It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery is a BOOMING business in America and the top 100 companies are all over it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own

Wonder why you cant find a job.....its not just outsourcing, Many of the top companies in the USA are using convict labor and paying them from 0 to 40 CENTS an hour. This could explain the 2.2 MILLION people and 7.8 MILLION people on parole in the USA.....why pay someone 10$ an hour when you can get him convicted on a trumped up chared and pay him 17 cents an hour to do the same job? The State makes millions, the company makes millions and the convict......room and board.....just like the old days.

One of the biggest hypocrites is JC penny....who proudly proclaims it doesnt use convict labor in OTHER countrys....I guess its ok to do it here

This link shows how they pay the prisoners 17 cents an hour in some cases the following is a pert of the article in the link
www.globalresearch.ca...

At least 37 states have legalized the contracting of prison labor by private corporations that mount their operations inside state prisons. The list of such companies contains the cream of U.S. corporate society: IBM, Boeing, Motorola, Microsoft, AT&T, Wireless, Texas Instrument, Dell, Compaq, Honeywell, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel, Lucent Technologies, 3Com, Intel, Northern Telecom, TWA, Nordstrom's, Revlon, Macy's, Pierre Cardin, Target Stores, and many more. All of these businesses are excited about the economic boom generation by prison labor. Just between 1980 and 1994, profits went up from $392 million to $1.31 billion. Inmates in state penitentiaries generally receive the minimum wage for their work, but not all; in Colorado, they get about $2 per hour, well under the minimum. And in privately-run prisons, they receive as little as 17 cents per hour for a maximum of six hours a day, the equivalent of $20 per month. The highest-paying private prison is CCA in Tennessee, where prisoners receive 50 cents per hour for what they call "highly skilled positions." At those rates, it is no surprise that inmates find the pay in federal prisons to be very generous. There, they can earn $1.25 an hour and work eight hours a day, and sometimes overtime. They can send home $200-$300 per month.

Here is a Youtube link too

www.youtube.com...

Here is more including JC penny

blogs.alternet.org...

Major corporations, the best known being BP, Dell, TWA, Compaq, J.C. Penny, Best Western Hotels, Honda, Chevron, IBM, Microsoft, Victoria’s Secret, and Boeing, who save on labor costs by employing cheap prison labor (0 to $1.50 per hour – the average is 40 cents) – which turns out to be far cheaper than outsourcing overseas – especially with rising labor costs in economic boom countries like India and China.

To be even more of a hypocrite JC penny Vows to not invest in FORGIEN prison labor here.....

www1.umn.edu...

Manufacturer's Certificate. To emphasize its insistence on accurate country-of -origin labeling and its particular abhorrence of the use of prison labor and illegal child labor, JCPenney requires that its foreign suppliers and its U.S. suppliers of imported merchandise, for each shipment of foreign-produced merchandise, obtain a manufacturer's certificate that the merchandise was manufactured at a specified factory, identified by name, location and country, and the neither convict labor, forced labor or indentured labor, nor illegal child labor, was employed in the manufacture of the merchandise.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Interesting but you need to edit your links!

On your original post, click edit, then click LINK (above the box you're typing in) for all the non-video links that you want to do and follow the directions. With the youtube video, click on VID: Youtube then type in the NUMBER of the address after the equal sign. Example. www.youtube.com... this is the number for a particular video = 7kVCkcyFhpA&feature=feedu
edit on 6-2-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
Interesting but you need to edit your links!

I dont know how

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The first time I have read anything or this or even thought of it for a long time. Anything corporations can do to save a penny they will do - do they not realize in the long run they are just kicking theirselves. The buyers of the products are those that have jobs with regular wages - not prisoners, or am I not seeing this in the right light? So many company's have gone to temp hiring - they don't have to pay for sick days, holidays, insurance, pensions but no one ends up with a stable job and income. Bring back the old days - you got a job with some benefits, you were paid fairly and belonged to the team of the company. And believe or not all this happened in the good ole USA.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Lastrebel

I think this is important information for people to realize. I do not think it is that well known. I certainly wasn't aware of it before you posted this on my thread "Justice Courts Gone Wild"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have also tried to show the connection of this Beast System to the occult Ba'al worship that the planet is under. Ba'al is pronounced as "bail". People have freely pledged themselves to serve this System by giving themselves, body and labor, in exchange for privileges in this system. This pledge of self as collateral is known as "bailment" and it's on all contracts in the fine print.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
it's a very corrupt system, but what isn't in america. there are a million things wrong with this.

one, it breeds corruption. judges, prosecutors etc. can be bought with campaign contributions to supply a steady stream of labourers to fill in vacancies and keep production going.

two, a crime that would have netted you probation or a fine, now would get you prison time by a bought judge.
if precedents sets a jail term, such of possession of marijuana, of 1-6 months the same charge now gets you 1-2 years.

three, there could be undue pressure on judges, cops and prosecutors to keep the prison system full. judges, cops and prosecutors who aren't doing enough could find themselves out of jobs.

four, it could keep a prisoner in the system longer. a nonviolent drug offender, if he refuses work could be denied parole at his hearing. they could use his refusal to work as an excuse and claim that he is resisting efforts at rehabilitation.

this is more of a forced labor camp than slavery.

edit on 6-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Crminal justice system in US has unfortunately turned into criminal business system. "Dopeheads" especially make a fine slave to this system.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Yes this has been going on for a long time, and business is business. Rememberer kids stay away from the good and the just, and there judiciary system, for they are anything but good or just. SaF.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It seems like it would be at BEST a conflict of interest for the state to be determining how the slave stays a slave.

