It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be wary of the New Age religion *UFO Cults*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't usually watch TV, but these videos from the TV show UFO Files brought up some really good points. It mentions Heaven's Gate, a cult that had 39 people commit suicide to 'go to some place better'. There was also a second group who founded an academy so spaceships could come and bring them to another dimension in 2001. Sound like New Age? There are other similar philosophies as well like the 'Golden Age' and a new dimension.

Just watch the videos, it should be an enlightening experience (pun intended):

Heaven's Gate

One similar to New Age

More info and why does this happen?

My point is this: maybe we're going to be 'saved' by Aliens or 2012 or whatever. Maybe not, that's besides the point. But the best thing you can do now is live your life to the fullest and get your head out of the clouds. I'm not saying you should never have your head in the clouds, but stay grounded with this reality. Help an elderly lady cross the street, do a favor for a neighbor, hang out with friends.

Don't let yourself get drawn into this 'cult'. Yes, the Earth is not a good place right now, but there still are good/kind/nice people. You just have to look hard enough.
edit on 6-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just so we're clear on this, aliens will not come down and pile us into their ships and take us away to safety in 2012. Alien life is everywhere, is completely involved with our life, but theyre not coming to save us all for nothing. If we want any chance of them helping us out we need to quit being fearful, peacefully assemble/protest, and begin to love one another. That is the only chance for a better world. Otherwise history will repeat.

I know how ridiculous it seems, but I completely believe Jerry Wills. www.youtube.com...

We need to drop our concepts of "aliens," and how we in-vision alien life, and embrace the idea that we very well may be ranked low on the galactic - species - chain. There is life all over, in various stages of development. As time goes on science will continue to confirm this, while anybody "in the know" has known this for quite some time.

The world is indeed changing, lets make it a better one.

edit on 6-2-2011 by iversusvsversusi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the videos, I must of missed them!
Im sure there are Ufo/Alien cults but cults are everywhere and I don't believe it's a New Age thing either. We are awake to the possibilities though, maybe more so than before. We have Vampire Cults, Wiccen Cults, Religion Cults,Political Cults, KKK and many more. Just lonley people wanting to feel a part of something or they let these beliefs get into their heads and took it too far. You are absolutely right about not letting it get to you and live your life, whatever happens, happens.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You make a great point with this thread, sometimes people need to stop looking into things they'll never really find out, take a breath of fresh air, and realize reality for what it is now.

Also, at about 6:40 into the last video, Dr. Robert Ellwood puts it very well. It seems as if aliens really do serve as "technological angels" in a "technological society". Some people need a new, modernized explanation of creationism, and a more technologically advanced race serves this purpose quite perfectly.

Star and flag btw.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Personally, I think Heaven's Gate was on to something. I tend to think they achieved what they wanted. I know their ultimate method is not understood and condemned by society, but I think they had a valid path.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
Personally, I think Heaven's Gate was on to something. I tend to think they achieved what they wanted. I know their ultimate method is not understood and condemned by society, but I think they had a valid path.

They were onto something? But they all committed suicide...

Wikipedia

There are many examples of the cult adding or slightly changing their beliefs over the years. This includes modifying the way one can enter the Next Level, changing the way they describe themselves, placing more importance on the idea of Satan, and adding several other New Age concepts.

So they were Satan worshippers. 'Nuff said.
edit on 6-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

One thing is for sure, do not ever join a cult, no matter how good a person sounds. Alien disclosure will not happen in our lifes, and why should it. They control this planet already and care not for any of you period, and there is a hierarchy, so do not go selling your soul or anything, as you are in no position to make any deal with anything higher than us period.

Forget all new age stuff period also, there really is good and evil, and thats a part these people leave out and you see yourself most of them are never right.

Your on your own journey and let no one tell you the way, as they do not know either.

top topics

join