It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS become Egypt in a way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Alright lets all take a quick break and review the threads seen over the past three days. Multiple threads concerning the exact same thing. Correct information provided within threads that is quickly buried by 3 to 4 more pages of new musings and changes to the initial thread topic. And I'm sorry I've seen Magnetic Pole Shifts causing Massive Global Storms thread started at least 6 times. Once about a week ago when it was linked from BIN and now today there are 2 threads. Google Terrance Aym.
So I feel like i'm in Egypt watching repositories of knowledge and artifacts being defaced asking where are the police?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

You raise a very good point here. I too have noticed the same thing and if every time valid points are raised but not in the 'favourite' section if you know what I mean, they are quickly dealt with and dumped one way or another.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

You raise a very good point here. I too have noticed the same thing and if every time valid points are raised but not in the 'favourite' section if you know what I mean, they are quickly dealt with and dumped one way or another.

The sad thing is there is a certain thread that has been technically busted and proven to be a hoax...but that too is now a conspiracy. When everything is a conspiracy its time to take a break...specifically one involving Pizza

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What about what is posted to facebook? Like today Islam supports terrorism. Really thats the best post on here that deserves be put on facebook? IMO, thats the worst to put out there. And if you say stuff against certain subjects it gets pulled. Probably like this one might.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as to say it is like Egypt. I think a lot of it has to do how the topic is being presented. Personally, I enjoy those threads that are more about discussion, because it can increase my scope and understanding on a topic. However, here are how posts are typically shared:

1. The tattle tale - finds a scary news bit and presents it without any context. These threads often fizzle out unless someone helps direct it.
2. The helper - usually attempts to identify what the poster was trying to communicate and helps facilitate that idea.
3. The maestro - spends all day typing up a very nice post with links, images, etc., but sees any new insights or views contrary to the one presented as a personal attack.
4. The counter maestro - same as maestro, but deadlocks with the original maestro in a struggle for dominance.
5. The ultimate skeptic - poo poos every idea without presenting any reference.
6. The wander - sees any post as an opportunity to share one's stream of consciousness.

Perhaps, it is that nobody really searches or sees what is already posted before they begin? Maybe they feel like the current thread has been taken off topic and try to resolve ideas elsewhere. Who knows.
edit on 6-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by raceway40

What about what is posted to facebook? Like today Islam supports terrorism. Really thats the best post on here that deserves be put on facebook? IMO, thats the worst to put out there. And if you say stuff against certain subjects it gets pulled. Probably like this one might.

Islam supports Terrorism - I have never heard such rubbish in all my life. That's like saying Christians support Murder. I can't even be bothered to discuss it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Many people come on this site;

a) To satisfy their own large Egos.
b) They have no one else to bounce their ideas off and are lonely.
c) They are genuinely interested in conspiracy theories and have something to contribute.
d) They just like to put the cat amongst the pigeons.
e) Curiosity.

And I'm sure there are many other reasons.

I think the majority are in group 'c' however I do firmly believe we lose many participants of the site due to the petty arguments that ensue because of group 'a' and possibly these people could give very valid feedback.

The dumping of threads that often provide evidence to the argument I believe should be given more support and considered very carefully when ever evidence is provided no matter where they got it from. Unless it is truly from Crazy Land by anyones standards.
Some contributers to BIN are well respected people who have a strong following because of their sound research and I'm sure the same applies to many other sites.
Whats that old saying: 'Don't throw the bathwater out with the baby'

To refuse to consider evidence simply because it does not match your own belief system is the hieght of ignorance!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
To refuse to consider evidence simply because it does not match your own belief system is the hieght of ignorance!

That was very well said! Maybe here at ATS there is also the following group of people:

f) people who spread misinformation, for whatever reason, influenced by external sources or of their own interests.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I think 'c' also, and then an 'a' fest erupts. It is funny that we all "should" have learned by now that the ego is no way to go. Perhaps, practice makes perfect.

I am relatively new around here, but you would think we could establish our conversations so well, that with little editing and cleanup, they would end up being in the wiki on the topic. There is something like that around here, isn't there?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If people researched the boards before they started a new thread or researched before posting what ultimately is an unthought out illogical position- then most of the content on this site wouldn't exist.

new topics

top topics

join