It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gilgamesh12
Lets pretend that you arent eating any food with calories, just zero calorie caffiene aspartame soda, and you do this for two days straight. Your body MUST take calories from somewhere, its not the zero calorie soda!!! Your body is forced to break down its own fat.

Insulin regulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism.

The point was that hyperinsulinemia, high levels of insulin in the blood, will essentially lock fat in adipocytes. Therefore, fuel must come from another source. Many animal lab studies have shown that if you induce hyperinsulinemia by lesioning the ventromedial hypothalamus of a rat and then starve it, the rat will starve to death with every bit of it's fat mass intact and untouched.

So, if aspartame is causing insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia--that's a big if--it wouldn't be a wise to advise your clients to drink diet sodas regularly.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

From U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health: Insulin response to stevia and aspartame and sucrose. I notice they left out Fructose, the real baddie.

....Stevia preloads significantly reduced postprandial glucose levels compared to sucrose preloads (p

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Insulin regulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism.

The point was that hyperinsulinemia, high levels of insulin in the blood, will essentially lock fat in adipocytes....

As a Hypoglycemic I really really did not want to hear that, but thank you.

At least it explains why I can not lose weight if I even look at sugar, sigh.

I had forgotten that fructose heads straight to my fat gland
Thanks for reminding me.
edit on 8-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have been managing type 2 Diabetes for 11 years. No drugs. Diet and exorcise only. It works!

The lure of sweeteners is epidemic, by design. Our dysfunctional dietary craving for sweets (itself an exitotoxin) has driven the industry to go where our money takes it.

WE MADE THE SUGAR, SALT, MSG and SWEETENER INDUSTRY BIG!

So, the artificial sweetener industry is likewise also a giant profitable industry. When the massive food industries want profit, they look to our purchases. Not our health. We drive industries. Change the industry by changing where you put your money. Don't buy bad stuff, or you feed the industry that feeds your children poison diets.

But Wait! Theres More!

Do you know how these substances re-enter the market even after they are banned or otherwise shunned by the consumer? Do you???

Case in point:

Because aspartame was not bad enough, Monsanto comes out with it's
new and improved sweetener:

Poison in a New Package!

Don't be Consumer Livestock. Stay vigilant and educated. The machine wants all your money, and, your life is of no concern to it otherwise.

Watch: Ethos the movie, then Zeitgeist 1,2,3

Awareness is our best defense AND offence.
ZG

edit on 2/8/2011 by ZeroGhost because: URL fail-fix

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Don't be Consumer Livestock. Stay vigilant and educated. The machine wants all your money, and, your life is of no concern to it otherwise.

Unfortunately you are correct. I general buy my food at a farmers market where I know the farmers. I normally carry a cooler with my own food and water. It is a ROYAL pain in the rump but I feel better and more energetic than I have in years. (I am on the far side of sixty) I just wish I did not have a sweet tooth and a love of Chinese food.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I'm on your 6 buddy. High side of 50.

And that's the goal. To hope your wisdom, experience and general intelligence compensate for the body's dieing from the environmental chemical and foods poisons. OK, and old age I guess. But I am in denial about being old, cause my spirit tells me so. And the fact that I keep applying what I know.

Chinese... I miss it.

ZG

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There is another thread up about the other poisons in our food, our water, the vaccines, the chemtrails, in plastics, in health care products...

This is about Eugenics and over population.

People need to wake up and recognize the real enemy.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
reply to post by Alex505

Well, the abstract is availible for free and it seems to cover the important stuff:

You can find countless abstracts and quite a few full text articles on PubMed. Other useful resources are Google Scholar, PLoS One, and DOAJ.

I tried to use google scholar, but i found that most of the results were pay-only.

But I will take a look at the URL's you provided, thanks.

Edit:
This one seems to be interesting. It talks about gaining weight when using sweeteners.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Alex505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I want to add that not only artificial sweeteners are bad for you.

So called high fructose corn syrup is bad stuff too.

I suggest all of you watch this video:

What it comes down to, is that this high fructose corn syrup is broken down into stuff your body doesn't know. I believe it was some sort of alcohol. Anyway, he says the effects on your body are the same as alcohol, but without the drunkenness.