There are SOOOOOOOOOOO many things wrong with this.....but it does put to lie that the Civil War was over slavery....it just made it an equal opportunity employer

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I agree that almost waggles labor is being used in the USA. Not just in the past few years either. I just took a day trip to the Eastern State Penitentiary today and learned a lot on this topic. Since about 1840 Philadelphia was using inmates and there skills for very cheap labor. The neighboring merchants got fed up with the cheap merchandise and went to the government and said it was unfair to the citizens. The government then said that all convict made merchandise must have a big patch on it saying " Convict Made ". This made the merchandise unwanted and considered tacky. The local Merchants then were happy and once again successful with there occupation. I have no negative nor positive opinion on this topic but it is a way to give convicts something to do. Just that its made by convicted citizens doesn't mean its crappy. They were either taught a skill or already new a skill and that is what they would do.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Every word is true... every word...

Lets say after a few more battles I will share...

I advised a friend to have his lawyer tell the prosecutor he would take 5 years deferred adjudacation and pay the court fines...

Or if the option was not taken right there, not guilty triaal by jury with a motion for a speedy trial... And guess what happened...

his court appointed attorney was shocked...

His opening salvo included telling the ca he would do what he was told quiet loudly in front of the judge... the judge wanted to know what the issue was...

My friend told the judge that the ca was not following his instrunctions and that he would consider the DA offer of five years....

That set off a round of court room chatter... (my friend had a note from an ear injury and was playing deaf...
I had nothing to do with this
)

He played them hard... he got six years for XXXXXXXXXX and is still free. the judge told the da to just take it... he is working two jobs, paying child support, and is not behind... take his mony as punishment....

gotta love texas...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am trying to get a list of all the company's so I can boycott their products and suggest everyone else to do it also....this is a disgrace

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am bumping this

I must admit I am suprised at the lack of concern over this. I guess slavery is only bad when its in the past or in another country

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is a self perpertrating machine, the companys close down the factorys and use convict labor which reduces their costs greatly, those who lost their jobs turn to theft or dealing drugs to feed their families which allows the government to take everything they own and send them to prison......so they are back doing their same job but at 17 cents an hour instead of 17$. Its a no brainer for the courts, prisons and corperations.....the only loser is the newly enslaved.....and their families......and society

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We are all slaves to someone. Be honest with yourself
We are all slaves to our jobs, the man, the government who tell us when and what to do. You can think NAFTA for all the cheap labor, and convict built items, and well Walmart who undersells everyone.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I wonder if this may open the door to false imprisonment to people who have specific skills Chemical engineer in the oil field for Chevron for 90K/yr, gets thrown in the slammer on bogus charges and now working for ARCO/BP for 2.25/hr

Wait for it. It will happen just watch.
edit on 8-2-2011 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This is a self perpertrating machine, the companys close down the factorys and use convict labor which reduces their costs greatly, those who lost their jobs turn to theft or dealing drugs to feed their families which allows the government to take everything they own and send them to prison...

Isn't Collectivism GREAT?

What you did not know both the Democrats and the Republicans were collectivists???

What the heck did you think the Food Safety law was all about. Drive US farmers off the land so the Ag Cartel can pick it up cheap mean while the farmer is in jail thanks to violating so paperwork provision of the Food Safety law and you put him back working his former land as a slave.

Prison Labor: Who Stands to Profit in USA's Most Important Growth Industry?
Prison labor is poised to become one of America's most important growth industries. Over 3/4 of a million incarcerated are currently employed, more than any Fortune 500 business....

The infamous Parchman Farm was not closed until 1972, when inmates brought suit against the abusive conditions in federal court.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

What you did not know both the Democrats and the Republicans were collectivists???

I knew both partys were liars, thieves, murders, slavers and traitors to the Country............does that count?

Thanks for the input, its the number one growth industory.....kinda doubt we will be seeing any of the stupid laws reformed when it enriches so many of TPTB

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am bumping this again due to a realtionship to another thread

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No offense, but it's not really slavery if you have a choice.
Prisoners are not forced to work, largely it is considered a privilege.

It doesn't necessarily mean they should make $.41 an hour or whatever the median pay is since most articles I read place it between $0.19 up to $1.00.

However, this isn't as cut and dry as people seem to make it. At least not to me.

They break the law, they go to jail.
We, the taxpayers, pay for their shelter, food, and healthcare while they are in prison.
We didn't ask for them to go to prison, they did that themselves.
But we pick up the tab in theory because we want them off the streets.

Now, I don't know how comfortable I am with prisoners making minimum wage frankly. Don't get me wrong, I don't know the number that would make me feel comfortable but full pay wages does not seem fair to me!

Prison is not supposed to be a cake walk in which one can come out with a paycheck equal to having worked the same amount of time as if he hadn't gone to prison. Actually, a prisoner would actually be ahead since all of his/her overhead costs are covered by us while in prison.

My opinion isn't set in stone. This was just my first reaction I guess.

Note: Since I also don't like companies being able to pay these low wages since it prevents others from getting employment, I say have the companies pay minimum wage, have the prisoner receive less than this [again the exact amount isn't coming to me], and have the difference go to prison costs and/or unemployment funds.

Edit to add:
Keep in mind that prison is supposed to be something miserable that one endures. This is hopefully to prevent / scare some people away from committing crimes.
edit on 24-3-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join