It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Ever Facepalm for the Human Race?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I mean really, we have so much damn potential. Yet as a whole, I facepalm for us multiple times every day.

I actually feel like the global IQ drops just a little bit more every time someone posts a status update.

Lately, I have been spending much more time off of the computer, and I have to say, I actually feel better.

It is time for us to reconnect to nature and stop connecting to the internet so much. The internet can be good, but remember, in moderation.

We are not doomed yet. We can help to turn this all around and make Mother Earth proud of her children again.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I used to do that, but then people started asking who was smacking me and leaving the red palm mark on my head all the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I've always imagined that perhaps, if we created a statue of a huge dragon, and then we as humans gathered up as a whole, perhaps maybe a 100 of us, and spent hours perhaps days sending prayers, and focus onto that statue, then maybe we could have it actually come alive, become flesh, the way we program it to be.

But instead, its just too enjoyable being seperate, drinking beer, and f****g non-stop like pure beasts.

Some of us here who ejaculate, feel disgusted right after, and those that love being beasts and still behave like animals, do not feel disgusted right after.

I think we as humans can pool our focus together, and manifest anything, for example, summoning dragons as I said.

I know its possible. It takes time, people dont have time, people dont have patience. Why? Because they have to go to f*****g work to get money to bring home food. Essentially, they dont have time because they hardly have any time to survive.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Everytime I come on here and see a thread about pop stars and rappers being in the Illuminati

And any time I hear how wussified young people have become

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Not to be rude...but you come off very condescending and with an attitude as if you are better than others.

In my opinion, that isn't a trait that is will make the human race better as a whole.

There is wisdom in the concept of "don't judge others".

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I agree with you. But then I'm one of those peace loving, smiley people that just wants everyone to get along.

I wonder what would happen, if for one day... just ONE DAY, if everyone on earth got along with each other, didn't bicker and nitpick over stupid things, stopped being petty, jealous, rude, abusive, etc, etc, etc. and just helped one another and enjoyed being alive.

One day doesn't sound like much, but I think just one peaceful day of people not thinking "ME, ME, ME!" would be enough to make a HUUUUUGE difference in this world and then maybe they wouldn't want to go back to their selfish ways.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I agree with you. But then I'm one of those peace loving, smiley people that just wants everyone to get along.

I wonder what would happen, if for one day... just ONE DAY, if everyone on earth got along with each other, didn't bicker and nitpick over stupid things, stopped being petty, jealous, rude, abusive, etc, etc, etc. and just helped one another and enjoyed being alive.

One day doesn't sound like much, but I think just one peaceful day of people not thinking "ME, ME, ME!" would be enough to make a HUUUUUGE difference in this world and then maybe they wouldn't want to go back to their selfish ways.

basically what your saying, is that one day, everyone can be selfish, yet, not be selfish to each other, so that they may be selfish.

sonny, thats a dream, and a dream that wouldnt last too long in reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The way I feel about with all the craziness in the world and of course the sign bringers for food and the like, there is too much beauty and wonderment left in this world and that which has not yet been discovered to leave me bitter to opinions and voices of the chanting crowds. To me I would rather concentrate on things outside of who I am then those with in. Sometimes anyways, it is always important to remember who you are of course, but to allow others to bring you down to their level of idiocy is in fact just that. And no that is actually how I feel and I don't voice that often, whether that be conceited or not it is how I see things.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Golithion because: Dyslexia strikes again!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You should not judge others, but you should not put burdens and responsibilities on others that they are not able to handle. In order to work, you have to measure up others. And some people have more capacity then others. Work can help those with more capacity to take more responsibility and lead the group as a whole. There are good reasons people are left out of decisions, our entire society is organized that way. So, if humans organize poorly and make bad decisions you have to give them the tools to achieve more then they do today. The Internet technology has allowed for precisely that. Just work, and perhaps the rest of the pack will follow your good example, or at least make things better for yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I did not mean to sound condescending, and for real man, both you and me know the world can be a better place.

I am not saying I'm better than others, I want to help people get back into the tribal/wilderness lifestyle, which I feel is the most sincere way of saying thanks to mother Earth.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I mean really, we have so much damn potential. Yet as a whole, I facepalm for us multiple times every day.

I actually feel like the global IQ drops just a little bit more every time someone posts a status update.

Lately, I have been spending much more time off of the computer, and I have to say, I actually feel better.

It is time for us to reconnect to nature and stop connecting to the internet so much. The internet can be good, but remember, in moderation.

We are not doomed yet. We can help to turn this all around and make Mother Earth proud of her children again.

I know where you are coming from, my friend, and I agree with you. My face is rather red these days. All of us have the potential to spread the light around, yet we are so caught up in day to day crap that nobody knows how to truly "live" anymore. We're all contributing to the problem: me, you, posters in this thread, the ATS community, hell the whole damn world is to blame. We share this planet, the only one we have, yet we continue to waste our time with such trivial things.