I lost a lot of weight by avoiding this sugar crap, and using the tips he said. Like, eat a normal meal, and then wait an half hour before even thinking of eating some more. Because your body needs this time to recognize it's satisfied.

So, don't just avoid aspartame, but also look out for high fructose corn syrup..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
There is another thread up about the other poisons in our food, our water, the vaccines, the chemtrails, in plastics, in health care products...

This is about Eugenics and over population.

People need to wake up and recognize the real enemy.

And the #ed up part of it, is that you would have to live like a freaking hermit, to be safe. Grow your own food, cook your water.. There is no real way to get around it. These additions to our food are everywhere.

And these arrogant producers.... when there is enough fuss about a certain addition? Oh, we just give it a different name.. or we encode all the ingredients with E-numbers so that you have to be a chemist to know what your eating....

Edit: there's even a number for Hydrochloric acid...
(E507)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

That is great. Glad to here good news. As far as affecting the stomach it practically makes it convulse. Which can cause lots of time in the bathroom. Bad stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Well, fructose is shuttled straight to the liver and is metabolized. The body is only used to small amounts. There's plenty of research pointing to fructose being the cause of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, and a host of other metabolic disorders.

It's a bad little guy. The byproduct of fructose metabolism is VLDL, triglycerides, and then eventually LDL, the small-dense pattern that is extremely atherogenic. There really isn't any good excuse to eat the stuff, and never really did in our recent evolutionary past (except for small amounts in the fruits we would consume in between large meals that the hunters would kill)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stardog987

You are right on the money. It took about a month for my wife to feel herself again. Two weeks to feel a little better, and another two weeks to get back to her old self. Send her a link to this thread if she has a computer and let her read some of these comments first hand. Maybe print off the thread and give it to her to read if she doesn't have a computer.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah; I know it sounds like a lot, well it is a lot. And she paid the price, to be sure. We had mexican food out for the first time in like 7 years last month. I would be interested in that healing cleanse you are speaking of.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Well, fructose is shuttled straight to the liver and is metabolized.

This is what I meant by heading straight to my "fat gland" that is the liver that eventually produces abdominal fat.

...The food industry have also been adding fructose in the form of corn syrup (popular in the United States) or sucrose (this is half fructose) to foods, especially low fat/diet foods to improve flavour. There is emerging evidence that this may be making the obesity epidemic even worse, starting with damage to our liver cells, the hepatocytes.

The only organ in your body that can take up fructose is your liver and this is where the problem begins....

Fructose increases fat production in the liver (also known as denovo lipogenesis) which in turn increases blood fats like cholesterol and triglycerides (glucose does not do this) and liver fat (which could result in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). In fact fructose is being metabolised via the same pathway as alcohol and is actually damaging your liver in the the same way as alcohol. Fructose causes deposition of fat within the liver so it is actually like alcohol and alcohol is like a fat. So in contrast to glucose, it can be said that fructose behaves like a fat

www.healthyeatingclub.org...

Fructose has been shown to decrease insulin sensitivity; this can be related to increased triglyceride formation and circulation in the blood, according to Dana Flavin, MD. with Life Extension Magazine. Increased triglyceride level is a risk factor associated with metabolic syndrome, which is characterized by increased circulating insulin, high triglycerides and cholesterol levels, increased abdominal fat and high blood pressure. www.livestrong.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Great news Misterlondon. Be sure and report back here in a month and let everyone know how you are doing. Keep a diary if you can on your experience so you have something to share.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MahNishtanah

It happens my friend. Don't beat yourself up. I got pressure by a dentist for fluoride treatment for my daughter. I only said yes because I thought my wife would be mad. My wife said never again; we all make mistakes.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chelley

I wish I could have replied sooner. I didn't know the tread took off like it did. We learn from the past, and can take care, to not let it bother us again, if we so choose.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

Keep this thread marked and come back and let us all know how you are feeling. This might help some folks who are on the fence.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Thanks for the nice reply. It is nice to have her back. The toughest problems in life are the one's we do not have answers to. Somebody else mentioned that it is not technically a conspiracy. When the fed wants to ban vitamins; but approves stuff like Aspartame, it leads me to believe otherwise.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join