It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia poised to breach mysterious Antarctic lake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This intrigues me and scares me at the same time, perhaps I have seen The Thing too many times but I hope things goes smoothly, and don't trust them frisky shape shifters if there is anything Kurt Russell has taught us, number one don't fly in Snow in a cheap heli, and Two Never trust a person who has eaten red Jelly.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There was a thread already on this that I bumped yesterday with links to even older threads about this ongoing Lake Vostok drilling.

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread656471/pg1]>>Here.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hopefully, the impatience by the scientific community does not destroy that untouched ecosystem? Has the contamination issue being solved? Reading more on this recent undertaking by the Russian research team it appears that issue remains elusive, and once the cork is removed from that pristine treasure trove about our prehistoric past it will never be the same.

Russia poised to breach mysterious Antarctic lake

The explorers now face the question: How do we go where no one has gone before without spoiling it or bringing back some foreign virus?

"I feel very excited but once we do it there is no going back," Alexei Ekaikin, a scientist with the expedition said from Vostok Station. "Once you touch it, it will be touched forever."

Personally, I think the Russians want bragging rights about being the first to breach the lake and finding the goodies below? If they indeed decide to breach the surface, no one is going to stop them. It is of course their scientific outpost. Furthermore, these scientists are about as giddy as kids before Christmas about the discoveries below, and sooner or later they are going to get that bug to go where no man has gone before regardless of the consequences. Lets hope the researchers remain patient, and until everyone is content with the technology and safety of embarking on such groundbreaking expedition; lets leave the cork in that bottle of champagne.

<< 1   >>

join