It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going cold turkey off of Muslims and Islam. I'm done with it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick to death of all the talk, analysis, predictions, concerns, hopes, dreams, questions, history and even jokes related to Islam and Muslims. I'm suffering from a complete case of Muslim fatigue and this will be my last comment on this lousy business until I at least partially recover.

From this day forward I will not discuss anything having to do with Islam/Muslims with anyone. I will not read anything regarding Islam/Muslims. I won't watch TV/listen to radio when issues related to Islam/Muslims are being discussed. I will eat no food from a predominately Muslim country as it could possibly cause my mind, which I endeavor to be totally void of all things Muslim to have a Muslim thought, however scant it might be. I will listen to no Muslim music, nor read any literature written by a Muslim author.

I am sick of the idiocy of it all, sick of the hand wringing "Oh, I hope they don't kill us all, lets not anger them". "It is totally reasonable that those Muslim children should be exempt from music and PE. Why, afterall, they're Muslim!"

It is all foolishness it is also really simple if you have the honesty to admit it.

The tool who wants to go to court to have his kids exempted from music and PE because they are Muslim and the tool who calls the cops on his Austrian neighbor and complains about his yodling and all of these other bogus deals are small tears at the fabric of society.

The gent who runs into a crowd and blows himself up is tearing the fabric of society, albiet at a massively larger scale.

All of this is about tearing apart western society. It is purposeful and everyone knows it. We know it, yet we continue to talk, analyze, predict, listen, read, ect on the topic.

I am waiting with anticipation to begin this awesome journey of being a person who will strike the very though of Muslims/Islam from every and all aspects of my life.

Here I go!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What you need to do is put on some Cat Stevens and chill.

Oh wait...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Though I am a bit confused as of the purpose of your thread I must still say that I think you are doing the very best thing about this "issue".

Let people think and believe what they want. Just leave them to it and let's not bother about it no more.
There wasn't a problem until someone said it was.

Remeber that everytime you waste energy to these things that piss you off, "they" win and you lose.
Don't give 'em the chance to put you down.

You are making a wise choice.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I would have to say I'm feeling the same way lately, but hadn't given the cold turkey approach any thought. I find that I'm becoming irritated when they talk about middle east issues on TV and show people ranting in Arabic or even the voice over English commentary. I want to be aware of world events, but its just too much middle east input lately.

I find it ironic that you made this post, because now you have to ignore it!

edit on 6-2-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last comment

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
That's them! That's...THE WARRIORS! They shot Cyrus...

The Warriors did it. The Warriors did it!

Sure they did.

It isn't Muslims you are sick of. It is zionists. Open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
What you need to do is put on some Cat Stevens and chill.

Oh wait...

Legendary!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

It isn't Muslims you are sick of. It is zionists. Open your eyes.

Hey, nice to see you've bought into a truckload of propaganda.

Here's one for you:

You should be sick and wary of BOTH Zionists and Islamic fundamentalists(ps. there's more of these than they let know - something with delusional people - who'd have figured?)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So, instead of "denying ignorance" we're at "ignore" issues?

I'd like to wish this away as well. But it's going to happen whether you participate or not. Who knows, maybe you'd been the one to solve all the problems with just a few statements.
New ideas.
New approaches.

But hey, it's a free world, right? You gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
I will eat no food from a predominately Muslim country as it could possibly cause my mind, which I endeavor to be totally void of all things Muslim to have a Muslim thought, however scant it might be.

No curry????

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You need to chill and watch a muhammed ali fight on tv ..... oh wait !

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

Originally posted by dolphinfan
I will eat no food from a predominately Muslim country as it could possibly cause my mind, which I endeavor to be totally void of all things Muslim to have a Muslim thought, however scant it might be.

No curry????

Curry, Britains favourite meal , how ironic

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think maybe the point of this thread is that all this crap should be a non-issue. By paying attention to it you are playing into the hands of those who make it an issue, and spreading the ignorance.

First and foremost, Muslims, along with people from all other religions, are HUMAN BEINGS. For the most part they get on with their lives and don't cause trouble for others. Yes there are idiots who want to enforce their beliefs onto others, in ALL religions (and even non-religious groups and organisations of all types). We are all different, people should respect this.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So youre done with the endless propaganda and the Muslim boogeyman agenda. Bravo.

