It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the Universe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

so this man did not want to conform or live by moralistic values but instead invent his own set of laws and chose other means by which to define his personal and materialistic view of the world and what t should be for him, and personally ?

You clearly haven't read his book(s)...he backs up every one of his claims with facts. It's not him making stuff up, he's a scientist, so when he comes out with papers/books, they are well researched and backed up with objective evidence.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
but attacking him based on his persona is petty and doesn't add any more credibility to your opinions.

ones persona and they way they interact with others speak volumes about a persons character, which in turn reflect the individuals mindset and also where they got their values.

have you looked up the word "materialistic" and then clicked on the link also for "materialism" ?
en.wikipedia.org...

clicking on the link within for "materialism" you find this...

"[For the prioritization of resources, see economic materialism. For the Marxist analysis, see dialectical materialism. For consumerism, see consumerism]"

any of those words offensive to you ?

now I know why and that is just the tip of the iceberg why I disagreed with this pompous snobs ideology without even knowing who he was when I came on ats.

we learn something new everyday...

I am not down with the materialistic mindset of the rich aristocrat at all, I am for equality and freedom of choice and lady Liberty !

edit on 2/7/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

So what are you slamming Mr Dawkins for exactly? What he says? the way he says it? or the fact that hes english? he refuses to sugar-coat the truth, nothing wrong with that, everything he writes in his books is meticulously researched and backed up with solid experimentation or are you just annoyed that he wont 'Dumb it down' so you can keep up?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

what he says and the way he says it... I couldn't give a shyte what color or nationality the man is, seriously... I am Caucasian just like he is... lady Liberty dislikes commies period !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
fair enough comment, and up to a point i can understand why you have a problem with how he gets his point across he does come over as being a little confrontational at times, i like to refer to him as the 'angry academic' but why do you have a problem with what he says? are you implying that he is in some way just making it all up? or that his research or experiments are in some way bogus? because that is a very serious claim to make against any scientist.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972
fair enough comment, and up to a point i can understand why you have a problem with how he gets his point across he does come over as being a little confrontational at times, i like to refer to him as the 'angry academic' but why do you have a problem with what he says? are you implying that he is in some way just making it all up? or that his research or experiments are in some way bogus? because that is a very serious claim to make against any scientist.

confrontational ?

he come off as being a dictatorial arse, tailored to only his personal lifestyle that is all about classes where the rich can do whatever they want to do.

here and by my American way of life, all have a chance and I believe in the American dream where the average person can become successful according to their ability without exploit, ect... I couldn't explain it clearly enough or express it more deeply.

tell that penishead never to come back to my damn country !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
so your only problem with him is that hes very well educated and refuses to act like a moron just in case he upsets someone? how the hell does that make someone a Communist? that has got to be one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. take a look around your own country mate and tell me how many of your homeless and unemployed have become rich and famous. I doubt he would want to return to your country its full of religious nutters who are quite happy to shoot people for nothing more than working in an abortion clinic.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972
so your only problem with him is that hes very well educated and refuses to act like a moron just in case he upsets someone? how the hell does that make someone a Communist? that has got to be one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. take a look around your own country mate and tell me how many of your homeless and unemployed have become rich and famous. I doubt he would want to return to your country its full of religious nutters who are quite happy to shoot people for nothing more than working in an abortion clinic.

it is beyond my scope of explaining to you... specially in this particular topic which is in the wrong section for it and totally off topic.

that man is a racist plain and simple.

end of discussion...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Dawkins is not a racist or a Commie, and he has written many articles and essays specifically dedicated to his daughter.

Your hatred for him appears to stem from the brutal truth that is a devastating contradiction to many of your teleological and spiritual beliefs.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

no he is more directly Anti-American and a Communist scum... he doesn't even know it, or maybe he does?

he should convert to Islam or move to an Islamic state in my opinion.

over here we have God and Country, I am sorry you have forgot that dude.

you're cool though yup that's for sure...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

You clearly haven't read his book(s)...he backs up every one of his claims with facts. It's not him making stuff up, he's a scientist, so when he comes out with papers/books, they are well researched and backed up with objective evidence.

and I am not quite interested in reading his material or "buying" his book either... is he trying to strip people of their moral ethic code for the NWO's agenda or something ? Actually when I look at it like this it makes more sense to me, this man has no knowledge of history and our "American Dream" the vision our forefathers had for us, our mindset is not narrow like his and his selfishness...

