It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NFL sucks at picking talent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was debating whether to watch Super Bowl XVL or not and decided to maybe give it a try.

When Christina Aguilera "sang' the national anthem, I turned the channel. Is there anyone out there that can sing the national anthem properly? She totally screwed it up.

I had to post this bwecause I want to know who else thought the same thing I did.

What is wrong with singing the national anthem properly? It seems like all the entertainers think it's a sin to not to throw in their own rendition of MY national anthem.

It sucked big time. I doubt I'll ever watch NFL again. Piss poor job on picking someone decent NFL!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've never thought the NFL was entertaining at all.

It just reminds me about all the losers that get mad at their friends because they don't like their team.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I thought the performance was phenomenal... spine-tingling... Incredible "balls" to anybody to stand infront of that audience on that stage and sing even "three blind mice".

Regardless, 4.5 star performance... Sorry it wasn't sang the way you first heard it and are the most comfortable with. (Because I am in the music field, and she hit all of the correct notes ..and then some...(unneccessary yes)..sadly not the correct lyrics.)

Could've been a star or a star and a half better

I should add I don't care about footaball... I'm merely watching because the rest of the world is... which makes it interesting. My FB status is "Go Pitsburgh Packers Go!!"

edit on 6-2-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

She's in the entertainment industry and she's used to crowds. There is no way you can say that she was nervous. She was in her element.

I beg to differ about she hitting all the correct notes. Her rendition was only vaguely recognizable as the national anthem. There isn't anyway anyone can tell me she's incapable of singing it properly...or then maybe she is incapable.

Her rendition made me sick and there will probably be some fallout over her performance.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Her rendition made me sick and there will probably be some fallout over her performance.

nah to be honest I think people are going to forget about her and more people will complain about the black eyed peas and their "show" that was bad. I wasn't watching the superbowl but my dad was in the living room watching it and I heard sweet child o mine and I swear it sounded like a goat was singing it.

top topics

join