It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going cold turkey off of Muslims and Islam. I'm done with it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by gladtobehere

TPTB always need a boogeyman to instill fear as a mechanism for control.

Yeah, "TPTB" did a real good job making all those islamics beat, mutilate and murder their women because the women wanted to learn to drive or get a college degree.

And "TPTB" makes them walk up and down their streets numbered in the tens of thousands chanting "death to the infidel" (meaning of course you, me and anybody else that is different from them).

"TPTB" really went to the mat getting those islamics and their "muslim brotherhood" team up with adoph hitler back in the '30s when they started planning the murder of the jews in earnest.

yup your so right tptb created religion to control AND divide . Well pointed out ! Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Originally posted by MMPI2

TPTB always need a boogeyman to instill fear as a mechanism for control.

Yeah, "TPTB" did a real good job making all those islamics beat, mutilate and murder their women because the women wanted to learn to drive or get a college degree.

And "TPTB" makes them walk up and down their streets numbered in the tens of thousands chanting "death to the infidel" (meaning of course you, me and anybody else that is different from them).

"TPTB" really went to the mat getting those islamics and their "muslim brotherhood" team up with adoph hitler back in the '30s when they started planning the murder of the jews in earnest.

I'd have to agree.

If I had to choose its roots, Id say it began with the overthrow of the Democratically elected leader of Iran via Operation Ajax. Of-course from these humble beginnings, TPTB then installed and armed another brutal dictator, Saddam. Only to turn around and sell weapons to their new enemy in Iran so they could fund the overthrow of yet another government in South America, revealed to us through the Iran-Contra scandal. Subsequent to this, they then armed and funded their ally Osama and created Al-Qaeda. Only to be followed by all out military invasions and occupations of the same nations whose dictators they installed: Iraq and Afghanistan. They're a busy bunch.

As far as the "beating, mutilating and murdering of women because of their desire to be educated", though disgusting, it should bear mentioning that these incidents occur among less than 1% of the entire Muslim population, which is far less than 15 million individuals or 1% out of a population of 1.5 billion. In the past 10 years, I think Ive read about a hundred incidents? Lets even say a thousand. Incredibly tiny percentage used to generalize about an enormously large and diverse group, the usual establishment M.O.

Chanting demonstrators. Id say thats not an atypical reaction to decades of life under foreign installed dictators and military bombardments followed by occupation.

Dont really have an opinion on the Muslim Brotherhood. They dont affect my life in the slightest. However, I did read an article about them in the American Thinker, the main source for which is Matthias Kuntzel, a Jewish political scientist at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

Nice to see that the OP has chosen to see past all of this. I guess thats why we're on ATS. As the motto would suggest, we're here to "deny ignorance".

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

HA...dont forget the words of the great prophet...onion bahji

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here is an idea. Let's stop sending money and aid of any kind to the mid-east other than any money as part of commerce which should not discriminate based on country. stop giving people of the region access to our country, via immigration,that they hate so much. We should not care what goes on over there and take a hands off approach. Stop importing their brand of hatred and religious fervor.

I too my friend and sick of it, but until we get a belly full and really let our politicians know how we feel, we can only expect more of the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You've been watching too much of FOX and other media outlets that have snarled at Al Jazeera because they have most viewers and their ratings have jumped through the roof for covering the full story of the revolution in Egypt.

Iranians are not Arabs and Egyptians are not Iranian. Keep in mind a majority of Egyptians are Sunni and a majority of Iranians are Shi'ites.

Time will tell what the outcome of Egypt's revolution will be but don't expect a magic wand or a miracle over night, it will take a couple of years to see any real light at the end of the tunnel.

I know the Egyptian people reasonably well, I know their general mentality. They don't like extremists and although they are not without them (name a country anywhere in the world that does'nt have them?), they are a very tiny minority. The Egyptians are not interested in any regional war; they just want change for the better - of themselves and their nation.

The Egyptians will decide their fate, they will reap what they sow for better or worse; either way great change is coming to that region and it's not another Iran or Southern Lebanon.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

When I see posts like this, my brain vomits a little bit.

I am so completely, utterly sick of seeing posts on ATS that treat Muslims as some special case of evil. ATS members will raise a stink about anything if a Muslim does it, and they won't care about the same thing when a nonmuslim does it. They also come up with awful, threadbare, or just plain repetitive justifications for their relentless crusade of ignorance. I am sick of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
villain du juor overload. i hope it catches on.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Good for radical islam.

