It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 arrested in Ohio student's shooting death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

not necessarily - if that sign resides on private property - your "right" hasnt been infringed at all.

Because your rights are given against the government - not against private property or business.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

Maybe I should've posted the signs I see on supermarkets, gas stations, schools, etc...
That's where all the crimes seem to take place.

Believe me, I am a proponent of our Constitutional rights.

Just don't like signs that blatantly say, 'There's no Constitutional Rights HERE'...
To me, if I pay taxes somewhere, that's government involvement.
So where does the boundary begin and end?

edit on 6-2-2011 by havok because: extra credit

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Funny this never happened in the nations history until the creation of "gun free" zones. After that it seems to happen fairly regularly.

If we're going to follow the cause and effect model shouldn't we be trying to abolish "gun free" zones?

If we had guns before gun free zones and never experienced one of these instances then clearly guns can't be the cause. The "gun free" zone was created then these instances started.

If we're going to do something as simple and shallow as react to perceived cause and effect that is.

Of course the reality isn't so simple but I'm trying to come down to the knee-jerk gun grabbers level here. Maybe they'll learn something.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
It's funny how foreigners are always wrapped up in our business in the U.S.. They constantly bring up about our second amendment. Mind your own business and worry about the shootings in your own Country.
People here are so quick to judge and always digging up dirt on the U.S like they live in some perfect Country. Your Countries are just as bad, your arrogance just wont let you admit it.

Sorry...international forum, you're gonna get international response. If that makes you uncomfortable, you can always hang out here...home.nra.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yeah, but we don't give a tinker's damn about the opinions of others.

We especially don't listen to other English speaking nations.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere and Red

Gun Free Zones are really 'Free Fire Zones' for critters with no moral compass! Of course the ignorance of this trend escapes most anti's. They think this idea makes them immune to harm and of course they end up being helpless victims! Ignorance of human nature by the anti's has always amazed me!
Zindo

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

but supermarkets & gas stations are private business

Public Schools aren't....but even with my vehement adoration for the 2nd amendment, not even I have a problem with no guns in school

edit on 6-2-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The areas I'm not to carry a weapon concealed include schools, courts, and bars.

That makes sense.

Nothing like having a drink in a bar and a firefight breaks out - and you're the only law-abiding feller in the joint.

Kinda like finding yourself in a hatchet fight and being the only one without a hatchet.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Yeah, but we don't give a tinker's damn about the opinions of others.

We especially don't listen to other English speaking nations.

I guess that's why things are going so well.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So many of these shootings consist of masonic numbers.. wt*..

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

And your information on this fact is.....? Seems a bit of proof might be needed for that remarkable post!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by MavRck

What you are failing to see, is that when this shooting happened 80 million of us gun owners did not shoot anyone.

Shootings happen in the UK and they don't have a 2nd Amendment.

Stay off my guns.

I hear ya but for the record i'm all for gun control and what I mean by that is I always hit what i aim at

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

No, actually things have more or less gone tits up because some of our leaders care more about what others think than we do, and they've lubed up and bent over for multiple foreign leaders.

Never mistake American political leadership for Americans.

That's the mistake most folks make.

And once again, the average American could not care LESS what other nations think about anything - especially when it comes to our Constitution, or our guns.

Other English speaking nations have an unbroken status as subjects.

That's why we don't really pay them much attention.

We're about 235 years ahead of other English speaking nations on that end. We became NON-subjects long, long, ago, and until you're a real citizen with generations of non-subject blood running through your veins, you'll never understand.

It's an American thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

No, actually things have more or less gone tits up because some of our leaders care more about what others think than we do, and they've lubed up and bent over for multiple foreign leaders.

Never mistake American political leadership for Americans.

That's the mistake most folks make.

And once again, the average American could not care LESS what other nations think about anything - especially when it comes to our Constitution, or our guns.

Other English speaking nations have an unbroken status as subjects.

That's why we don't really pay them much attention.

We're about 235 years ahead of other English speaking nations on that end. We became NON-subjects long, long, ago, and until you're a real citizen with generations of non-subject blood running through your veins, you'll never understand.

It's an American thing.

And who elects those leaders? Time to take the rap for your own culture. You can't blame it all on foreigners...and really, to my experience, finding others to blame is not an American thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ever since ma uncle Jonny Lee was stabbed to death with a spork at a church bingo 12 years ago we been waitin' for the govmunt ta outlaw them thar thangs...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You made the point that this was an international board.

I made the point that when it comes to the US, we don't care for others opinions, especially on our rights.

You got off on government somehow, and I pointed out our government isn't us.

I further pointed out that the opinions of foreigners - especially other ball-less English speaking nations with a lineage of being subjects - do not matter to us.

Why do you have to bring up crap that has nothing to do with the topic?

Now you want to bring up our idiotic voters who coincidentally happen to be financial and social parasites?

???

We have shootings. We have murders.

But we also have the OPTION of being able to defend ourselves.

Someone opts OUT - their problem.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
I have a feeling... that until that ammendment (you know the one) is abolished, or intensively altered... we will see more and more 'random shootings'; Some,(will seem at least) not so 'random'.

I have a feeling if they do try to repeal it they're actually going to see a lot MORE shootings but they won't be so random anymore.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
And who elects those leaders? Time to take the rap for your own culture. You can't blame it all on foreigners...and really, to my experience, finding others to blame is not an American thing.

Are you kidding? There are 300+ million people living in these states and every 4 year "they" (not we the people) come up with a whole 2 candidates that ever stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting in. There is no they represent the people. We've even just had two George Bushes, a father and son, including one of our most awful presidents in our entire history (if not the outright dumbest) included in this family affair. Who ever said these were the most qualified or representative people in this whole country? What a joke.

And when it comes to Congressmen, forget about it. As many of them as there are that are sent to jail and prison on various corruption charges, there are still too many to keep that good of an eye on, what bills they are approving, etc.

Despite all that, it's not because of our gun laws. We've had freedom to carry guns ever since this nation was born. If it was really that much of a damned problem then what's so terribly wrong with all the countries in the world? Because I'd still rather live here than 99% of anywhere else in the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

This one alone had 1 dead and 11 wounded.

Nut-case Loughner shot and killed 6 people in Arizona while wounding 13 others.

Six people were killed in the attack;[100] all but Christina-Taylor Green died at the scene of the shooting.

Thirteen people were wounded in the attack

Just to name the last 2 major recent ones.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: Forgot to provide link.
edit on 6-2-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

I don't think anyone disagrees that either of these events were tragic. My only argument is what good would making guns illegal do? It is already illegal to shoot someone!

The problem is that criminals are defined as those who do not obey the laws. Making more laws to target those who do not follow the laws is sorta... silly? IMO anyway.

We do not need more laws restricting guns. We need more enforcement of laws restricting criminals.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join