It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vandal Cops Won't Be Prosecuted And Return To Patrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And in today's news which exemplifies that there appear to be TWO sets of laws, one for the "civilian" population", and one for those who make and ENFORCE the laws, we have this doozy---One which has to be seen to be believed, and simply boggles the mind.

There are so many disturbing levels to this I don't even know where to begin.

But I will start with, why would it take nearly FIVE MONTHS, to determine "whether they broke department policy" for being ARRESTED for a drunken, vandalizing rampage? Seriously? Is it THAT complicated?

Secondary, not only are they dodging PROSECUTION for said crimes they were ARRESTED for, but are actually being allowed to return to PATROL DUTY, ENFORCING THE LAW!

How many messages can this POSSIBLY send to the general populace, who are being incarcerated for crap like minor drug possession?

Nah, no double standards here folks!

Unbelievable!

The two West Palm Beach Police officers arrested on charges of vandalizing two cars in a drunken rampage four months ago in Jupiter are back on patrol today, and they will not be prosecuted.

The officers, Christopher Clark, 26, and Timothy Pike, 30, aren’t out of trouble just yet. They’re still being investigated by WPBPD’s Internal Affairs on whether they broke department policies when they were arrested by Jupiter Police Sept.2.

The felony vandalism arrests came when staff from an Abacoa bar going home about 2 a.m. witnessed the off-duty lawmen ripping side-view mirrors and scratching doors of two cars in a parking garage — for no apparent reason.

According to court records, State Attorney Mike McAuliffe’s people negotiated a deal with the cops’ attorney that called for the policemen not to be prosecuted if they fulfilled two conditions: that they pay for the damages, a total $2,700 according to the incident report, and enter alcohol treatment.

The program, called “deferred prosecution,” is offered mostly to first-time offenders involved in property crimes, according to a State Attorney spokeswoman.

Full Article:

www.page2live.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

There were some kids vandalizing houses and cars around here, one of my friends saw them with the spray paint can in hand... called they cops and they did a insurance report but never even tried to investigate.

Cops are not there to protect or enforce laws was the message I received, they are there for the insurance companies...

As bad as local law enforcement can be... federal would be much worse!

new topics

join