It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A search pulled up a load of related threads, but I couldn't find one referring to the video evidence, below...., but this report quoted back in 2006, I believe, gives an exact description of the creature shown in the video

Originally posted by shots

CNN: New Loch Ness Monster Video

www.cnn.com

An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake.

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet (15 meters) long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.

So we're looking for a 'jet black thing, about 45-feet (15 meters) long, moving fairly fast in the water'

As there are no seals it has to be a giant eel. Just has to be.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
oh cool nesses been spotted again ....

i love the history and the myths of this creature whatever it really is ....

nice find .

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Wow! nice footage......but eels swim side to side...not up and down.
S+F for the find!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm from Scotland and I'm going to loch ness next year for a boating holiday, I've never really believed in the monster but that is pretty interesting footage, it really could be anything its a fresh water loch so you could rule out any whales etc. If I see something like that when I go next year I'll jump and catch it honestly...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
So we're looking for a 'jet black thing, about 45-feet (15 meters) long, moving fairly fast in the water'
As there are no seals it has to be a giant eel. Just has to be.

Unless its just Nessie

Doesnt really have to be anything that we have already identified, could just be Nessie.
Nice video though I have not seen that one yet. Thanks for that SnF

As always thank you for contributing to the most underappreciated in the entire site.
The cryptid forum needs more attention everyone!

Remember
YouDidntSeeMe
edit on 6-2-2011 by youdidntseeme because: spelling as usual

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
... it's an eel though, isn't it???

That video may even pre-date the 2006 youtube listing btw.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

lol

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Is'nt this from the mockumentary "Incident at Loch Ness"? I don't think this was ever proven to be real footage.

Incident at Loch Ness is a mockumentary starring, and written by, Werner Herzog and Zak Penn. The small cast film follows Herzog and his crew (Gabriel Beristain, Russell Williams II) while working on the production of an abandoned movie project on the Loch Ness Monster entitled Enigma of Loch Ness. It won the New American Cinema Award at the 2004 Seattle International Film Festival.

Source

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My only complaint it the video cut off. That throws up a flag to me. It does look authentic, but so have many faked video's until you see the rest.
I remain optimistic!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was going to congratulate you but...

In a twist of events, when Herzog and his crew are working on their film, the crew begins to see what appears to truly be the Loch Ness Monster. Herzog and crew become more and more concerned as first the boat's motor fails and then the "monster" appears to be attacking the vessel in a deepening fog. The crew huddles below decks until the monster returns again to ram the boat hard enough to cause it to begin to sink.

...doesn't really fit with the sequence of events in the vid.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Yea I watched the movie a few years ago and it's pretty convincing but then later I read that it was just a script written to appear like it was real. Zak Penn is responsible and with movies like Xmen 1 and 3 under his belt this wouldn't be a problem for them to make it look real. I'm sure they know the right people.

Didn't a guy supposedly die while making this? Can we prove if that guy really died?
edit on 6-2-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes its definately Werner Herzog in the video, hadnt heard of this mockumentary though. I generally quite enjoy his work.

I live very close by and frequently visit the lochside for walks and have seen plenty of logs, weeds, boats and subsequent wakes for quite a surprising distance. Sadly no monsters. For what its worth a friend of my fathers works nearby as a fishing gillie and used to be required to take row boats out on the loch at times. He will no longer do so after an incident in which he saw something very large beneath his boat, something he was in no doubt would have easily capsized him should it have wished and refuses to go out in the water in such a small vessel since.
Another little tidbit of lore to throw into the already murky waters

edit on 6-2-2011 by Beegs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Woohoo lets go fishin !!!!!
Do grenades work in water?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Somehow the comments of the crew are not realistic during the sighting. Looks to me they puling a underwater rope all the way from shore, with something connected to it acting like a monster.

Dont get me wrong I would love to see a Loch Ness creature but this video is fishy.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yea, this is from the movie "Incident at Loch Ness" I watched it a few years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think the first time I watched it I thought it was legit, but then found out it was not.

Cheers
edit on 6-2-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
Somehow the comments of the crew are not realistic during the sighting. Looks to me they puling a underwater rope all the way from shore, with something connected to it acting like a monster.

Dont get me wrong I would love to see a Loch Ness creature but this video is fishy.

I see a boat wake that the object is following in. If you look closely you can see where the water is already disturbed by a boat before the object passes by. I think that this is an object towed by another boat with a 100ft rope or so.

Sorry I want to believe in Nessie, but this vid doesn't do it for me. I could do this on the local lake this summer.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That movement precedes the eel and comes from beneath the surface... it gives you an idea of its length.

m'be not.

That Werner Herzog is associated with it now makes me believe it's a set-up. Thanks.
edit on 6-2-2011 by chocise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Mocumentary, they are all actors.

Nessy is dead. Stay tuned for her offspring.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Is'nt this from the mockumentary "Incident at Loch Ness"? I don't think this was ever proven to be real footage.

Incident at Loch Ness is a mockumentary starring, and written by, Werner Herzog and Zak Penn. The small cast film follows Herzog and his crew (Gabriel Beristain, Russell Williams II) while working on the production of an abandoned movie project on the Loch Ness Monster entitled Enigma of Loch Ness. It won the New American Cinema Award at the 2004 Seattle International Film Festival.

Source

Yeah, this.

As soon as the footage started rolling i knew i'd seen it somewhere before relating to a commercial or something. This was it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Interesting, however, I think calling it "Nessie" maybe jumping to conclusions a bit too fast. It is however something and that video is genuine. There was a lot of confusion and "what is going on" happening there.

What it was? Who knows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join