The American Dream is that dream of a land in which life should be better and richer and fuller for every man, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement. It is a difficult dream for the European upper classes to interpret adequately,
en.wikipedia.org...

read that very closely... specially if you are a UK citizen, then you will understand what he and others like him are up against, what he represents and why personally I just can't stand his attitude... it is quite offensive and odious to me.

and it is perfectly allowable under our freedom of speech laws, unlike Britain's anti-hate speech laws to express it openly, my word is my sword !

poor England... God save the Queen !

edit on 2/8/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Dawkins' divorce and daughter

I've just come across a bit of evidence which may help explain why Richard Dawkins so often leaves scientific method behind when he attacks religion:

Now Dawkins does a wonderful analysis in his book The Selfish Gene, and again in later papers in more detail, of Roman Catholicism. As I'm sure you know he's pretty vehement about Roman Catholicism, largely because his daughter, when he split up from his wife she was educated against his will in a Catholic nunnery and it must have been pretty painful for him to see this process happening. So he spells out what happens in Roman Catholicism.

This is from a presentation that Susan Blackmore gave at Pop!Tech in Camden in 2005.

A little more evidence:

He married Marian Stamp in 1967, but they divorced in 1984. Later that year, Dawkins married Eve Barham – with whom he had a daughter, Juliet Emma Dawkins in 1984 – but they, too, subsequently divorced. He married actress Lalla Ward in 1992.

This is from Wikipedia (detailed references for both quotes are here) and should be considered, like everything, in context.
thebary.blogspot.com...

a failed father of the people and the individual...

now I need to look further back into his history and see if he was an alter-boy [lol] for Roman Catholicism ?

America was established by Protestant Puritans... we got away from the thought-police too and established our Union under God in America, we didn't decide to become just like what we got away from.

this is an on-the-spot analogy from an ignorant American (and damn proud of it) that would possibly mesh well with what most shrinks in my country would have to say about him, humm... I wonder if their are any books out there about just that ?

www.psychologytoday.com...

the sky is blue... sorry

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

he's a scientist

he's a racist been infected with sociobiology ! afterall we here in America do have a word for it...

Clinton Richard Dawkins, FRS, FRSL (born 26 March 1941) is a British ethologist and evolutionary biologist.
en.wikipedia.org...

Neil Tyson is a real scientist

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

ones persona and they way they interact with others speak volumes about a persons character, which in turn reflect the individuals mindset and also where they got their values.

But it says nothing about the content of their work...especially if it's scientific work that has to be backed up with evidence. He could be a total ass, but if his work is backed up with evidence, it would still be valid...and it is

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

he's a scientist

he's a racist been infected with sociobiology ! afterall we here in America do have a word for it...

Clinton Richard Dawkins, FRS, FRSL (born 26 March 1941) is a British ethologist and evolutionary biologist.
en.wikipedia.org...

Neil Tyson is a real scientist

Ethology and evolution are both science just like anything Tyson does

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

He could be a total ass, but if his work is backed up with evidence, it would still be valid...and it is

he could be just another Adolf Hitler too...

if he would like to study animals and apply then compare his observations to human psychology then so be it...

nimby !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I do not think sociobiology which he dabbles in debating religion and psychology have anything to do with pure science... Astrophysics on the other hand are far from his simplistic titles and boring.

it's like Ragu... it's all in the methodology, his presentation, and more importantly his application...

just as Tyson has said himself in the video posted.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He could be a total ass, but if his work is backed up with evidence, it would still be valid...and it is

he could be just another Adolf Hitler too...

if he would like to study animals and apply then compare his observations to human psychology then so be it...

nimby !

If Hitler came up with the theory of evolution, it would still be valid. It doesn't matter who comes up with a theory, as all the presented evidence has to be OBJECTIVE, and if it is, the theory's valid. The person behind it is irrelevant

edit on 8-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I do not think sociobiology which he dabbles in debating religion and psychology have anything to do with pure science... Astrophysics on the other hand are far from his simplistic titles and boring.

it's like Ragu... it's all in the methodology, his presentation, and more importantly his application...

just as Tyson has said himself in the video posted.

You might wanna look up the definitions, they're science just as much as astrophysics...even if you don't like that, it's a fact

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If Hitler came up with the theory of evolution, it would still be valid. It doesn't matter who comes up with a theory,

yes I too believe nazi eugenics and sociobiology revolved very much around his "theory" of Evolution.

good point...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join