Party.

Many Indians begin their journey by flying from Mumbai to Dubai, then to South American countries such as Ecuador or Venezuela, according to authorities and immigration attorneys. Guatemala has emerged as the key transit hub into Mexico, they said. The roundabout journeys are necessary because Mexico requires visas for Indians.

"When they first showed up, I scratched my head a little bit," Patel said. But he has opened his doors and makes the immigrants feel at home.

"They need a place to stay," he said. "They need food. They speak my language, so of course, as a human being, I can help them out."

India, like many 3rd World countries is widespread with poverty, terrible living conditions and massive corruption.

Some authorities think the immigrants are simply seeking economic opportunities and are willing to pay $12,000 to $20,000 to groups that smuggle them to staging grounds in northern Mexico. Kibble said smugglers may have shifted to the Southwest after ICE dismantled visa fraud rings that brought Indians to the Northeast.

edit on 7-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I thought that I heard on the radio news this morning that they were Sikhs seeking political asylum. That would make sense even though it would not be too politically correct to admit that one of our allies is having issues with persecution of religious minorities.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Most of the immigrants say they are from the Punjab or Gujarat states. They are largely Sikhs who say they face religious persecution, or members of the Bharatiya Janata Party who say they are targeted for beatings by members of the National Congress Party..

Sikhs are not at all persecuted, ESPECIALLY in Punjab where almost everyone is Sikh.
Punjab is actually a pretty modern region in India.
But no there are no persecution of Sikhs in Punjab and in Gujarat there's mostly Hindus and some muslims.
Gujurat is where all the Patels are from.

And the Bharatiya Janata Party are not being targetted for beatings by Congress I, that's ridiculous
If anything it would be the opposite, BJP is India's ultra orthodox right wing party.

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Some authorities think the immigrants are simply seeking economic opportunities and are willing to pay $12,000 to $20,000 to groups that smuggle them to staging grounds in northern Mexico.

This is mostly it, the illusion of easy money in the west.
Number one there is no persecution really
Secondly anyone in India who is persecuted does not have the resources to escape to Latin America, to Texas.
That's ridiculous.

They are coming for the illusion of easy cash and saying they are being persecuted.

That's what i'm thinking.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join