It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Wonder What It Would Be Like To Be Strapped To The Space Shuttle During A Launch? Amazing Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This video was taken from a camera on the solid rocket boosters during a launch, then as they fall back to Earth. The bright object with a line through it is the Sun, and you can see another planet (the moon?).....watch your volume...it's LOUD! Very eeire sounds as well.....these are the actual sounds recorded.....the action starts after separation so give it a couple of minutes.....it gets REALLY loud and weird after 4:00....VERY cool!

edit on 6-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thats a pretty cool video! Im guessing the object you thought might be the moon is just a sunflare on the lense or something like that.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Yeah, that's why I had the question mark....I love the view of the sun though! The weird sounds are the SRBs expelling extra fuel.......

edit on 6-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Cool video, thats why i love ATS. I hope there is more from where this came from?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Notice the curvatures (concave and convex) to the event horizon of our planet. It is almost as if the planet is forced into the assumed shape of either round or spherical. The event horizon is also shown to be surprisingly horizontal straight at some points during the video. The sounds are distorted and must be an audio malfunction.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

I love this kind of stuff....I'll post more. When you see the Earth from that perspective, it makes you realize how small we really are in the scheme of things!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I noticed that too....part of it is because the rocket is spinning as it falls....the first time I saw it I jumped out of my chair right after 4:00

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here's another one....of another launch...except no sound

and THIS is what it is like INSIDE at liftoff....start watching after 3:00

edit on 6-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I enjoyed the videos and they were very cool thanks for posting this S&F for you

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
These videos were great! Thank you.
They reminded me of a website about two guys who built a weather balloon and attached a camera to it. They had some amazing pictures.
Link here -> www.zug.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OccultScientist

Thanks....here is another one you might enjoy!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Great videos, here a night Shuttle launch.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Cool....I'm lovin these....guess I'm a geek at heart
It just blows my mind anytime I think about outer space and the vastness of it all. We are just so small , when compared to it....yet we think we are so damn important!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think if a lot of people didn't feel important then they would get all scared and depressed. I think it's funny that in this huge universe we're living in some people think beings on the other side of the universe are wringing they're hands in worry about the going's on down on planet Earth.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I wonder every day I look off my balcony and see the Kennedy Space Center
or every time the shuttle goes up I wonder this!

I would LOVE to go up in the shuttle! That would be so amazing!

Nice video

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Things about the pride Americans feel about the shuttle program... this video brings that point home. I personally am deeply saddened to see the Space Shuttle program end, as it represents an American achievement that marks my generation.

I share a sense of proud gratitude for all that the American Government, and the men and women involved have done to make the Space Shuttle what it evolved into, and I salute thier integrity, thier devotion, and above all, thier courage to bring mankind into space.

America's losses of shuttles Challenger and Columbia were deeply felt. I watched both tragedies happen in real time... and bear the scars they left behind. I will never forget them, I pray this generation vows this too.

March 2011 is the intended final launch of America's Space Shuttles. If you have never personally witnessed a shuttle launch I highly recommend to America to go watch... take your kids, you will never forget the experience, and neither will your childeren...

God Speed to America's final launch, may this last shuttle's mission succeed, and Commander Kelly discover a sense of peace while away from his wife's side, as she lay hospitalised with a gunshot wound to the head... given her by a madman with no just cause.

God Speed Commander Kelly...
edit on 6-2-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Pretty cool video... At 429 on the middle upper left it looks like you can see the origional contrail from the launch. Looks pretty cool.

As much as I wish we lived in the era of Startrek, this video is the next closest thing to it.

You can actually pay to get a ride on a U2 or a Russian aircraft. They will take you to altitudes of 65-70k feet, where you can see the curviture of the Earth, and the blue marbel is quiet and peaceful.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

100% agree with everything you said here. While I agree we are seeing and end of an era of American Space Exploration, I like to think that we are seeing the birth of a true Earth Space Program that includeds all countries, and not just the ones who started the journey.

The age of competing against each other I think is coming to an end, with the realization that not one country can make it into space and beyond alone anymore.

1 small setback for the American Space Program, and 1 Giant leap for A United Earth Space Effort.

In the words of a great Astronaut - To infinity....and beyond....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Notice the curvatures (concave and convex) to the event horizon of our planet. It is almost as if the planet is forced into the assumed shape of either round or spherical. The event horizon is also shown to be surprisingly horizontal straight at some points during the video. The sounds are distorted and must be an audio malfunction.

It's an illusion created by the camera lens.

Image search for Fisheye lens shots, you'll see all manner of straight items appearing curved and curved items appearing straight all depending upon the angle of the lens to the object.
edit on 2/7/2011 by eNumbra because: /buzzkill

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join