It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Understood, I am just posting to this as relevant to this thread. I understand that sugar has its own problems as well. To be honest; it is great too see all of this dialogue on the subject, both pros and cons. It gets people thinking for themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

It tastes different after it has been raised above a certain temperature I believe. You have to keep this stuff cool for a reason, Thanks for your input!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by drunkasshole

I didn't know they put this stuff in the water supply. Do you have a link; or just the deception movie to go by? Thanks, BTW

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

Where are the "facts" that sugar wreaks havoc on your digestive system? My wife did a paper at uni. [okay a few years ago]. on the effects of sugar and the main problem is with it rotting your teeth. The body copes pretty well with sugar [like salt, too efficiently some may say]

I can easily believe that Aspartame does what the OP has written.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I noticed today that my normal gum contains aspartame, so as of today I wont be buying gum any more, i've not noticed any side effects from using it but better to be safe than sorry, i'm now in the process of checking every food/drink label too, great post S&F

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Thanks for posting the link to the other thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Where are the "facts" that sugar wreaks havoc on your digestive system?

I can report that I had major problems with reflux EVERY NIGHT until I cut out most carbs although that may be a reaction to grains.

Sugar (and carbs) wreaked havoc with my insulin levels to the point I actually passed out twice in my teens. Also cutting out carbs and salt (NaCl) lowered my blood pressure from 170/140 to 115/70 in six months. Got rid of the high Cholesterol too.

I sure prefer a change of eating habits to a heart attack, stroke, Type II diabetes or lots of expensive medication.

My Doctor's comment was "I do not know what you are doing but keep doing it!"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by orinoco4

It's in everything. Including stuff for kids. Thanks for replying and for taking the information to heart. It is important.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am more hyper without sugar and caffeine. Feel better and lost more weight since I quit them both. I get heartburn when I eat or drink anything that contains either one of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
While I'm not discounting anyone's personal experience, I'd like to share one of my own.

Almost 5 years ago I switched from regular soda to diet dr pepper, and I drink a LOT of it. I lost about 80 pounds, my blood pressure went down (to a safe level, previously had high BP) had more energy, generally felt much, much better. I have perfect vision and hearing as of last physical I took (little over a year ago) This was pretty much the only change I made to my diet/lifestyle.

So my question is, am I superman? I think I must be, because fluorescent lights don't do anything to me either, which seem to be a huge problem for others.

Why is it not possible that all of these things linked to it are not related, for at least most people?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
aspartame is the chemical that will secretly kill us all. its in our drinks, our foods, its even federal law that ALL municipal water supplies have to add it to drinking water. it has NO health benefits, or cleansing agents, its only harmful to the human body. so why is it mandatory?

BILDERBERG GROUP

"THE OBAMA DECEPTION"
watch it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hey guys, first off id like to say thank you for this thread, I used to drink a LOT of diet cola's of one kind or another, i used to think that it was my only vice, that it was less bad for me than alchol/drugs/cigarettes.

since i read this, i have completley cut fizzy drinks out of my life, i have checked all my drinks now that i buy for what they contain, i will not drink aspartame products ever again.

what is worrying me is in the 2 weeks or so since i read this, is how i have been feeling,

faint, wobbly, a little headachey, tired (although this may be due to over doing it latley been really busy)

does aspartame have withdrawl symptons?

what can i do to flush the rest of it out of my system, and how can i find out what damage that i may have done is irriversable? I'm pretty scared from reading this so anything you can say would be helpful.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You got RH- blood by any chance? I ask because I do, and it never bothered me. Just bothered my wife. That or maybe it hasn't accumulated enough in you yet. I'm glad you're OK.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Eternal_Question

From what I have read here; some folks have had withdrawals from it. It took my wife at least 2 weeks to feel better at all. I would search ATS for Aspartame and addictive. It should show up.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by drunkasshole

Could this be along the lines of Agenda 21? Is that perhaps what you are hinting at? I will watch the movie when I have a chance. Is it online; and if it is, do you have a link for it?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I switched from regular soda to diet dr pepper.....

Sugar is no good for you either, especially the High Fructose Corn Syrup found in sodas.

Metabolism of regular sugar and carbohydrates (starch)

Your blood glucose levels will normally be in the range of 72 to 144 mg/dl. These levels can be higher after taking a meal....

