It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden Devil Worshippers......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Desolo

What they are doing is nothing new. Bands such as Riotgod and The Damned Things use the most common "illuminati" symbol of the eye within a pyramid on their recent album covers/jackets. It doesn't mean that they're part of a conspiracy though.
edit on 7-2-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

weve established that not all people that wear such symbols are appart of the conspiracy but what im trying to search for is WHY are those symbols actually being used?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Regardless of what you may read in interviews, most successful ( = money-churning machines) bands carry on with a persona that was created for them. there are people who are paid huge money to sell the image. No detail goes overlooked.

Major record labels care about one thing: profit. Selling the product, the band, to a specific market segment that will give them maximum return on investment is what its all about.

Music has been tuned to the marketplace since people discovered easy coin can be had. In reality, very few groups are given much room to do as they please, right down to how long a song is or its content, music or lyric.

The arts are controlled, this is nothing new. If you ever want to expose yourself to recent history music that was not dictated by corporate suits, buy some Frank Zappa recordings. Frank was one of those rare musicians who actually read, wrote and composed music. and Frank went his own path, creative and artistic. Mr. Zappa also surrounded himself with the absolutely best musicians in the industry that were free and available for projects. Aside from being a great modern day composer, Mr. Zappa was simply incredible on guitar. Few can express as much feeling and depth as Frank did, and I'll mourn his loss until the day I too am gone from this plane.

Most of what is on the radio is made-to-sell feel-good rubbish, be it metal or other category. Too many musicians forget their roots as they reach for the brass ring. And most of them never really had much to say to begin with; they are void of social consciousness and care only for their own self-gain.

What bands do you know of that were always committed to causes, and to using their voice to bring light to a needy subject? In current times the only bands that come to my mind are U2, Midnight Oil and The Cranberries. No, the plethora of country western 'artists' that are cashing in on 9/11 and singing about veterans do not count - they are just whoring for the money, and they should be ashamed.

In conclusion: most $$$ bands are carefully controlled products that were crafted to appeal to you and your wallet. If you really want to help real musicians, get out there and attend Local live shows, pop into the pubs where a group is playing, lend some support. In the real world most musicians never get a decent break or a decent paycheck. Support the starving artists, they appreciate the help.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
ugh...I had to log in to say this because whoever suggested the title of this topic was true is a retard.

three members of Iron maiden, currently, are CHRISTIAN, including nicko and brucy, I think adrian is the other but I cannot be sure, its been a while since music meant that much to me, still they are rockin' =D

this argument started all the way back when they released 'number of the beast'

and yes there are subtle referances to TPTB in some of their songs because they are trying to subtly get the point across without preaching.

*breaths* now go play zepplin backwards and leave my metal alone.

ed: as for the symbology, why don't you direct your questions to THE BANDS ARTIST who has been with them since the 'killers' album.
edit on 7-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
ugh...I had to log in to say this because whoever suggested the title of this topic was true is a retard.

three members of Iron maiden, currently, are CHRISTIAN, including nicko and brucy, I think adrian is the other but I cannot be sure, its been a while since music meant that much to me, still they are rockin' =D

this argument started all the way back when they released 'number of the beast'

your a complete retard, the devil worship reference was a cunning trick to draw attention to my post,,, the first two words after the title are, ......... dun dun dun probably not,, nobody suggested iron maiden were devil worshippers at all, and just because they are christian dont mean anything, in the true words of bill hicks "go find your #ing soul" playing songs backwards is a bit sinister in itself tbh!!!
Read before you write
edit on 7-2-2011 by Desolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Maiden is one of the most Christian Heavy Metal Bands there are
these bands are pointing a finger at Evil not worshiping it
the Kids Know what evil IS incarnate and will fight it at every corner cause their not Pussies

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
its in the title of the thread, if drawing that conclusion makes me retarded then im retarded.

damn trolls are everywhere.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would think there'd be a rule somewhere against using misleading titles. Honestly, it's just a dirty trick to title your thread one thing but want to discuss something else. You won't gain many friends here that way.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

You beat me to it.

Yup - the set / symbols are from their Powerslave album and tour. I saw them on that tour - great show. I think I still have a T-shirt from it somewhere if Mrs. Frogs hasn't tossed it by now. As you say, the entire album and tour heavily featured ancient Egyptian themes and symbols.

For what its worth - the title track "Powerslave" (from what I remember) was basically about a pharaoh who was trying to reconcile the fact that although he was worshiped like a god - he was going to die like any other man.

