It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's one for the Global Warming Skeptics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.physorg.com...

Feeling warm makes people more likely to believe in global warming, study finds. Being in a warm room can make the idea of global warming seem more likely, according to researchers from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and the Haas School of Business at University of California, Berkeley. A new study finds that when people feel warmer—either because they are out in the hot sun or because they are in an overheated room—they believe in global warming more. The findings were published online Jan. 20 in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. “What makes a future event feel more real is not necessarily well–conducted research that speaks to the event’s likelihood, but factors that enable us to picture what that future event would look like,” said Jane Risen, an assistant professor of behavioral science at Chicago Booth and one of the authors of the study. The other author is Clayton Critcher, an assistant professor of marketing at Haas.

I have to say, I laughed out loud when I read the headline. Are we really so easily influenced by such basic things?! Apparently.....
edit on 6-2-2011 by ossminid because: To fix the [ex/]

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

I think we as people are easily influenced to agree. But, I think if you were in a warm room it brings up past experiences, and saying "Yeah last summer was exceptionally hotter." Being in an environment you have experienced saying those things, will make you say yes there is global warming. Just like smelling baking cookies and remembering grandma use to make that.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I guess the next logical step for the CAGW-lobby then will be to push for new legislation whereby everyone is provided with free central heating.

join