It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010/2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am going to be getting a new vehicle here in a couple weeks. I'd like to hear the pro's and con's on the Jeep Grand Cherokee, initially I was looking for a newer SRT but only found one with no responses
. I think these vehicles are amazing and would really like to hear some more info from maybe a current owner or someone who knows vehicles.

I want to go with the 4wd v8.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
watch out with chrysler products. QC is terrible, and I'm thinking (if I remember correctly) that resale value is not what it should be.

have you thought about a toyota? maybe a hi-lux?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The cherokee is a good vehicle, If you are buying used and can find one that is manual everything (windows,locks,trasmission) you've got yourself a vehicle that is easily maintained and reliable, but with all the doom around lately you might want to invest in a horse.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Bought a fully loaded 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4 months ago and it's great, now if only I can get the wife to let me drive it more lol.

So far the only thing that was a problem, the front brake pads had to be changed and the rotors needed to be machined, possibly due to oil contamination from the factory. No problem getting it fixed in the first month we had it.

If you are planning on pulling anything, get the 5.7L Hemi (360hp), it realy puts out like a Hemi should. Not sure if it's an option but it came wired for trailer brakes and has a hitch (7200lbs trailer cap. with the Hemi). The only thing that sucked was the extra $1000.00 (Canadian tax grab) "enviromental fee" for the Hemi.

The new 3" wider body with the 2011 makes it feel more spacious inside. The 2010 felt too cramped inside.

Hope this helps you out. We like the Jeep, the wife feels safe in it and I LIKE the Hemi.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't know much about the Cherokee but, have a Ram with the 5.7 Hemi and love that motor. It's the biggest reason I went with a Dodge. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
you seem stuck on the chryslers but have you thought about a ford flex ecoboost?

idk why but i really like them

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Stopped down today at the dealership... love at first sight. I heart the stereo (all I'll need to do is drop the subwoofer/amp in the back and bang. It's got 20 inch rims already haha, real wood finish. So sexy and solid as a rock! 2-3 weeks! I think I found it!

Quadra Lift air suspension up to a max of 10.7 inches from parking @ -2.1 inches I think, so sexy!
5.7L V8 (ehh, will do!)

Blackberry Pearl body!
Olive Ash Wood interior trimming

so much more

new topics

top topics

join