It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonic Symbols Sheffield England

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thankyou very much for your information brothers,

i am greatly considering joining freemasonry now, ive done a complete U turn on the situation tbh but so did "Jordan maxwell" who spoke very harshly of your group and the church but who now seems to have been enlightened as i have, i will upload the stills of the "Graduate" tomorrow and continue my search for the truth!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The symbols respresent the futher levels of freemasonry, The Cryptic and Royal Arch Mason branches of the York Rite.

They Also appear above the Masons Royal Arch under York minster and seem to be quite common symbols in York, but not so common in other places

"SHEFFIELD - Britannia Lodge (No. 162). Inauguration of the New Freemasons' Hall. The regular monthly meeting of this lodge took place on Thursday evening, the 12th inst. in the new hall, which is situated in the very centre of the town, at the junction of Surrey-street and Eyre-street. The building, which was originally erected, and has till recently been occupied as a Savings' Bank, presents two handsome facades of dressed stone, enriched by pilasters of the Ionic order, and is surrounded by a neat iron palisading. The freehold has been purchased by the Sheffield brethren; and, by the additional outlay of several hundred pounds, the building has been admirably adapted to Masonic purposes, to which alone it is dedicated. Great credit is due to Bros. White, Webster, and Longden, who have devoted much time and labour to superintending the workmen and planning the alterations. The ground floor consists of entrance and staircase, a kitchen, furnished with an excellent cooking apparatus, and a dining room 31 feet by 24 feet, lighted by six large windows. The upper floor is approached by a winding staircase, and contains a convenient preparation room and lavatory; and the lodge-room, which is the same size as the dining-room, and is about 20 feet high. It is lighted by three large sheets of plate glass in the roof, which are tinted rose colour, richly ornamented, and have the letter G and a five pointed star in the centre. Rows of gas jets and reflectors are placed above these, and cast a beautiful light into the lodge, without the heat and discomfort of having gas burning in the room. The ventilation is also admirably provided for...

edit on 8/2/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

edit on 8/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i understand that you wish to concentrate on making the "Good" better, through charity and the teaching of sound traditions, but why not speak about politics, if the freemasons have been around for a while, and have been following the same rigid templated traditions, then surely they are by far the best group on earth to make a stand politically and shepard the world into a better way of living??

if your all about charity and peace/acceptence then why not help the world make the transition to a better age?

or is your view a little more harsh, "Ask and you shall recieve" otherwise be ignorant and suffer, reep what you sow type of stance???

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Because In Power There is Coruption

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolo
i understand that you wish to concentrate on making the "Good" better, through charity and the teaching of sound traditions, but why not speak about politics, if the freemasons have been around for a while, and have been following the same rigid templated traditions, then surely they are by far the best group on earth to make a stand politically and shepard the world into a better way of living??
The only topics that are likely to divide men more than politics or religion would probably be sports. For some reason talking about your favorite team in lodge is not prohibited. Guess competitive regional team sports weren't big in the 1700s...

if your all about charity and peace/acceptence then why not help the world make the transition to a better age?

or is your view a little more harsh, "Ask and you shall recieve" otherwise be ignorant and suffer, reep what you sow type of stance???
I really don't think it's that. But we can't change the world—we can only change one man at a time, and he's got to want to change.

Let me throw out an analogy... Let's say I was a university math professor and you were in my class. Now if you had a passion for math and were eager to learn as much as you could on the subject, you'd be a great student for me, and our conversations could continue on for hours on end about a variety of math topics, which would be both inspiring and educational to you. But if the only reason you were in the class was because it was a required course, you'd probably only show up and do the minimal amount of work necessary to get a passing grade. You might try to excel if you cared about your grades, but chances are, once you'd finished the required classes, you'd never take a math class again in your whole life.

These might seem like polar extremes, and they are... there's a wide range in between them. But the thought is, why teach someone who isn't really going to learn? Who benefits from me trying to force calculus on you? Does that make the world a better place? Are you going to walk away from my class any more valuable a person to society because you scraped by? On the other hand, if you're the guy who wants to learn, we're more than willing to teach you. We see you, the student, as a future peer and colleague. Your passion for math means you might be a professor yourself some day, or do wonderful research or publish inspiring new papers.

Does that make any sense? Or am I being too sentimental?
edit on 2011.2.10 by JoshNorton because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

its makes perfect sense brother.

i find myself unable to make a difference in the world, i find it hard trying to convince my own family, that things arent as they seem, i realised that i needed to change me before i could change any1 or anything else, and this is an on going process,,, but i cannot turn a blind eye to the bad things that are taking place "Right" now, for example

My university's Motto is.... "To learn and serve"
that in itself questions my very nature, the only thing i wish to serve is the good god, and my brothers and sisters, the bad people seem to be learning how to enslave the world a lot quicker than the people are learning to "Break free".

Also im trying to look for the words of God for direction and guidence and wherever i look i seem to find corruption, secrets and deciet. Even the Elders who have pitched themselves as the "Good" and the "light" seem to be leading me and others astray???

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
The only topics that are likely to divide men more than politics or religion would probably be sports.

Dunno about that one, JN. Pretty much everyone in my Lodge agrees about the Maple Leafs!

But I digress

/derail

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

I understand your feelings of helplessness, but I'll offer you two further thoughts:

You feel like you, alone, are powerless. This isn't entirely true, but I'll concede the ability of an individual to make great impact on the world is often somewhat limited. But that's where an organization of like-minded individuals can gain strength. People often ask us, "well why do I need to join some silly club to do good deeds?" and the answer is, you don't! But if you have a bunch of guys working together on the same good deeds, then you have a higher chance of success with the momentum and support of a group.