If your blood sugar levels consistently spike because of your nutritional choices and overeating you will probably feel sluggish and tired due to excess production of a hormone called insulin.

One of the functions of insulin is to reduce the blood sugar levels. You will also experience a state of low energy if your blood glucose is low....

If you are taking meals with a lot of refined sugar and more carbohydrates than you need, your body will continue to store glucose in form of glycogen until it reaches a state where no more storage can occur. When this happens the excess glucose is converted into fat in the liver, which is transported to other organs and tissues. This fat ends up in your visceral organs and will conspicuously be displayed as belly fat.

An increase in belly fat is only one of the side effects of these high blood glucose levels. www.loss-bellyfat-stay-slim.com...

Metabolism of Fructose

High fructose processed foods linked to obesity, gout, hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol and fatty liver

The only organ in your body that can take up fructose is your liver and this is where the problem begins.
* Fructose increases uric acid which in turn increases blood pressure and causes gout

* Fructose increases fat production in the liver
(also known as denovo lipogenesis) which in turn increases blood fats like cholesterol and triglycerides (glucose does not do this) and liver fat (which could result in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). In fact fructose is being metabolised via the same pathway as alcohol and is actually damaging your liver in the the same way as alcohol. Fructose causes deposition of fat within the liver so it is actually like alcohol

* Fructose increases inflammation which in turn increases insuln levels in the long term: fructose initiates an enzyme called Junk one in the liver which stimulates the inflammation pathway. This in turn stops the insulin receptor in your liver from working resulting in higher insulin levels in the body (pancreas responds to this situation by pumping out more insulin in the hope to get the insulin working) . Eventually insulin resistance sets in where your insulin receptors are no longer responding to the excessive amounts of insulin and thus less glucose gets into the cells and more remains in the blood (this is when diabetes is diagnosed). High insulin levels stimulate the conversion of sugar to fat which means you will be storing more fat in the liver (which could result in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) and more fat in fat cells, especially around the abdomen and internal organs (resulting in abdominal/visceral obesity)..... www.healthyeatingclub.org...

FRUCTOSE is NOT nice stuff and is found in foods ranging from peanut butter and jelly to sodas. No wonder the USA has a problem wit obesity starting in the young!

Here is a very interesting study on GARLIC (an d onions)

Effect of Garlic on Carbohydrate Metabolism and Lipid Synthesis in Rats1 MEI LING W. CHANG ANDMARGARET A. JOHNSON Carbohydrate Nutrition Laboratory, Nutrition Institute, Human Nutrition Center, Science and Education Administration, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD 20705
...Overall, the data suggest that dietary garlic inhibited the synthesis of lipids in the liver and increased the level of serum insulin, thereby lowering serum glucose and increasing glycogen in liver.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macabees

You got RH- blood by any chance? I ask because I do, and it never bothered me. Just bothered my wife. That or maybe it hasn't accumulated enough in you yet. I'm glad you're OK.

Why thank you.

Honestly I don't know what blood type I am, I'm sure I was told at some point but can't think of it.

The only thing I really notice about drinking diet soda, is it honestly does seem addictive. If I go a few days without some, which is rare, I crave it quite a bit, but never go through withdrawals. The cravings are more powerful than I would expect from just being used to drinking a certain thing, or missing the taste. I've had a few problems with opiates so I know a good deal about what real cravings are, so I'm not just being silly.

That being said, even though I have not experienced any other side effects (at least that I'm aware of) I think I'm going to take a few months off of consuming anything with it in there, just to see if I notice anything change. This is one of the few times that I can experiment with or prove to myself the subject matter of an ATS thread personally, and easily. If this thread is still alive in a month or two, or if I notice any change I'll make sure to chime back in.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I stumbled across this article about a month ago. It is called Open Lettter To The FDA-Freedom Of Information-Aspartame. I highlighted a few quotes from the article.

Today aspartame is even in anti-seizure medication like Ketocal www.shsna.com... in the ketogenic diet. This is appalling. An informant from Pfizer said Dilantin was reformulated to add aspartame! The Internet was booming with complaints from consumers that on taking the new Dilantin seizures were increased and they suffered all types of aspartame symptoms from male sexual dysfunction to vision loss. Somehow they were removed from the Internet, what power. One consumer said, "I knew that would happen, the reason I printed them out". The cover-up is an abomination.

