It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Programs Disclosure: Shades of Gray

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

show me that there could indeed be two other space programmes that are top secret

I cant vouch for any "above top secret" space agencies, but two of the three are in fact true and not a secret at all.

NASA

AFSPC

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
.I worked in AF Space Command for 7 years, with a TS-SCI clearance and never heard anyone mention anything about secret astronauts. Not saying it isnt true, but in my experience I dont think it is....

Hey Pokey. Welcome aboard.

The secret astronauts aren't so secret anymore: ASTROSPIES (pbs)

Contractors have capability. They create capability. They test capability. Then, the gov't gets capability.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well with your experience I would have thought that, 'older' members of the forum would know better than to judge someones intelligence or knowledge through a date. Also being veteran members of the forum, surely you would know as well as I, that not everyone on this site shares their real personal information for obvious reasons.

I hope younger members opinions and views aren't just cast aside with patronising comments by the 'veterans' who are so clued up. That would be disastrous as I'm sure our juniors can have a big impact on their future and our childrens future because we all know that it is our generation who seem to have got our planet and society into such a mess. Maybe with views like some of yours. Surely you don't need a discussion forum if you are right all of the time.

Clearly there is no room for a progressive young generation. Im finding that quite clear. Common sense doesn't seem to prevail anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
The reason I questioned the comment made previous to my first post is that Nick Pope recently penned a fictional book that was based on the things he saw and investigated when working for the british MOD. He had to have this book cleared by the MOD before release even though this was a fictional creation.

Nothing to do with your age mate, but you really do need to do some research. Nick Pope is either badly informed or a liar on behalf of the British Ministry of Defence. Either way, if you want the facts about official secrets, you are right to go to unofficial sources...
edit on 8/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

Oh yes, and I like your attitude. My guess is none of us has the full picture. And I'm not as ol as a lot of these guys

edit on 8/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

If the govt dont let it get published though thats like admiting that its true, otherwise why would they be so defensive? This way they can just act like its some sensationalist bs for some author to make some money. Not everyone in the publishing business is involved in cover ups as well! So this means they need a real ligitimate reason to stop it being published and then the author would use this to their advantage to boost publicity which would mean that eventually it would be published anyway with any 'dangerous' parts removed which would just make the rest even more convincing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

What gets me interested is the caliber of the author.

According to the US Navy, Dr. Temple is still active as of February 6th, 2009 with NRO: GNS Awards.

I believe that his book is substantially correct. I also agree that it is amazing it ever got in print.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
reply to post by Exuberant1

Surely the point in something being, 'Above Top Secret', is that it is above top secret and not put in a book available to the public and randomly discussed in a forum that can be seen by millions. Because then it isn't above top secret. Im struggling to understand why people can't grasp this.

When I think of "Above Top Secret" I think along the lines of what is in the works, in a conspiratorial sense, rather than a well-documented plan or scientific operation with worthy foundation and legitimate financing.
edit on 9-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smthngmssnghr
When I think of "Above Top Secret" I think along the lines of what is in the works, in a conspiratorial sense, rather than a well-documented plan or scientific operation with worthy foundation and legitimate financing.

Well, the historical operations we are discussing are the result of a well-documented plan from the 1950's-1960's, they represent the most scientific operations ever undertaken by Mankind, with the worthy foundation of the continuity of the human race both on and off planet- and with (erm, cough) US gov't financing...

See TD Barnes for a very subtle HINT about the depth and breadth of the Old School program. Now, either the human race in general and the American gov't in particular just rolled up and quit...

Or there is More to the story...

edit on 13-2-2011 by Chakotay because: Some of this stuff remains CLASSIFIED to this day...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
NASA has been doing tonnes of DoD missions since they have been putting the shuttle in space and before. Several missions have just been for the DoD and others have had classified payloads on them.

I have always believed that there is other classified space programs that we will never know about. there are just so many places around the world to launch things from that the general public would ever know about.

With things like this.....

www.aerospace-technology.com...

launching stuff and people in secret isn't much of an issue.
edit on 13-2-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
"above top secret" space agencies,

Tell all books

There are a few reasons the government allows things to become public.

One is the other side already know what is going on. more then even the US public knows.

