It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Programs Disclosure: Shades of Gray

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Shades of Gray

by L. Parker Temple
Publisher: American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (1995)

This insider book has been in print for 16 years, but I haven't seen any discussion of it here on ATS.

The author discusses the existence of three separate space programs in the US: one public (NASA), one military, and one Above Top Secret.

I want to post this on ATS because of Dr. Temple's credentials:

Dr. Temple has worked in the military space program since 1976. He was a member of the Air Force Office of Space Plans and Policy in the 1980s and a speech writer for Air Force Secretary Edward C. Pete Aldridge. He holds a Ph.D. in science and technology policy from The George Washington University. Dr. Temple is currently program manager of orbital systems for BTG, Inc.

This man is an insider, and his book confirms what many ATS'ers believe: that NASA is a front operation whose purpose is the screening of a massive secret space force:

"The nation now had three space programs. NASA would be out in front, capturing public attention. The other two programs would lack public acknowledgement for more than thirty years to come." p.282

The title, Shades of Gray, will raise a few eyebrows here on ATS.

edit on 6-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

"The nation now had three space programs. NASA would be out in front, capturing public attention. The other two programs would lack public acknowledgement for more than thirty years to come." p.282

hi - could you please quote the paragraph preceeding and following this sentence - i want to see some context

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You should buy the book.

And at least thank the OP for bring this to your attention before you issue your demands.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I dont think this book would have ever gotten to publishing if this was true...are the gov that sloppy?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
...are the gov that sloppy?

For the most part 'the gov' are made up of people who couldn't hack it on the private market.

As long as the author isn't publishing things which are an actual danger to the nation, then it is likely nothing will be done.

Chances are if some author writes about a thing, then the nation's with halfway competent spies and intelligence apparatus already know about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'd have to say that if the government had such organisations, they wouldn't let people release books when they are trying to keep them, 'Above Top Secret', wouldn't make any sense and woulddefeat the object of having such an organisation.

Come on people, were really not that stupid are we?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

Why do you think you are stupid?

Your idea is a view held by many people who are young and or not well-researched.

There is no shame in that.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

And that is supposed to mean..?

Sorry, I fail to see your point on my age. Are you the all knowing because you are old?

Surely the point in something being, 'Above Top Secret', is that it is above top secret and not put in a book available to the public and randomly discussed in a forum that can be seen by millions. Because then it isn't above top secret. Im struggling to understand why people can't grasp this.

The majority of things on this sort of subject is complete and utter BS, so I will go on my young and not so well researched instinct and say BS.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

so I will go on my young and not so well researched instinct and say BS.

Well not much comment needed on that line then..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Very mature.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Very mature.

I highly doubt it..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You seem to mock me for being young and apparently being un-researched because of the comment i made about a highly top secret organisation actually not being highly top secret if books are being released about it.

You said unresearched, that maybe so. I was wondering if you could show me something you have found yourself to show me that there could indeed be two other space programmes that are top secret other than another crazy old man with wild allegations which in my young mind is much more plausible.

The reason I questioned the comment made previous to my first post is that Nick Pope recently penned a fictional book that was based on the things he saw and investigated when working for the british MOD. He had to have this book cleared by the MOD before release even though this was a fictional creation. So my theory is that if he cannot release a fictional book based on things that he saw while working for the government, then why would any government let somebody else release a book which apparently contains, 'Above Top Secret' fact?

Could you offer a counter argument? Or is that too much to ask of an old man?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
I dont think this book would have ever gotten to publishing if this was true...are the gov that sloppy?

Part of the game is to provide truth amongst the lies. So truth is there and they laugh at us that we don't see (or believe) it.

They just don't review the truth on the evening news. That's as secret as it has to be.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And that is supposed to mean..?

Sorry, I fail to see your point on my age. Are you the all knowing because you are old?

Surely the point in something being, 'Above Top Secret', is that it is above top secret and not put in a book available to the public and randomly discussed in a forum that can be seen by millions. Because then it isn't above top secret. Im struggling to understand why people can't grasp this.

The majority of things on this sort of subject is complete and utter BS, so I will go on my young and not so well researched instinct and say BS.

Plausible deniability, they can always say "Hey don't bother us with your bedtime stories, you read that in a book" and the gullible will believe it.

Like you,

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

The older you grow, the more you know? The Mind is a terrible thing to taste, oh sweet Paranoia.
But, being paranoid dosen`t mean they dont follow you.
The long history of altering Perception of (engineered) reality is... well long, the elder will tell you.

Space is vast enough for many programs, make your choice.
edit on 7-2-2011 by talklikeapirat because: i approve this message

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
in plain sight.

half the people won't believe it anyway and everyone will be tied up

in all the stuff we are doing right now, right here.

zorgon has a few threads about the secret space program and navel space command! lol, space command...

cracks me up.

i don't doubt it, just think the name is hokey.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by ignorant_ape

"hi - could you please quote the paragraph preceeding and following this sentence - i want to see some context

You should buy the book.

And at least thank the OP for bring this to your attention before you issue your demands.

Who are you to tell people to buy a book ? He asked a very simple request .

Now im curious too i want to see the context and following sentences .

Buy the book for what ? to be dissapointed ? from our original doubts ? that we could've avoided if we had j ust got a little more context ?

no thanks .

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Now im curious too i want to see the context and following sentences .

Hi Chucky et al

I've been asleep and to work and back since my first post on the thread last night.

Welcome to all, young AND old. And accept my thanks to everyone who has posted on the thread. It's not a thread to sell books, but to investigate this particular book. I put a link in the first post, but it might not be too visible so here it is again:

Read Excerpts from SHADES OF GRAY on Google Books FOR FREE

You can go read the context of the quote at that link. You don't have to buy the book.

I'm not new to ATS, but for those who haven't known me for long I will let you know that I am a rotary wing instructor, and former contractor employee at the Rotorcraft Directorate, National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I won't discuss anything I am under orders not to discuss (just as some have already pointed out that the author of the book didn't disclose anything he was not ALLOWED to disclose).

The important points of the thread are:

1. From the begginning of the space age, there were three american space agencies.
  2. The public space agency, NASA, was a cover operation for:
  3. The military space program, and:
  4. The national intelligence space program.
  5. This situation lasted until at least the end of the tenure of the author of this book (1995);
  6. And, the author's last listed employer (BTG, Inc.), if you track it to its operations today, is at the center of some of the most dangerous conspiracies on and off this planet- a trail that leads directly to the tragedies of 9-11-2001.

When I first joined ATS I talked about some of this from experience, but had no sources to back it up. Now I found this book.

Here's a few links that will be useful:

Area 51 Special Projects

Unified Space Vault

The Aero Corporation

I'll keep this thread up for as long as I am able. I'm curious what's up since 1995 (yes, I am an old guy).

Thanks-- and enjoy!!!

edit on 7-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I'd have to say that if the government had such organisations, they wouldn't let people release books when they are trying to keep them, 'Above Top Secret', wouldn't make any sense and woulddefeat the object of having such an organisation.

You kinda just answered your own question. Why would they stop a book nobody buys into? :-)

---

To the OP, star and flag for sure!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What people around here always fail to realize is that when "Space Command" is referred to, its talking about nuclear launches and satellites. They launch and track all sorts of stuff into space, im just not so sure its secret astronauts....I worked in AF Space Command for 7 years, with a TS-SCI clearance and never heard anyone mention anything about secret astronauts.

Not saying it isnt true, but in my experience I dont think it is....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join