It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elinin Will Cause Pole Shift March 15th -Is THIS What The A.J Show Caller Was Talking About?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by joscarfas

Thanks for posting.

Here is a link to 2005 YU55 and its close pass on 11/08/2011: echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'm not sure why it was removed from risk list on 04/22/2010, the link above from jpl states that this Asteroid is 400 meters in diameter thats like 1,200 feet round.

Due to its size and proximity to Earth, the Minor Planet Center has
designated 2005 YU55 as a "Potentially Hazardous Asteroid."
edit on 9-2-2011 by HD38529 because: ...Minor Planet Center designation

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tigermoff

There seems to be quite a bit of talk about the size of this comet. I read in this thread, I believe, that because this comet is believed to be smaller than Hale-Bopp (approx. 40 Kilometers in diameter) that it is going to be nothing more than a spectacular celestial show.
"Big things come in small packages." Which I thought meant that it is not entirely about the size of an object, but the density of an object. (Diamond vs. Boulder = Diamond)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

People here and those "afraid" of what this "comet" might do to Earth need to pay attention to this particular sentence in the article: "not at all threatening to us."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HD38529

That's in total contradiction to what Earth Defense says.... Earth Defense... Just after the 2nd paragraph.
I would assume if different sites have the same .AU calculations, they'd come up with the same conclusion...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dmonix

The only thing I would worry about is if their calculations are off, AND the comet is big/dense enough to get sucked in our gravity well...then I would be worried..other than that I dont see how it could affect the Earth

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this -- it's very likely...
... but a Pole Shift can happen -- it has happened in the past.

But to say that some Comet will shift it? Maybe if it were the size of the moon.

>> How bad at science and nutty do you have to be to believe this feeble-minded tripe? Seriously. I'm not trying to be "close minded" -- but, how could a Comet generate enough gravity/magnetism/rainbow-fairy-dust to change the magnetic field of the earth? This is the same sort of thing that makes people think that the position of Jupiter has some influence on a child born on the planet -- there is more FORCE on your body from the car parked outside than there is by Jupiter on your body.

The EARTH can be effected by Jupiter -- but NOT by a Comet (unless hit). A Comet's principle force is kinetic.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I dunno man, I just can't believe someone with that much crapware toolbars in their IE.

Maybe a yahoo bar, but 4? na I'll pass

edit on 10-2-2011 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I don't understand it either. Like, is everyone stupid? Or is it me? Since when did a comet have any affect on the Earth? And what about when hailey's comet, or whatever it was called went by in the 90's. Everyone could see it from earth, I remember looking at it. It was amazing to see. However, I don't seem to recall a pole shift. I think I'd have remembered something like that. So can anyone tell me, anyone at all, tell me what makes this comet so special. What is it that makes this comet different from any other comet that's ever come near the Earth? What am I missing?

A comet is not a planet last time I checked.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My gut feeling is that the whole pole shift thing is just a diversion for something Big Brother has planned or perhaps will be used as a scapegoat for direct government initiated events. I just find it hard to believe that every single scientist on the planet could be so mum about it if it were anything else. The government however...well theyre pretty good about keeping secrets.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HD38529

NOW HERE IS THE TRUTH !!!!!!

Near-Earth asteroid 2005 YU55 was "imaged" by the Arecibo Radar Telescope in Puerto Rico on April 19. Data collected during Arecibo's observation of 2005 YU55 allowed the Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory to refine the space rock's orbit, allowing scientists to rule out any possibility of an Earth impact for the next 100 years.

"At one time we had classified 2005 YU55 as a potential threat," said Steve Chesley, a scientist at JPL's Near-Earth Object Program Office. Prior to the Arecibo radar passes on April 19 thru 21, we had eliminated almost all upcoming Earth flybys as possibilities of impact. But there were a few that had a low remaining probability of impact. After incorporating the data from Arecibo, we were able to rule impacts out entirely for the next 100 years."

LINK JPL NASA
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ELENIN is nibiru?. Im a new here in ATS. I started to investigate conspiracy theories last year.

Trying to connect the dots of FEMA camps, Chemtrails, 9/11, Underground bunkers.

Then i found the youtube video of the supposed to be ex Area 51 worker that called to Art Bell, I think many of you have seen the video and debunked it many times. www.youtube.com...

This caller just now makes so much sense. Goverment covering up a poleshift and wanting to wipe out big cities and populated areas for its easyer to controll people.

Now a second caller to Alex Jones.

FEMA buying food and blankets and bodybags. It all makes perfect sense. Maybe nothing happens on March 15 and i really really hope nothing happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kelmi

Elinin is NOT Nibiru, People need to learn milo meters, meters, and kilo meters. One Kilometer is less than a mile. Meter is less than a foot, milometers is less than and inch.

Read the TRUTH People;

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

NASA sent a Probe in 2008 to meet up with the largest asteroid and a brown dwarf, 3 billion light years from earth.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A meter is not a shorter distance than a foot.

I do find it rather curious that the Lungold Mayan Step Calendar theory has the final, universal stage beginning tomorrow, 11th Feb, and ending at the end of October, and here we have a comet we hadn't noticed until recently that will be circling the Earth, with it's closest points being at the start and end of that period.

Not really worth getting excited about, but certainly something worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

It was discovered 6 years ago. It has been ploted and taken off the "Threat Risk" site because it is NO LONGER A THREAT.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I just can't wait to come back next week and laugh at all the people who were scurrying around this site, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!" haha

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I just read your reply, and thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Meter is much longer than a foot, and it is not milometer its millimeter, 1/1000th of a meter, 1/10th of a centimeter

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

there's nothing there regarding March 15. Am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I believe this is the woman whose face is on the video actually discussing said video
laura-knight-jadczyk.blogspot.com...

edit on 10-2-2011 by Elohimsciences because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Click on the date button and change it to March 15.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join