It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we ever agree on one god??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As civilization and technology have advanced we seem to have fewer and fewer Gods. I speculate that when we reach ZERO Gods we will make over the threshold and might become an intelligent species.

As IronDogg indicates, what you see is what you get, here and now. Utilize and take care of the place you live. All that can be left of you are memories. Try to avoid future generations thinking of you with hate and contempt and hope perhaps they will have some small gratitude that you left them a reasonably livable planet and place in the Universe.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by slank]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
How does our society evolve? The phenomenon of our consciousness is a self ordered and governed thing.

Our godhead is real, and it is over the entire conciousness of our race, and it is wonderfully open to advancement by ourselves into it.

Such is the liberty granted to men that they might attain godhood themselves, having the understanding and the power of godhood, which most men will not ever see at all. A degree of immortality may be attained for no cost at all, by the devotion to higher princiapls than can be acquired by the bodily senses. Those are the only things that endure past the flesh, therefore the wise soul places his awareness among them, and becomes harmonious with that level of intellect, casting away the material and the ignorant.

Such persons are exalted beings on the earth, are attended by the beautiful and the good, beloved by the meek and the kind, and delivered from all harm by the influence of the Greater Spheres.

Arky

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Posted by AF1:

As long as man exists, he will continue to create gods.

B.S. I know it sounds like a cliche, but man created religion, not God. I bet you think you're edgy/out there and sooo offensive and original by saying something like that. You're not. I also agree that many Gods of different religions are described similarly. I was just having a discussion about this with my friend from work the other day. The one thing that is different though is the profits. Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad.. Their teachings very enough to become seperate religions. I'm going on vacation for in about 4 hours for 10 days so I might not be able to get access to the internet until I get home. If I don't reply, that's why.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join