It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 1st, two "Stars" - Sattelites getting better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just a story. Back out if you are expecting a video. Nonetheless, I felt the need to express my recent sighting.

So, my mother lives literally on the cliff-side of Northern California coast. There is a military base, so I've been told, passed the East hills - My mom is very much into astronomy, and has a high powered telescope and a second story deck which she watches the usually perfect night sky every other night.

She has told me she has seen strange lights to the East, and that she believes they are doing testing of sorts. She nor I were convinced it was anything but that, though the lights are indeed strange.

Anyway, with that said. This particular sighting was clearly very, very high up. I am not an expert to gauge whether they were in deep space, or at the range of a satellite - but it did not feel any closer.

Mom was telling me about a few constellations, and as we were talking, she noticed two misplaced stars directly to the right of Orion's belt.

We watched these stars, which had the same brightness as the nearby constellation. After three minutes, things got very "convincing"...

They moved! In unison. Once again, they were vertical in the sky.

Orion

. .
. .

"Stars".

They moved at the same time. From completely stationary, at a speed that could have only been half as fast as a shooting star.

So. Have satellites gotten more advanced? Because I do not feel there is any other alternative, beyond well, you know, "E.T crafts".

I have seen similar things in the past, but nothing as perfect as this. It felt like I was watching two crafts that had been docked, and then sped off together once they had accomplished their goal. Also, the "star" on top, moved slightly before the other, and the bottom "star" instantly caught up with it as they sped off for about 4 feet length (perspective) in the sky.

Thought I should get this out there. If I wasn't convinced before, I am now. Anyone with similar stories?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I've seen a fair few satellites but none that move as fast as those you describe, half the speed of a shooting start sounds WAY too fast for a satellite so I would have though that alone would discount the lights being satellites. Also, as far as I know satellites do not become stationary and then suddenly move, I'm fairly sure about that. I've not heard of satellites moving in unison too, I'd discount satellites from what you said.

One thing I do know, I know your post does not stink of bull crap, it comes across as totally genuine and it's posts like this that pick at my sceptical nature and allow me to maintain an interest in this area, so thanks for posting.

Are you sure about the speed and how far did you track them before they went out of view?
edit on 6-2-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

All of the times i've ever seen a satellite it was moving in a relatively straight projectory and was moving at the same pace. I've never seen anything in the sky perform as you said it did. Although, there are plenty of others that have seen UFO's, just not me unfortunately.

Either way, what you describe sounds like a UFO. Strange. Your lucky though, living on a hillside with a nice balcony at night with my telescope would be fantastic.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I wish I knew how to create simulations, because I have seen similar simulations (regarding speed of crafts) that would help put my sighting into perspective.

Thank you for replying, I know - very wild sighting. I would say, go outside and stretch your arms to about four-five feet.

They moved far enough to where I had to shift my eyes to the right as they escaped my line of sight, but slow enough to where I could watch them move. They were orb-like, no trail at the end, nothing of the sort.

Upon the moment they began to move to the point that they dissipated, I would say there was at least (One. Two. and a half) seconds of visible movement.

Any more questions I will do my best. I have to go have lunch real quick, will be checking up on this thread all day however.

Even writing this makes me realize that I should learn to appreciate first account threads just as much as the videos being posted here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Cool sighting.
I too have seen UFOs at night that look just like stars/satellites moving across the sky. I look up in the sky a lot so I have had quite a few of these sightings. They have ranged from seeing one object moving slowly across the sky to seeing five (my highest count) at a time appear and scatter about in random directions. Sometimes I have seen them go across the entire sky in several seconds ...meaning very fast.
Those are just the ones at night. I have seen many UFOs in the daytime. IMO unless you have looked up on the web and know that it was a satellite passing over then it was most likely not a satellite. I bet if on clear nights you looked at the stars scanning the whole sky for about 30 min then you would see them every night.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I am fully convinced they were crafts of some sort - whether they be some secret high-tech human crafts or E.T, I am very intrigued nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

join