People like you are proof that their plan is working.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm sorry to push a pin in your paranoia bubble, but how is this the work of Islamists? Unless I am mistaken, almost everyone on ATS is non Muslim, almost everyone in the english-speaking news media is nonmuslim. How are Islamists the ones bombarding us with this?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wise decision. Not that many people really have that particular phobia and/or agenda anyway. The ones who do are just very loud and tend to suck others in as they spread it. Best course of action all around

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Imo religion was created by tptb , They invented a story and adapted it to fit in more with each race . Our ancestors were duped then and we have continued fighting over which form of enslavement is better up to today .
There are good points in all religions but the strife is caused by the negative aspects

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

If vegas was taking bets, would you lay money on a democratic egypt or an islamist one? My money, and I would feel it to be a very safe bet, would be on islamist.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm sorry to push a pin in your paranoia bubble, but how is this the work of Islamists? Unless I am mistaken, almost everyone on ATS is non Muslim, almost everyone in the english-speaking news media is nonmuslim. How are Islamists the ones bombarding us with this?

Just as sorry to have tweaked your "appeasement is good" nerve.

How is this the work of islamists (terrorists)?

Their terror attacks bombard your senses until you start raising both your hands - or place your hands over your eyes and ears - and scream, "No mas!".

Then you try retreating into your own little world and try telling yourself that it doesn't mean anything to your world and won't.

Every Time they convince another one of you to give up and hide, they get a little closer to winning, and you and your families get a little closer to either praying to mecca or being dead.
edit on 2/6/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A majority of Egyptians obviously are Muslim but don't let that stop the Egyptians from creating the very first fully democratic nation in the Middle East!!!

Muslims first brought democracy to Spain in the Golden Years of Islam so it's not impossible.

This is 2011 and anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

When I see posts like this, my brain vomits a little bit.

I am so completely, utterly sick of seeing posts on ATS that treat Muslims as some special case of evil. ATS members will raise a stink about anything if a Muslim does it, and they won't care about the same thing when a nonmuslim does it. They also come up with awful, threadbare, or just plain repetitive justifications for their relentless crusade of ignorance. I am sick of it.
A "special evil"? Well, let's check.
1) What other major religion calls for female genital mutilation?
2) What other major religion permits, if not encourages, beating of your wife so long as it is not in the face?
3) What other major religion has "honor killings?
4) What other major religion hands their young people suicide vests?
5) What other major religion calls for the spread of said religion by the sword?
6) What other major religion kills members who choose to leave said religion?
7) What other major religion chops the heads of of infidels?
8) What other major religion forces their women to cover up completely from head to toe except for eyeslits?
9) What other major religion..... well, I think you get the picture

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Their terror attacks bombard your senses until you start raising both your hands - or place your hands over your eyes and ears - and scream, "No mas!".

May I be so bold as to ask what attacks?
I am an American. I have witnessed no terrorist attacks myself in America. I have seen the media play one in particular into the ground but that was still the media bringing it to me. I was not there. I must be missing all these other ones that are making people cower into Stockholm. Elucidate.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
This is 2011 and anything is possible.
Anything is possible, this is true. However some things are SO MUCH MORE LIKELY as to be an almost certainty.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by centurion1211

May I be so bold as to ask what attacks?
I am an American. I have witnessed no terrorist attacks myself in America. I have seen the media play one in particular into the ground but that was still the media bringing it to me. I was not there. I must be missing all these other ones that are making people cower into Stockholm. Elucidate.

Weeellllllll..........

Let me remind you of these that you may have forgotten -

Nidal Hasan - Muslim Fort Hood Mass Killer

John Allen Muhammed - Wash DC Muslim Jihadist Killer

American Jihadists - A Long list of Muslim-American Killers

I will also direct your attention to this map:

American Terror Map

And this website:

terroracts.com

Before you start whining about how there are "American terrorists" just as bad as "islamic terrorists", I will just point out that, as a group, and when considering relative success, the islamics are by far the worst of the bunch.

As a general (but very applicable rule) remember this:

"Not all islamic folks are terrorists, but all terrorists are islamic."

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You will just have to wait and see what transpires in the coming year; only one of us will be wrong and I'm optimistic for a number of reasons...perhaps 4 months there, you kinda learn more about the Egyptians than behind a keyboard on the other side of the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

As far as the "beating, mutilating and murdering of women because of their desire to be educated", though disgusting, it should bear mentioning that these incidents occur among less than 1% of the entire Muslim population, which is far less than 15 million individuals or 1% out of a population of 1.5 billion.

I'd be interested to see where you got those figures. I have seen with my own eyes entire villages where a huge majority of the women have some sort of facial or hand disfigurement inflicted by a man who was displeasured by them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join