It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An article concerning Ronald Reagan's fascination with extraterrestrials.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I came across this on Salon.com doing a google news search for UFO's. It's quite critical of him but that's not my purpose in posting it. It does make me curious if he knew something we do not, I have heard of some of this before but he seemed genuinely concerned even as far as bringing it up during a cold war summit.

letters.salon.com...
edit on 6-2-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

I read that too.

I did not care for the slant they put on it, but it had some great videos in it
original clips of Reagan.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Agreed I think I will research this more later on should I get time. I had never known he alerted the Navy to a sighting and his thoughts about hieroglyphics if true.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes, thats the part that intriques me also.

One other thing to contemplate, so many levels of clearance above the President.
Wonder what he really knew, but could not say.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This info has been known since the late 80's (when he talked about the already "possible" alien presence on earth), a speech he held at the UN. This has been covered extensively on both ATS and other conspiracy sites...

No real new input in the matter with this OP, sorry to break you down like that but it's the truth.
edit on 6-2-2011 by pipconvert because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Even the mention on this subject at such an Assembly must have rattled more than a few cages

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

Well you know since I wasn't around to discuss it then I suppose it's not really relevant if it was discussed on here in the past and I would like to discuss it now so you always have to the option to go read other threads if you have nothing constructive to add to this one. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Mixing UFOs & Aids didn't really seem like a cohesive or coherent thesis to me. And the writer basically called believers "nutters" unless I didn't read it carefully enough.

Ron & Nancy were definitely New Age though. However, his statements about the nations of Earth coming together in the event of an alien attack always just seemed kind o' like a parable to make listeners more cognizant of our brother & sisterhood rather than any pre-knowledge of such a possibility.

Then again: He was pretty big on the Star Wars initiative...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson

Well you know since I wasn't around to discuss it then I suppose it's not really relevant if it was discussed on here in the past and I would like to discuss it now so you always have to the option to go read other threads if you have nothing constructive to add to this one. Just saying.

Sure, and you're always welcome to do a 5 second search (because that's all it takes really) before posting such a thing. Just saying.

Just so we're clear, you haven't added anything of value in your OP... again, just saying ;-)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I agree that to mix the two really didn't make much sense, and it could have been used as a reason to bring other nations together and if in the end it worked, be it temporarily, then I'm all for it. I personally believe life exists elsewhere and we have been visited.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well I did and nothing came up, so does it really bother you that much I made a thread about it? Am I some how ruining your day? I would hope not because that's not my intention and I'm not trying to or want to be argumentative. I got your point but it's not going to change anything unless a moderator chooses to end it and if so then so be it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well, I have to say that you disappoint me. You searched and had no results? You gotta be kidding me honestly.

Click search then type in Reagan + UFO. Look:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just saying, it's dating as far back as 2003 so please spare me that you searched and came up with nothing. Hope I didn't ruin your day, do a thorough search next time... that's all.

It's a waste of a thread in my opinion but hey, you're the OP so go nuts. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And this is my reply to you *YAWN*

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
that little clue is huge and show's the true nature of a presidents knowledge of extraterrestrials.

especially if you are not an insider. i believe there is a mirror or shadow government, an underground administration compartmentalized to deal with situation.

the president is nothing more a pied piper making sure the over world secure.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pipconvert

It's a waste of a thread in my opinion...

Is there a shortage or number limit on threads or somethin'? Ever heard the word "malcontent" associated with yourself?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I was thinking the same thing and apparently they missed my reply about getting their point, but some members absolutely cannot let some things go and some how always have to try and get the last word even after pointing out that I understand what they were trying to get across.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I agree with this also, if it's known I would agree that it goes beyond the president, who knows who they are though.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That only proves Reagan didn't know the ET UFO space ships were actually Tesla space ships.
Stands to reason the illuminati should keep on fooling the president along with everyone else.
People might get wise.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The reason why I think Reagan was talking about a battle with aliens at this time is because the alien battle at Dulce really happened in 1979 and he was aware of it. What a truth that would be.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sure would love to hear more about reagans sightings....
Perhaps he was trying to turn the worlds heads without getting too explicit.
reagan always struck me as a guy for the little people.
I think it is possible he could have played the fool to get the message out.
hey i have alzhiemers, so i can say what i want and still be loyal enough to be let ut to pasture witout being assassinated.
His hints about the alien presence already among us WTF?
that was uncanny.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join