It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Fortune Cookie fortunes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I know this is probably in the wrong section, and for that I'm sorry. Not really a conspiracy I guess just creepy. My family and I ate at a new Chinese restaurant and got the cookies there. Well I'm the only one that will eat them and all 3 were kind of creepy fortunes. The first on I opened was this one: The smart thing is to prepare for the unexpected. The second one was this: Your first choice is wisest to follow in the coming month. The third one said this: Soon, you all will receive bad news.
We still have a few more and I'm debating on opening them to see if I should look at them. I'm not paranoid or anything just thought it was amusing and kind of creepy I thought they were all suppose to have good fortunes in them.

(Mod's or who ever can move this, because I really did think I put it in the wrong section, probably should be in skunk works I think.)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Those things are always kind of weird, i would not worry too much. Is your life good or bad, and either way try to avoid thinking about those things. You really should not bother with them, and it shows that it brings something into you, or your existence.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
signs my friend.. an old saying is that nothing happens by accident.. i always beleive it when its unconditional. meaning you dont go opening 100 cookies to find the scary ones.. they present themselves at the very most random timing and somehow relates your life in a way..

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You should have opened the forth one and found out what the bad news was.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wongy

Its called synchronicity.

But what the op is describing you should not feed it. What ever happens happens, but you need to not feed it with energy if you get me.

I have had alot of synchronicity in my life, and you do have to be careful how you rationalise it.

We live, and we die, is the best option, for people to approach life, but being alone i can feel like that, maybe for you people with families, your attitude is different.
edit on 2/6/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i always take these things serious. if it gives you "the feeling" then you know there COULD be something to it... I guess we all know bad things are coming. I would pay attention to the 1st two. Especially the one about following your 1st thought... Kinda how your 1st thought about those cookies was that somethin was up... Now the only thing to figure out is what does it mean by "prepare"? I don`t know what cataclysm to prepare for... i guess moving to a mountaintop would be the most difficult (for me), and stocking the closets with food and water and defensive materials (plywood, nails, hammer to cover windows, with looking holes to look/shoot through, and guns, and a few people) would be the easiest. If a food shortage and government collapse is all we have to worry about, that would be best. If the world crumbles and cracks apart, I almost don`t see a point in stocking up more than a months worth, but would then be spending my time learning how to live on the go, learning technicaal things abourt radios, vehicles, etc...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't know how to embed this... But it could have been:
reply to post by Jedite

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They didn't really freak me out it just kind of caught me off guard. I always thought fortunes were suppose to be good like you will receive good news or go on a fun trip not warn of doom and gloom. Plus I kind of found them ironic considering what is going on in the world and what not. I won't take them to seriously but I'm already planning and preparing before I got them, just wanted to show even the little cookies are predicting something bad.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

That would of been funny if I got one of those, but I thought the doom and gloom was kind of fitting. Just funny how the first 3 I opened are all kinda warnings, still got 3 or 4 more to open.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Creepiest fortune cookie ever-
"Help! I'm a prisoner in a Chinese cookie factory".

It had to be posted. I fgured I might as well be the one.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What a coincidence. We ordered Chinese in last night and got 3 cookies in our bag. The first two were your every-day cutesy type fortune-cookie fortunes. The third was mine. It said, "Trust your instincts. You're going to need them soon." *creepy* lol It's a piece of paper inside of a cookie that tastes like paper. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

I spend too much time on this site, I know that much.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

dude you ARE being paranoid, these things are not written for you personally. they are written to be vague and apply to everyone.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ah yes the proverbial fortune cookie. The best one so far is the one stating "that wasn't chicken". However, ate at a Chinese restaurant and had what was reported to be chicken but wasn't but didn't know it at the time. Received an email from a friend showing them preparing rats at a restaurant in China. Didn't think much of it until I noticed the writing on the gas bottle used for cooking. It was the same city and company I lived in and got gas from! Looked closer at the picture and HAY... that was the same restaurant that I had "the chicken" at
!!! Yep, it wasn't chicken
BTW if they are serving "fragrant" meat, its dog.

In China you don't get a fortune cookie with your meal
, I rather like them
. OP I wouldn't worry about it and as another poster pointed out, there meant to apply to just about anyone.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
We still have a few more and I'm debating on opening them to see if I should look at them. I'm not paranoid or anything just thought it was amusing and kind of creepy I thought they were all suppose to have good fortunes in them.

Honestly I always thought that was the conspiracy. The fact that when you go to a buffet or something the fortunes you recieve in the cookie is usually very generic with no variations. All a little 2 positive if you get my drift.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

You should be ok, unless you ate at a Chinese restaurant in the Twilight Zone:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The fortune cookie was invented in California by an expatriate Japanese Baron:

Baron Makoto Hagiwara,
the Creator of 'Fortune Cookie'.

The meanings of the 'fortunes' are discussed here: omikuji

edit on 6-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

top topics