It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How NOT to reply to a thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lately I've been noticing a trend with negative responses to threads that add no value. I'm glad people have their opinions, but do me a favor "bro," and don't post a comment to the effect of "nothing to see here," or "everyone knows that already," or "move along!"

If you want to attack someone, then do it the proper way, and just call them out. Send them a U2U explaining your feelings, or create a thread with a counter arguement.

Infact, do you want to face the v1rtu0s0 mono e mono??? Come at me bro!

Do you want to debate me?

Want to discuss a more efficient way to solve Fermat's Last Theorem?

So in conclusion, if you want to say something negative that adds no value to a thread, hold that thought...

edit on 6-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)[/editby

extra DIV

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
you talkin to me????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e624e703f1af.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, should be moved to the Rant forum...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

haha! star for that! seriously....that's funny! ....nothing more to see here...move along.....move along people!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I completely agree with you, bro. (ha) As a new member and poster, sometimes the negativity can be a bit intimidating and keep folks on the sidelines. If someone has posted something that is already on the board or replied in a way that is unacceptable, they need to be told that in a polite/straight-forward/professional way. I've been a lurker for a while, but have also noticed the increase in popularity of the negative one-liners. Just my thoughts...

VB

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Dude....
EVERYbody knows this already... we've heard it all.. dude...
LOL
I'm in total agreement with you! It takes so much time go skim through all of those "witty" one-liners to get to the interesting comments from people who are actually interested in what's going on!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
S&F for the roidhead kitty.

What I hate is when someone starts a thread about something that is "supposed" to be real and seems important. (I say that lightly and what I mean is up until the time it gets debunked) and I am trying to find out what's going on and then someone comes in a goes off on a some tangent story telling adventure and I have to read the whole thing before I know whether or not it's going to tell me something important.

Oh wait... that's me that does that.

nmd.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just wanted to post a post with no value.lol

I am disappointed with the Half Time commercials.

I love reading rants.

I agree OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
What I hate is when someone starts a thread about something that is "supposed" to be real and seems important. (I say that lightly and what I mean is up until the time it gets debunked) and I am trying to find out what's going on and then someone comes in a goes off on a some tangent story telling adventure and I have to read the whole thing before I know whether or not it's going to tell me something important.

I am guilty of going off on tangents. However, I make sure they supplement the topic and I believe when doing this, it is best to clearly present that before doing so. Therefore, not to waste anyone's time.

As far as being negative towards someone else, who has the time? Think of all the back and forth that goes on in some of these posts, often bringing down the positive mood of a thread. I guess everybody has a right to post whatever they want, but I often leave a post if there is too much negativity or if I see a post has been seriously hijacked.

My 2 cents.

After I posted this, I had the following thought. Some say that things are going to get pretty hairy from here to 2012. If that is true, we could see more and more people coming here for answers or asking questions. Chances are that the negativity could spike here and there. So, I don't expect it to change. However, I think this post is critical and should be reinforced from time to time to assist people in keeping things in check. I guess it's like the cocky personality people often get when behind the wheel of a car (that is, until they are asked to step out of the car). Behind the computer, I guess people can adopt the same attitude.
edit on 6-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I N C R E D I D I D I B B B U L

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I agree with you v1rtu0s0, I just have one little correction to make.

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

It's "mano a mano" (hand to hand), "mono e mono" means "monkey e monkey".
I hope this doesn't count as a negative post, I'm not attacking you, it's just constructive criticism.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i would never! im too nice for that ...
as i hope you already know that .

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So you wish to challenge the v1rtu0s0??

Originally posted by Casandra

I hope this doesn't count as a negative post, I'm not attacking you, it's just constructive criticism.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am being forced to post here. Please don't take this as a challenge.The gun against my big toe is very cold!!!!!!Please help.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I am being forced to post here. Please don't take this as a challenge.The gun against my big toe is very cold!!!!!!Please help.

how can i help if i dont know whos forcing you at gun point to post here......

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's the aliens

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

So you wish to challenge the v1rtu0s0??

Originally posted by Casandra

It's not a challenge, just a correction. I didn't attack you, call you names, or said anything that could be considered negative. I was just explaining what the mistake was.

top topics

join