Yes, I could go down to the Red Cross and donate blood. And that's a good thing, and it will help somebody who needs it. But say I got my lodge to organize a blood drive in my community, and got one of the members who works at a print shop to donate the advertising flyers, and another who owns a bakery to provide the cookies to the donors. Now I'm leveraging the strengths and abilities of a variety of people, and the sum impact can be that much more.

Second thought, you can't change someone else. You can only change yourself. So don't focus on the bad that someone else is doing, focus on the good that you COULD be doing, but aren't yet. Strive to make yourself better. If each person did that, then no level of "bad guys in power" would be able to corrupt us.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Since Freemasonry is so diverse there are bound to be differing opinions. If within the Lodge the Master took one opinion versus others, it could be construed that he is going to force his opinion on others. It would also look like the Freemasons are taking political sides and would paint the entire Masonic community as holding that view, whether they did or not.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolo

i find myself unable to make a difference in the world, i find it hard trying to convince my own family, that things arent as they seem, i realised that i needed to change me before i could change any1 or anything else, and this is an on going process,,, but i cannot turn a blind eye to the bad things that are taking place "Right" now, for example

I understand your feelings here, and we are indeed called to do as much good as we can. But we almost must keep in mind that only God can save the world, and that we ouselves are incapable of it. As the Master once said, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and these other things shall be added unto you."

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Exactly Sir,

We can only save ourselves.
Maybe a couple of other human ...
Of course if we are permitted to cooperate and to communicate.

Let me add one thing.

I have written down a paper; sent to a periodical . We agreed upon review.
They promised me to review.
In about a week, that surprised me of course being a speed record, I got an answer which added new surprises(something like) :

Deaf Prof. xxx ;
We promised to review but we can not puplish your paper, we are not allowed to ...
And so on, expressing excuses further.

very truly

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just a short little theory, perhaps it is a place where the Masons recruit people?

Since it is tradition to go there after you graduate, maybe they keep watch on everyone who goes in there, then checks into who they are to see if they are worthy.

Just a small theory off the top of my head

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FattyTravy
Just a short little theory, perhaps it is a place where the Masons recruit people?

Since it is tradition to go there after you graduate, maybe they keep watch on everyone who goes in there, then checks into who they are to see if they are worthy.

Just a small theory off the top of my head

Unfortunately not bro

They simply re-located lol to a place called Tapton Hall, not far away!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Hello

I just wanted to say as this refers to Sheffield in the UK, that is where my Masonic Lodge is located and I am the Worshipful Master of my Lodge which is located at Tapton Hall on Shore Lane.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by excelents
reply to post by Desolo

Hello

I just wanted to say as this refers to Sheffield in the UK, that is where my Masonic Lodge is located and I am the Worshipful Master of my Lodge which is located at Tapton Hall on Shore Lane.

Maybe you can explain then,
why when the governments seem to be in peril and all morals decaying, degrading and turning into a vile sesspot of dirty sly evil logic, does your "almighty" all charitable group not stand up in your thousands, maybe millions turn the table and actually make a difference. "Your" unemployment benifits only counter balence your apparent ignorence to the FACTS..... unless; masons, the vatican and the "greedy" self worshipping, brainwashing tools, are all in the same sinking ship.?? i am not a secular, i have the good gods coursing through my blood, if your so "masterful" compared to my feeble weak mind tell me the truth???

""im sorry if i seem angry or frustrated or even mis-informed, but everyday all i see is sad wrongs, i am sickened by the state of the world right now" i dont see order, i see corruption from sheeple up to the very top of the masters!!!""
edit on 4-3-2011 by Desolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

If you want to learn more about us, visit:

freemasonry.com

It should answer many of your burning questions. Or, U2U me and I will send you a booklet that has been written for folk suc as yourself.

Good to see the Brethren on this thread.

S&F to you all.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Desolo

If you want to learn more about us, visit:

freemasonry.com

It should answer many of your burning questions. Or, U2U me and I will send you a booklet that has been written for folk suc as yourself.

Good to see the Brethren on this thread.

S&F to you all.

ive read your websites through and through,,, i dont want your opinion tbh, your programmed to give such responses, i want to hear from your "Worshipful" master, your booklet wont give me straight answers on the actual questions, just as i expect he wont.......

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

If you do not want my opinion, then you will not want the opinion of the WM, as it will be one of the same.
Sounds to me as if you have already made your mind up. If you do not want advice or help, do not ask for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Desolo

If you do not want my opinion, then you will not want the opinion of the WM, as it will be one of the same.
Sounds to me as if you have already made your mind up. If you do not want advice or help, do not ask for it.

ok but alls u did was tried to fob me off to your website, those methods are without personality, i dont want to know what a leaflet says,

i want to know what he thinks, i havent made up my mind, cant say wether or not the masons are playing a part in this mess i see in front of me. because when i ask a guy who would know the answer, his junior comes on and tells me to go look at a booklet????

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Sir, as you do not know what level I am, how can you assume I his junior? The WM of a Lodge is not always the highest ranking Mason. He normally sits for a year and is voted in by other Master Masons.
Now, I will be happy to answer, as best I can, any questions you may have.
You can do it here or by U2U.
I am here to help, not to hinder.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join