Another note from the album - I always had to give Maiden some major credit for putting "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" to music and sticking it on that album - all 13plus mins of it. It actually was one my favorites from that album.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I love Maiden, I have toured with them in Europe a few times and they are complete gentleman and pioneers in the metal scene. I don't believe that they are devil worshipers. And even if they were, who cares? I'd still listen to them.
Why is worshiping the devil so bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

That kind of brings up a good point, Cluckerspud. The only reason we have to believe the devil is bad is because a book that's been changed over and over and over says so. I have never seen the devil proven to be "evil" without somebody going back to the bible (funny, it's the same exact situation with god.)

Desolo, whether you like it or not you connected Iron Maiden and Devil Worshippers in your thread title, so people will discuss it in the thread. If you don't want that to happen, title your thread appropriately.

Edit: By the way Desolo, I'm pretty sure calling somebody a retard is against T&C. And please, your grammar makes it extremely difficult to understand what you're trying to say sometimes. It's simple courtesy to express yourself well.
edit on 7-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge that Bruce Dickinson was into the occult and Aleister Crowley. I remember reading somewhere that the band asked him to tone down his occult lyrics at one point because they were being called 'Devil Worshipers' and getting bad press, although i couldn't verify that now. Bruce also wrote a screenplay for Chemical Wedding, a movie about the reincarnation of Crowley.

He's a historian with vast knowledge of occult practices from all eras. When you're in a metal band, writing about good vs evil, then you're going to write lyrics about the occult and satan and stuff. Otherwise you'd be a christian rock band and that's so not cool.

The drummer, Nicko McBrain, is actually a devout Christian.

Cracking Through a Heart of Iron

So no. They are definitely NOT devil worshipers.

edit on 7-2-2011 by Nammu because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Iron Maiden is my least favourite band,in the metal scene.I won't express my opinion about them,but for a change i will take their side.
In heavy metal music the bands don't need subliminal messages,they say out loud what they want to say.

As for the use of certain symbols(the eye of Horus,the pyramid etc) they are ancient symbols that since the "Powerslave" album they use in regular bases.

Now because the "NWO" or the Illuminati are using the same symbols doesn't mean that we must ban them from our lives and everything with such symbols belong to the "bad guys".It's the same things with the nazis and the swastika.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It doesn't matter to me. I will be seeing them live at the Bank Atlantic Center in April! I can't wait!
edit on 7-2-2011 by TorqueyThePig because: I am dumb.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
NWO sells, why wouldn't metal bands capitalize on such things?

Ozzy bit the head off a dove and became one of the most popular figures in rock for decades and will live on long after he's dead. It's all about marketing and profit... look at all the people singing about this stuff and look at all the attention they're getting. I'm sure most of them don't have any idea of what it even means.

Corporate rock and major labels are dying, soon they'll be dinosaurs so it doesn't even matter anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes!!! Maiden in the Morning, controversy goes great with coffee!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Any chance for a bit of Iron Maiden

Anyways, it was a tour based on an older, infamously gruelling tour (World Slavery) supporting an Egyptian-themed (and fantastic!) album called Powerslave. The Maiden boys couldn't be any more blatantly hijacking known occult symbolism to create a theme, have a laugh, and create a wonderful set of images and imagery to go with their awesome music.

Just a shame that Davey's lost that 'spark' he had back in the early days, it's pretty much just H (Adrian) holding up the band solo-wise, moving forward with his technique and solos... I just *wish*,

And, if you want more symbolism, I suggest you all check out Bruce's solo album The Chemical Wedding, based upon William Blake's works - very dark and brooding. Possibly the best metal album of the 90's, and it has Adrian on it!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

it was a bat, not a dove, a bat!!! he thought it was a fake but turned out to be real. happen jan20 1982 now that is something to chew on.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
In order to gain fame for churning out such consistantly unlistenable rackets, they indeed may have had to sell their souls to the Devil.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
In order to gain fame for churning out such consistantly unlistenable rackets, they indeed may have had to sell their souls to the Devil.

And what would you call "listenable"? I suppose you'll probably say something from modern music and I'll just have to laugh. Having an opinion that you don't like it is fine, but if that's the case just say so. No need to be belligerent.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't see how iron maiden singing about the devil makes them devil worshipers.
I love Iron Maiden,but before i had really listened to any other there songs i thought the same.
Sure they might sing about death,the devil and hell ect but it doesn't make them bad people or devil worshipers.
They sing about lots of stuff and some of it is really uplifting and positive but they also sing about bad stuff that happens all over the world but doesn't mean they like it!Just pointing out that it happens and that we as humans can overcome.
I think in a couple of there last albums they have screwed the nut on that kinda stuff.
If you were to sit down and listen to there last couple of albums you would be surprised how tame they are.
Also i think the drummer is very religious and prays as often as he can,again just because they sing about the devil and evil doesn't make them so.

- end of the world 2012
- the main singer sings about god ,his music sounds completely unrecognisible from other maiden songs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join