Better yet, familiarize yourself with history. TPTB always need a boogeyman to instill fear as a mechanism for control. Yesterday it was Communism. Today its the Muslims. Tomorrow it will be...aliens?

Going forward you will be more prepared to see past the fear and control agenda.

edit on 6-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hear Hear Glad and Fire , It is sad to see so many people being divided because of poor ms media in this country . Im glad to see you two know who your enemy really is .

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
When I have gotten to the point that it is BS and too much, going bush and getting away from it all is the best thing. All the fluff falls away in the quite and and disconnecting from the deluge helps take things back to what is important.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I'm assuming this has alot to do with whats going on in Egypt.

I feel sad for you. I have been watching live stream Al Jazeera since the start of these demonstrations that turned in to a Revolution of pro-democracy by a majority of the population of Egypt. If you had access to the live feed and watched it and listened to the common man on the streets of Egypt, you'll see this is NOT like the revolution of Iran. The Egyptian people are not Iranian, these are simple people with hopes and dreams just like us in the Western world who have united as ONE regardless of religious denomination demanding freedom from oppression, freedom from corruption, to have free and open democratic elections, economic reforms to improve their lives, more jobs, equality in the workplace and universities, free education to those who can't afford it etc etc.

In Egypt under Mubarak, you dare not question his authority for fear of arrest. Under Mubarak's regrime of 30 years thousands of people who dare stand up to Mubarak are rounded up and arrested; most are arrested and simply just vanish off the face of the planet. All Govt jobs are placed among those only with favor among friends and family of Mubarak and his cabinet and top officials. 60% of Egyptians are poor and unemployed, barely able to even put 3 very basic meals on the table for family members, can not afford schooling, live in squalor without the bare necessities living off $2.00 a day to feed, clothe and put a roof over their heads.

Mubarak's own personal wealth stands at close to USD $40B and his family's wealth at no less than USD $70B scattered among US, British and European banks; some it through Mubarak's family "winning" large Govt contracts and no doubt he's been skimming off US and EU funding that goes in to the many USD billions. Mubarak's cabinet and top officials including Intelligence, Police and military chiefs are also corrupt, even more corrupt than the Italian mafia and wealthy drug lords.

Egypt is the gateway to the Middle East; what goes on there affects the intire region. If Egypt becomes a truely democratic nation, this will aspire other Middle eastern nations to follow. In my view, Egypt has the potential to see greatness again and I see it's future as the main hub for trade and commerce in the Middle East. What it does'nt want in the sceme of things is foreign bank lenders looting their wealth or corporations treating their workers like slaves and big pharma using their citizens like guinea pigs. They want self determination, a sense of pride, be independant, to provide better for themselves and their families.

The Egyptians deserve a better life, they deserve our full support. So let's be positive. Egyptians are real people, they too have dreams and inspirations no different to any other Westerner.

You get to know the Egyptians and I can tell you they are among the most hospitable people of earth.
edit on 6-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: none

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Sorry, but Egypt will not become democratic. The muslim brotherhood will turn it into the next iran.

As for sticking your head in the sand and ignoring all things muslim/islam, a wise man once said "the only thing required for evil to win is for good men to do nothing". Prepare for dhimmitude then my friend.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

TPTB always need a boogeyman to instill fear as a mechanism for control.

Yeah, "TPTB" did a real good job making all those islamics beat, mutilate and murder their women because the women wanted to learn to drive or get a college degree.

And "TPTB" makes them walk up and down their streets numbered in the tens of thousands chanting "death to the infidel" (meaning of course you, me and anybody else that is different from them).

"TPTB" really went to the mat getting those islamics and their "muslim brotherhood" team up with adoph hitler back in the '30s when they started planning the murder of the jews in earnest.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

since when was curry a muslim food???

How can food be religous..?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

since when was curry a muslim food???

How can food be religous..?

I worship the holy Chicken Bhuna and omnipresent Pilau Rice .
ps great curries up here thats for sure

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join