It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina screwed up star spangled banner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Face book lit up with it so I posted

yet another celeb screw-up

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Britanny Spears could have done a much better job messing it up

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: double post

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
not only did she screw up the lyrics, she sounded like an ogre singing it...ill take even money that she has an adams apple

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
hint
big screw up 1:18

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Ya - but She's still hot as hell...

And yes, just another typical american attitude...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

(sigh)

yes you have a point........................but still!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My 10 year old brother was listening to that in my kitchen while it was playing in the living room and he caught it, yet no comment from the announcers lol. Sometimes I think the celebs mess it up on purpose to gain publicity. You know what hollywood says, "bad publicity is better than no publicity" When was the last time you heard Christina's name mentioned for anything, not one time. Still it was hilarious that a 4th grader could correct a celeb who sings for a living

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think it's a disgrace. Then the audience applauds her when she really starts to yell that one note and all is forgiven.

I can't believe nobody boooed or anything. People are so asleep these days it isn't funny. I bet less than 10 people at The Bowl even noticed.

Shower them with Entertainment and you can kill them at the same time and they will all cheer.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
In actuality, Aguilera is far, far more talented than Brittney Spears, and it is a shame that she was "lumped in" with other pop starts of her era, since she continues to perform and sing. Her claim to fame is actual talent and not drama.

That being said, I was appalled at her botching the words to our national anthem. Slightly less disappointed in her vocal performance, which wasn't as horrible as all that. It's really too bad; she could have vindicated herself if she had not butchered the words.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
She's incredible! She has an incredible voice and range. She's an amazing artist.

So, she missed a couple words. Some people are just too thin-skinned.

edit on 2/6/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OMG!!! She really screwed up a few words!!! To a song in which most American people don't know all the words to anyways, when she's got thousands upon thousands, of people around her plus millions on television screaming and watching her every move...really what's the big deal?

Most of you bash the US on here anyways (not that I don't from time to time), you should be pleased when someone messes up our national anthem.

EDIT: She's also an incredibly talented singer, and did a great job with the song vocally.
edit on 2/6/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

I would state in which area's you are talking about talent there fellow ATS member. If you are talking about vocal talent over Britney Spears, then yes you are very certainly correct. If you are speaking of entertainment talent as a whole then you are very certainly wrong.

Britney Spears has sold over 100 million albums, and Christina has sold about 70 million less then that. I have always like Christina Aguilera, but obviously Britney Spears has something that has kept her in the game, and at the top of the charts over OVER a decade now. Her fame, and record smashing talents have turned her into an icon at this stage. With the amount of records she has sold, and broken, and the iconic performances, there is no way that Christina can even be 'lumped' into the same category as Britney Spears as you say. They are completely different acts. One is in demand, and the other isn't.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB

Yes, Christina Aguilera's name has been mentioned ALOT in the past few months, with her movie Burlesque coming out and her being nominated for a Golden Globe, not to mention her seperation with her husband being all over the entertainment news, so YES i've heard her name alot MORE than once

top topics

join