It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

message to earthlings from vrillon of the ashtar galactic command....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Also.. the video of course is not real.
Not just the subtitles but any of it.
I don't think there was tape or audio recorded of it, many news agencies kept getting the audio wrong.
Also the interruption was only audio, not visual at all.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Kind of sucks there's no footage of the actual thing. But is the audio in this possibly real?

reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Yes, it was open to wireless intrusion from a close distance, but that doesn't mean it was easy. As I've been saying, it's possible this could have been hoaxed but it's unconfirmed whether it actually was or not.

At that time, the Hannington UHF transmitter was unusual in being one of the few transmitters which rebroadcast an off-air signal received from another transmitter, rather than being fed directly by a landline. As a consequence it was open to this kind of signal intrusion, as even a relatively low-powered transmission very close to the transmitter could overwhelm its reception of the intended signal, resulting in the unauthorised transmission being amplified and rebroadcast across a far wider area. The IBA stated that to carry out the hoax would take "a considerable amount of technical know-how" [4] and a spokesman for Southern Television confirmed that "A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it." [2]

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by gortex

Its funny, because those links you give, dont show WHY it was a hoax. It just is? Tell me why this was a hoax (I myself, believe it to be a hoax) but you still need to show better proof of why

Again..It's a HOAX!! For your info...

Southern Television broadcast interruption hoax

At that time, the Hannington UHF transmitter was unusual in being one of the few transmitters which rebroadcast an off-air signal received from another transmitter, rather than being fed directly by a landline. As a consequence it was open to this kind of signal intrusion, as even a relatively low-powered transmission very close to the transmitter could overwhelm its reception of the intended signal, resulting in the unauthorised transmission being amplified and rebroadcast across a far wider area.

The IBA stated that to carry out the hoax would take "a considerable amount of technical know-how" and a spokesman for Southern Television confirmed that "A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it."

End of story. Case closed. QED!

Edit to add: Oh damn! WhizPhiz beat me to it!!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Yes, it was open to wireless intrusion from a close distance, but that doesn't mean it was easy. As I've been saying, it's possible this could have been hoaxed but it's unconfirmed whether it actually was or not.

Here comes the part where you deny ignorance.

So you can't find a credible person to tell you what to think about this event that could be a hoax or not(according to you)? TIME TO THINK FOR YOURSELF!

First step: Motives - follow the money.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Was this proven hoax or did more people decide it was a hoax than real? I

people decided it was a hoax... wasnt proven

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

This ashtar command, galactic federation, light workers, etc ad nauseam , has turn into a cult following and I'm sure ha$ made $ome $eriou$ ca$h for $omeone.
Well I didn't hear anything about the galactic federation or light workers. I've never once wasted any money on some conspiracy, especially not an alien related one. I haven't even bought any alien related books, everything you need is on the internet. If you think the whole alien galactic federation thing spawned because of this one video and it's super-genius creator you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Misterlondon

Interesting how this happened in England and the "Alien" has an English accent .
I would expect an alien with the capability to travel the vast reaches of space would be able to interfere with our basic TV system well enough to either get a decent sound lock or maybe even a video transmission .
I think the Looney Tunes music at the end was quite apt

i wouldnt say that is a clear english accent.. it is to distorted to make out any accent.

i have to admit the looney tunes music at the end is funny..

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by gortex

Its funny, because those links you give, dont show WHY it was a hoax. It just is? Tell me why this was a hoax (I myself, believe it to be a hoax) but you still need to show better proof of why

Again..It's a HOAX!! For your info...

Southern Television broadcast interruption hoax

At that time, the Hannington UHF transmitter was unusual in being one of the few transmitters which rebroadcast an off-air signal received from another transmitter, rather than being fed directly by a landline. As a consequence it was open to this kind of signal intrusion, as even a relatively low-powered transmission very close to the transmitter could overwhelm its reception of the intended signal, resulting in the unauthorised transmission being amplified and rebroadcast across a far wider area.

The IBA stated that to carry out the hoax would take "a considerable amount of technical know-how" and a spokesman for Southern Television confirmed that "A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it."

End of story. Case closed. QED!

Edit to add: Oh damn! WhizPhiz beat me to it!!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

if something strange did happen that night, and if the goverment are covering up intelligent alien life then they would come up with a cover story.. im only saying if..

so its not really case closed, you havent proven anything except quote a wikki page which is highly unreliable.. you have to at least produce some real evidence before you can declare to the world that a story is a hoax..

case still open

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Regarding the GFL Hoaxers

Originally posted by Springer
Effective now, ATS will not tolerate anymore threads about the hoaxers who seek to promote their book sales or DVD sales by exposing their urls to our vast membership/guest traffic.

I have trashed the latest new thread and suggest those who wish to discuss this "phenomena"
use the existing threads on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your cooperation.

Springer...

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join