It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time posting, long-time reader, etc...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi ATS. My name is Travis, I'm from Las Vegas. Been reading for a couple of years now, decided to make an account a month or so ago, and finally have something worth sharing today. I guess that's it? Im not sure wether or not this meets the requirements of a proper introduction, but I am looking forward to healthy discussion and general nerdery (for lack of a better term), as I've been deeply interested in alternative topics for the better part of my life. Thanks, cheers!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Feel free to send me a U2U if you have any questions or concerns.

~Keeper—Forum Moderator

BTW: I'm Travis too!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ah, nice. A fellow Travis. Do people call you Trav, too? Most of my family and friends call me that.

Thanks for the info, I think I pretty much understand the various rules and all, but I'll take another look just to be safe. And I have to say, while there are many rules and restrictions in regards to posting here, I'm glad they exist, because I come here to read the wealth of news and information that members post and submit. Nothing is worse than trying to sift through a poorly-moderated forum full of incomplete info. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this place is pretty legit, and I dig it. Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS , Travis

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hey Travis welcome to ATS. I registered as soon as I found this place and I still have trouble deciding when to share my opinions on several topics. Your intro is fine and I look forward to reading your posts in the future. What topics and forums are you most interested in?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisisnotdead
Ah, nice. A fellow Travis. Do people call you Trav, too? Most of my family and friends call me that.

Thanks for the info, I think I pretty much understand the various rules and all, but I'll take another look just to be safe. And I have to say, while there are many rules and restrictions in regards to posting here, I'm glad they exist, because I come here to read the wealth of news and information that members post and submit. Nothing is worse than trying to sift through a poorly-moderated forum full of incomplete info. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this place is pretty legit, and I dig it. Thanks again!

Yes people do call me Trav lol

And yea, the rules are there for exactly the reasons you posted. People are here for information and discussions, not to read off topic remarks and rude comments.

We take that very seriously here and without them, we would be akin to a playground with no teacher standing watch over the bullies.

That's not to say we dont' come accross our fair share of vitriol it happens; what we the staff ask is that you alert those posts and threads instead of replying to them so they can be handled with the least ammount of "drama".

I certainly appreciate your understanding and I know you'll fit right in here.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Glad you're not dead, Travis, and glad you're here. I definitely like the new term "nerdery."
Probably gonna end up using it somewhere if'n you don't mind. Sometimes a person just HAS to make up a new word, eh?

Lotsa fun here. I lurked for a few years and didn't know what fun I was missing. See you around!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Any and all. I'd say I'm most interested in the topics on ETs and UFOs, but I'm kind of getting into the discussions on conspiracies. I wouldn't say that I agree with all of them, but I think they're important to investigate at the very least. Lately, I've been looking at the world in a different way, thanks to ATS. For example, I noticed that there were many, many, maaaaany ads run during the Super Bowl that featured ETs (and not just movie trailers!). Kind of makes you wonder if someone really is trying to slowly but surely disclose the ET presence to the nation/world.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
hi Travis from LA or was it LV ugh i should go to bed. ah
welcome anyway

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

'Nerdery' is free for you to use, buddy. Have at it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by LastStand

Any and all. I'd say I'm most interested in the topics on ETs and UFOs, but I'm kind of getting into the discussions on conspiracies. I wouldn't say that I agree with all of them, but I think they're important to investigate at the very least. Lately, I've been looking at the world in a different way, thanks to ATS. For example, I noticed that there were many, many, maaaaany ads run during the Super Bowl that featured ETs (and not just movie trailers!). Kind of makes you wonder if someone really is trying to slowly but surely disclose the ET presence to the nation/world.

Yes I noticed that as well. And the halftime show had some "otherworldly" kind of techno vibe to it. Honestly in my opinion I don't believe we will have total disclosure from the government. But I do believe they are getting us ready for something be it an actual contact or some kind of false flag ufo event. You know immerse us in a worst case aliens destroy the world mentality and when they finally do show themselves it won't be so bad.
edit on 2/7/2011 by LastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Welcome on board Travis! Hope you enjoy your stay here at this great forum!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Welcome!

I just saw your mood and thought you might be interested in achieving a better mood than the doomy one. There will be doom for some people but not everyone, let´s try to be on the right side of the river splitting the world in two shall we?

Please check out my book link to Zhuan Falun(a bestseller from China which includes how to become a truly good person, opening your third eye and develop supernormal powers) below and you will know what I am talking about.

/Truthfulness Compassion Forbearance is good; Falun Dafa is good.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
Welcome!

I just saw your mood and thought you might be interested in achieving a better mood than the doomy one. There will be doom for some people but not everyone, let´s try to be on the right side of the river splitting the world in two shall we?

Please check out my book link to Zhuan Falun(a bestseller from China which includes how to become a truly good person, opening your third eye and develop supernormal powers) below and you will know what I am talking about.

/Truthfulness Compassion Forbearance is good; Falun Dafa is good.

While I appreciate that, and I will check out your link, I only typed 'doom' next to 'mood' because they are heteropalindromes. But thanks!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by travisisnotdead

Interesting, if you hadn´t written doom there I never might have answerred this thread and you would never have come across Falun Dafa or the book Zhuan Falun...

I appreciate my misunderstanding and hope you will do it as well.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Perhaps it was meant to be. Kinda makes me even more interested. You up for a U2U discussion once I'm finished with it?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Gaussq

Perhaps it was meant to be. Kinda makes me even more interested. You up for a U2U discussion once I'm finished with it?

You are welcome for a U2U, just send me a PM!

It will take you a few weeks to read it through unless you are really dedicated or have a lot of time on your hands. Just keep reading it to the end(it is very hard to finish the book the first time), you will be amazed by the effects.

PS: The free exercises are here: www.vimeo.com...

top topics

join