"Phenytoin is a key drug in managing epilepsy. When convulsions are associated with or aggravated by aspartame products, the patent confronts several dilemmas. First, the dose of phenytoin is likely to be increased, possibly to the point of toxicity. Second, other anti0-epilepsy drugs may be added, thereby increasing the potential for side effects. Third, the continuation of these drugs in high doses could result in "rebound" toxicity after stopping aspartame.

Michael Fox, a former Diet Pepsi spokesman asked: "How could I get Parkinson's an old age disease at the age of 30?" Aspartame can precipitate Parkinson's (Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D.) Taking L-dopa you could see the reactions just as I could see them in a friend taking L-dopa and Diet Coke. His arms and legs would swing out and he had difficulty forming words. He appeared to be dying. Off aspartame his reactions stopped

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Treppon

If we are trying to avoid ingesting things that may not be good for us like Aspartame and High Fructose Corn Syrup, We want to make sure we continue to have access to the food of our choice from local farmers. We certainly do not want the makers of Aspartame and High Fructose Corn Syrup controlling our entire food supply.

So thanks, you can add to your list of Global Food Crops Failures: Russia, Crippled by Drought, Bans Grain Exports

www.stevequayle.com...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.zerohedge.com...
news.isc.vn...

Why bring this up? Because it impacts our access to good wholesome food.

These crop failures mean the FDA will be spurred by the FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS: THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME...(Purdue University) who will aggressively try to put America's independent farmers out of business and grab their land.

The new food safety Law in a nutshell:

FORBES: More FDA Authority Won't Improve Food Safety

Inspectors work by looking around to see whether a facility is clean and examining the producer's records of its own risk reduction efforts. But records are only as good as the record keeper, and a producer trustworthy enough to keep perfect records doesn't need frequent inspections....

HACCP tends to smother firms in paperwork and impose rigid, costly and out-of-date practices...

Complying with HACCP rules is also hugely expensive, which may be one reason why the country's biggest food producers support the legislation. Big companies already have their own voluntary HACCP programs. But the new law would force those costs on smaller competitors and shift substantial quality control responsibilities onto the small farms and other producers that feed their supply chains....

Why the Tester Amendment Does NOT Help Small Food Producers

...If Grandma wants to sell her famous raspberry jam at the county fair (within 275 miles of her canning kitchen) she will indeed be qualified for small producer exemptions, but not before she forks over 3 years of financials, documentation of hazard control plans, and all local licenses, permits, and inspection reports. She must submit this documentation to the satisfactory approval of the Secretary; and if she fails to do so, the entirety of S.510 can be enforced on her. That's hardly what I would call an exemption....

The Commerce Clause and your Home Garden?

...Moreover, DeLauro's own bill includes a broad jurisdictional provision that creates a presumption that home gardens do affect interstate commerce.

Section 406 of the bill reads as follows: “PRESUMPTION. In any action to enforce the requirements of the food safety law, the connection with interstate commerce required for jurisdiction shall be presumed to exist.”

Lori Robertson of FactCheck.org, who is not a lawyer (she has a B.A. in advertising), claims the bill doesn’t apply to “that tomato plant in your backyard.” As a lawyer, I am skeptical of this claim (I co-represented the prevailing defendant in the last successful constitutional challenge to federal regulation under the interstate commerce clause, United States v. Morrison (2000), one of only two cases in 70 years in which a challenge was successful). Congress's power under the Constitution's Commerce Clause is almost unlimited in the eyes of the courts, and thus can reach the "tomato plant in your backyard."
www.examiner.com...

As we saw a two liner attached to the Obamacare law made major changes in the US tax code and will drown farmers and other small businesses in vasts amounts of paperwork and record keeping.

Also a Commerce Clause Amendment was added to the Animal Welfare Act a few years after it was passed so a homeowner raising a litter of puppies is now subject to USDA regulations and inspection!

Once they finish with the farmers you can be sure THE CRIMINAL FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS will set its sights on Home Gardens. They want NO competition to their MONOPOLY on the FOOD SUPPLY!

"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world." - Henry Kissinger

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join