It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's war on American energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

That was no fabrication, it was an actual audio of what he had already stated.

I know this is by Alex Jones and he likes to fabricate stories a little bit and is quite a sensationalist. But this seemed very factual, honest, and scary.

www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

S+F!!!!!!
I don't think obama is stupid. I don't think that things are "just the way they are". I see a future where power plants become federalized. Where paying our FICA, SS, et all will also include a energy fee taken before we even see our pay checks.
Going off the grid won't be an option either. Heck, they're now fining people that grow their own food in their own gardens.

I see dark days, and hopefully light, when people finally have had enough. We need to wake the sleeping giant. The Tea Party was a start. But we need to keep the movement from the halls of DC and in the main streets of USA.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Actually Obama does not just want to federalize electricity and that is it. He has made it clear with his own laws, NOT PASSED BY CONGRESS, and enforced by the EPA, that his friends will get a pass when it comes to any laws and regulations pertaining to environmental regulation. What does that mean? It means corporations like Shell and GE will be handed the monopolization of electricity and will be able to manipulate the market and raise prices while at the same time ration electricity and raise electric bills thus chasing off any potential investors in America such as those who will actually open a business here rather than in China.

It is the absolute concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the international elite, in cooperation with the Kyoto Protocol not even passed by the Congress yet enforced by the EPA. Funny how America is implementing all these rules and regulations to "stop/slow down global warming" yet allows China and India to build as many new power plants as possible.

It is basically the de-industrialization and removal of energy from the United States once and for all under the guise of saving the planet.

If this could be proven true, and it is pretty close to be being so, then it is pretty official that Obama is committing active treason against the United States.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The way i see it, with GE (Imholt) (spelling?) in the White House, it's pretty much federalized already.

As for treason? We'd need someone with the stones already in DC to announce charges. Until they accidently shot themselves in the back of the head, or fell off a building.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hey, something has to be done to shake people from their fantasy of energy both coming without a cost to the environment and our pockets. Think it's going to stay forever available at the rate we're going?.

Action is clearly not coming from the people being responsible and making wise choices and being innovative. And it's clearly not coming from the powerful lobbies with a vested interest in not doing something about it?

For anyone who doesn't "like" this, what's your alternative solutions? Let's hear them..And simply saying there's not a problem isn't an answer. Because there clearly is.

And, finally, as usual, this "noise" about the steps that need to be taken and attempts to take them is not coming from the real majority, but from only the few who just don't like a damn thing about this administration, who are at least trying to open a dialog and throw ideas out there, and don't like government in general. Don't like their ideas? Again, let's hear yours. When you oppose steps to progress by shutting down the dialog realize that you also support those who are attempting to prevent it for their own gain, exactly what you claim the other "side" is doing.

Silly people.
edit on 2/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Hey, something has to be done to shake people from their fantasy of energy both coming without a cost to the environment and our pockets. Think it's going to stay forever available at the rate we're going?.

Action is clearly not coming from the people being responsible and making wise choices and being innovative. And it's clearly not coming from the powerful lobbies with a vested interest in not doing something about it?

For anyone who doesn't "like" this, what's your alternative solutions? Let's hear them..And simply saying there's not a problem isn't an answer. Because there clearly is.

And, finally, as usual, this "noise" about the steps that need to be taken and attempts to take them is not coming from the real majority, but from only the few who just don't like a damn thing about this administration, who are at least trying to open a dialog and throw ideas out there, and don't like government in general. Don't like their ideas? Again, let's hear yours. When you oppose steps to progress by shutting down the dialog realize that you also support those who are attempting to prevent it for their own gain, exactly what you claim the other "side" is doing.

Silly people.
edit on 2/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

1. Drill. Get off OPEC and get on Alaska.
2. Coal driven power plants are the straw-men for this administration. Open them up. Allow other companies to enter into the monopoly.
3. Get rid of cap and trade. It's a money-making ponzi scheme brought to you by Gore.

And those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure smarter people have even better answers.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Those are short term solutions to maintain the status quo. Making real change is going to take some sacrifice. Other countries have done it. We can't even get off OPEC oil, never mind lessen our dependence on oil in general because we have too much pissy infighting. Besides that I think you're missing my whole point about these alarmist big mouths who 1. don't like any progress and 2. make their living from either getting you riled up with half truths and exaggerations or from the old way of doing things. That's damaging to the national dialog, and inhibitor to real progress, and a disservice to everyone.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Then do all of them AND to solar, nuclear, wind, geo-thermal, heck do more! Magnetic, psychic!

I don't care. Just do something. Doing nothing, making promises, inhibiting actual plants is not a solution. Do all of them.

But dammit! Do something. If we could harness the bs out of DC then we'd have no need of OPEC or coal.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Innovation is whats required. Something the USA used to be good at.

Using oil to power vehicles and infrastructure is massive 'bullet in own head' style stupidity. Oil is essential for so many chemical processes in manufacturing that to send it up in a cloud of smoke is barking mad.

People need to get off the 'need more fossil fuels' idea and into the 'replace fossil fuels' idea.

I'll admit the green movement have screwed this debate with their farting around with solar and windmills. Neither of these things will do the job and 'green' doesn't have to be riding a bike eating quorn.

I place my bet on Polywell fusion. The Navy is currently funding research into this. The most recent contract for a large prototype unit was placed in 2009. If they follow the plan in that tender they should be near the end of the demonstration now and into planning for an effective net power producing unit. Its the ideal power plant for ships/subs. Would scale up equally to large civilian plant. Zero emissions. Zero waste product. No risk of uncontrolled reactions.

That takes care of base load power generation.

For vehicles we need a zero emissions synthetic substitute for gasoline. Something existing engines can be converted to work with but which can be manufactured rather than dug out of the ground. Just so happens thats been invented too in the UK.

www.cellaenergy.com...

The future can echo to the sound of cleanly operating V8s if we want it to. Thats what innovation can do.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It does look like the grip on free energy technologies are weakening. A university in Italy has released a cold fusion unit, there is still some patent issues on exactly how it works but it does look like it is gearing up for mass production. Units to supplement petrol with H2O2 are available online. There have been many stories of people running their cars on water and very heavy handed techniques to suppress other technologies for a very long time. What J.P. Morgan done to Nicolas Tesla is just one of many examples. Power has been more about control than potential, hopefully these days are nearing an end.

top topics

join