This isn't to say that technology doesn't have its uses, however.

I have met you, and much of my "extended family" from frequenting ATS over the past year, and together many of us have put our heads together in an effort to come up with a better plan, a better way of living. It's very hard to do, I know, but I believe time is becoming shorter by the second, and this is the last chance we have to get it right.

I didn't find your observations condescending in the least, and quite frankly, no truer words have been spoken. We have been lost in the web of lies, death, sadness, and darkness, and now it's time to break free of those chains and spread the light that we are all so capable of spreading, again.

Much love to you my bradah.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Global derivatives are valued at 1.5 quadrillion or more when the entire assets of the world are only estimated at around 100 trillion or so.

The entire world's energy infrastructure is only valued at about 15 trillion USD.

So, the entire world's economy is still a bubble waiting to burst.

If you look a the Baltic Dry (int'. shipping) Index, it is clear that the "recovery" form the global financial crisis of 07' and 08' was largely illusory.

The Titanic is still headed for the iceberg.

I think that deserves a special facepalm for humanity in general, among other things.

So, yes. Absolutely.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No I don't face palm much at all.

I'm sure God does. Even as we speak.

Reminds me of something Einstien said .

" I know of two thing that go to infinity. The universe and the stupidity of man. I'm not so sure about the universe'.
edit on 7-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by MindSpin

I did not mean to sound condescending, and for real man, both you and me know the world can be a better place.

I am not saying I'm better than others, I want to help people get back into the tribal/wilderness lifestyle, which I feel is the most sincere way of saying thanks to mother Earth.

We can't... the shackles of society and the ostensible laws the government imposes on us, restrict us from swaying outside of their grasp. Restrictions on how you live, no running water or electricity, you are penalised. You are FORCED to submit to their whims despite your objections, your disapproval or the fact you do not want to recognise them.

I can only speak for where I live, so absolutely I know the US has more freedom in this respect, but I have heard of some of the most purile laws being forced on people there, in regards to this such as an elderly couple being fined for not being able to afford electricity and not moving out of their own home due to it.

What an ironic stupidity - Pay your electricity, or we will make you homeless.

I wish there was a place that allowed people wishing to live off the land to do so in a non destructive manner, where there was the ability to grow your own food, catch fish, feel secure and NOT have the weight of the law breathing down your neck at any opportunity. We cannot even pitch a tent at the beach where I live. Shanty shacks are being torn down while the occupants who've lived there for decades are told to move on. Small communities well within regional forrest near the Margaret river are under threat of being evicted, despite almost a century long history of them being there as families. The last ones are trying to get the area registered under historical importance but the government are too busy on their swivel chairs making more cash than they know what to do with, to care about people.

There is no such thing as a free world. Only the illusion of freedom as long as you do not break the cardinal rule of thinking you are free.

I think I went a bit off topic, but I kept it to the post I replied to, I facepalm the world too much to care anymore... And it won't let me off to have a break from it all...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i facepalm every day.
it seems like every year the general public slows down.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You forget that most people are just one step above feral animals. Just because a person is clever or smart doesn't make then truly sentient by default(it usually means they have more capability of becoming sentient). Then when you throw in mental illnesses like bi-polar disorder, severe narcissism, psychopaths and sociopaths; it can make for a messed up world.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
S&F.. nothing else to add

i should go more in nature indeed .. i love it
in my past i was a lot in the nature doing trip .. why did i stoped that .. i dont know

the human mind is weak .. but with a little bit of wisdom we can be great

edit on 2/7/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sigh no facepalming here...

Although i do sometimes wonder how much farther advanced we would be if money didnt exist and all them birhgt minds and scientists would have no barriers to the things they could accomplish...if only wee had a system that didnt have money i think the world would be a much better place (i dont pretend to know what that system would be haha)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
We have the intellectual capacity, however, most of us are under-developed emotionally, even somebody with a high IQ is still going to be generally innocent to the hard facts of life if they are born and raised in a sheltered, isolated environment. Anyway, in the long term, we will all die, and the Earth will re-grow, and there will be a new intelligent species here in hundreds of millions of years time, perhaps digging up some old human artefacts...
edit on 7-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturalKnowledge

Um, no, lol. The point was to genuinely drop being selfish for a day. Period.

And yes, it's a dream. Didn't claim it would be reality, but I would like for it to be. Even if it sounds rather hippie'ish of me
I just think that humanity, as a whole, would fair much better if they would forget trying to kill each other, trying to rule each other, etc. If all that wasted energy was put to actually helping each other, the world would HAVE to change for the better.

That was the whole point of my post. Take it at face value. I thought it was fairly simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join