Another is it cost way to much but the other side does not know this. Star Wars Missile Defence was this type program. The full program would have cost to much but for the other side the cost to defeat it was imposable to match. because of this the other side gave up.

The last one is the project is imposable.(in the next 50 to 100 years at least)
These imposable projects cost a lot of money to the other side in spying and in-place agents, plus a lot of scientific research just to find they are imposable.
Plus they make good spy trap bait.

Right now the other side is likely going nuts over the unmaned military shuttle that just returned.
is it a spy platform, a weapons delivery system?????????????????

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

All of the above, ANNED- and so much more.

The X-37b is a truck. With cruise control. And imagine what can go in that seven ft. by four ft. pickup truck bed.

Two astronauts in MMU suits? Freeze dried ice cream by the ton? O2 and water for resupply?

Parts for on-orbit construction projects?

And it all fits under the same plain jane pickup topper we've seen so many times before:

edit on 15-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well we know that the Military,specifically the AF and Navy have had an amazing space programme budget from the late 50's until the 70's from all accounts of declassified fiscal reports,etc....
In fact the Militarys space budget was much larger and inclusive than previously thought as more documents are released.
Either the Military has been shooting gold off into space for kicks or there is some serious hardware and facilities at work joe public has No clue about.
And for those that say you cant hide space launches I say please remove your head from the sand.
We have had floating launch ships,vehicles for years as well as plenty of remote military atolls and a slew of remote US bases that could easily conceal certain operations.
Hundreds and hundreds of Trillions of dollars folks........all on a Space program that can only deliver(so they say) satellites...
and seems uninterested in the moon or advancement in propulsion other than rocketry..........
Makes you wonder......

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VType

The Moon is a story unto itself:

Frequentely Asked Questions - Elvis Presley's Military Career

I kid you not- that is an official Army history page. Air Force had a similar project called LUNEX.

I like this propulsion concept: Mini-Magnetospheric Plasma Propulsion (M2P2)

edit on 17-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I worked in AF Space Command for 7 years, with a TS-SCI clearance and never heard anyone mention anything about secret astronauts.

The "C" in that clearance is a real kicker, isn't it.

reply to post by Chakotay

Thanks for the interesting thread. Haven't come across that book before; so I might have to make a special trip to the library soon. Ben Rich's book "Skunk Works" is a great read, and I get the feeling that this will be of a similar vein.

Thanks again for the heads up

edit on 2/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Thanks, Redmage.

Here's something new in the field of Earth-to-Orbit engineering:

United States Patent US7614586 Method of traveling to Earth's orbit using lighter than air vehicles.

When you look at the Patent, there is an illustration that is an exact match for the Phoenix Lights UFO.

Patent filed date is 2006. Phoenix Lights was 1997. Art imitating life, or disclosure?

There is a website associated with the patent's address: JP Aerospace.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The patent is quite undetailed for a serious study.

It may be authentic (somebody actually recently having this idea), but one has to consider the possibility that the filing of the patent itself is possibly an intentional cover project.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
reply to post by redmage

Thanks, Redmage.

Here's something new in the field of Earth-to-Orbit engineering:

United States Patent US7614586 Method of traveling to Earth's orbit using lighter than air vehicles.

When you look at the Patent, there is an illustration that is an exact match for the Phoenix Lights UFO.

Patent filed date is 2006. Phoenix Lights was 1997. Art imitating life, or disclosure?

There is a website associated with the patent's address: JP Aerospace.

Good catch! Has this been covered in ATS before?
This is the first time I have come across this information. Consider my mind blown!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thanks, guys...

I've never seen this LTAV company discussed, too bad Jesse Ventura didn't catch it and interview them on his Phoenix Lights episode. The patents are vague; that can be to protect proprietary info, or they are 'imitating' the Phoenix Lights tech.

I've found some other new info on the North American X-15 that point to the Blackstar XOV Program:

Marquardt RAMJET X-15 XOV

edit on 20-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Happy Birthday to the President of the United States,
President George Washington
In Remebrance of Valley Forge:
The Greatest Space Center to Date in the History of the US

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This one is for Zorgon. I worked at Fairchild-Hiller, and know about "that" Pegasus Program.

But there is another one, from Bono:
Pegasus VTOVL

Original 1964 Patent HERE.

There is more than one way to orbit...

edit on 22-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join