It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims, what do you do if your children want to convert?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Having read so many posts about Muslims wanting special treatment in their host countries, where they seem determined not to fit in, I have a few questions for Muslims.

Firstly, let me say that I have nothing against Muslims.

I obviously hate terrorists. But I realise that most Muslims are not terrorists.

But what makes me really angry is the fact that a lot of Muslims are given a hospitable welcome in foreign countries, having run away from their own countries, but they will not let their children integrate into those countries.

This is damaging to your children as well as being offensive to your host country, as well as promoting yet more hatred.

So I would really like to know what you would do if, for example, your child renounces your religion, or wants to marry a non-believer, or wants to break other Muslim laws?

I would also like to know why you can't give your kids a chance in their new country.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Depending how devout the family is, they may try to kill them for trying to convert and to restore family "honor". I read a book called "Islam and Terrorism" written by an Egyptian man who converted from Islam to Christianity. His own father tried to murder him for doing so. It forced him to leave Egypt and change his name among other things.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

kill them duh

2nd

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Yes,

And it is time for those Muslims who have been FORTUNATE to move to more enlightened countries to stop these hateful practices.

Otherwise, I would say, move back to your own oppressive country.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think it is punishable by death, because it brings shame on the family.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If I were more adept at computers I would post a clip of Achmed the Dead Terrorist sYing "I kill you!"

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So tell me. Do you expect an answer from one of the... two, three? Muslims on ATS?

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Having read so many posts about Muslims wanting special treatment in their host countries, where they seem determined not to fit in, I have a few questions for Muslims.

Firstly, let me say that I have nothing against Muslims.

I obviously hate terrorists. But I realise that most Muslims are not terrorists.

But what makes me really angry is the fact that a lot of Muslims are given a hospitable welcome in foreign countries, having run away from their own countries, but they will not let their children integrate into those countries.

This is damaging to your children as well as being offensive to your host country, as well as promoting yet more hatred.

So I would really like to know what you would do if, for example, your child renounces your religion, or wants to marry a non-believer, or wants to break other Muslim laws?

I would also like to know why you can't give your kids a chance in their new country.

Ah. I guess not.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hi young people,

A joke etc.

I hope you can work this whole thing out, because I certainly can't.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Hi,

I just wanted to bring this problem to people's attention.

Do I expect a coherent reply?

No.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

cat, you have your answer. It is punishable by death. Heck, my son went baptsist and I was almost chased out of my own house by some religious folks (BTW, episcopalian. It's catholic lite, same religion, half the guilt).

This is a very unforgiving religion. Very strict in what to eat, what to wear, when to pray, how to pray, what to say, how to act.

edit on 6-2-2011 by beezzer because: trypo

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Hi there, Cat.

This is ATS. We really aren't lacking for "ISLAM BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!" threads. In fact they make up roughly 2/3 of all threads that don't involve flying saucers. Even threads that have nothing to do with Muslims, Islam, the Middle East, or what have you, are frequently commandeered by people who go "OMFG MUSLIMS ARE TERRIBLE AND HORRIBLE!" You could be discussing the superiority of great Danes to great Pyrenees, and some schmuck will come in just to tell you that Muslims don't usually own dogs, and that this clearly makes them worthless, terrible people.

In fact, several of your current respondents are the prime engineers of this behavior. They just go into an orgasmic apoplexy whenever they can inform the world of how all Muslims are terrible, bestial creatures. At least one of them never posts anything but

I guess what I'm saying is that you're not really making anyone "aware" of a god damned thing. Everything you've said, has been said a hundred times before, and will be repeated a hundred times more. Your thread is pointless, redundant, and quite frankly rather bigoted. it purports to ask Muslims a question, when I'm sure you know full well it's going to attract nothing but the site's resident Islamophobes, which has rather predictable effect of preventing any actual Muslims from wanting to bother with what you've said; not that htye need so, since your question was rhetorical anyway. You answered it and made it clear that you will accept no other answer from anyone.

In short, you're just trolling. have fun with your stars and flags, every "OMFG ARABS MUSLIMS SCARY!" thread poster gets dozens of 'em.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for your reply, bee.

Religion has become a dirty word.

People who say they are religious are definitely not. People who truly believe do not proclaim these things.

And, last time I looked, it is not OK in Britain to kill your daughter, or your son, or anyone.

AND, IT IS NEVER OK TO KILL SOMEONE.

My message to Muslim extremists and to all Muslims.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

whaah.

I like muslims just fine. Especially the ones that don't try to kill me. But we are talking about a religion that would kill someone for drawing a cartoon about mohomed. (sp?)

Not a whole lot of tolerance. If you'd care to address the issue at hand, that would be great.

I take it your religion is Islam. What would YOU do if your child switched to christianity?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
According to polls, support for killing those who leave muslim religion is high in muslim countries:

When asked about the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Jordan (86%), Egypt (84%) and Pakistan (76%) say they would favor making it the law; in Nigeria, 51% of Muslims favor and 46% oppose it. In contrast, Muslims in Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia largely reject the notion that harsh punishments should be the law in their countries.

pewglobal.org...

edit on 6/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

A message to Fox.

I am not trolling.

If I was trolling I would be on the streets right now,

What the eff are you talking about?

The only thing I have probably done right in my life is speak the truth.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The way I see it, religion is an excuse. It's a "get out of jail free" card.
Kill someone?
My religious beliefs.
Oh, then. Sorry. Don't want to stamp on religious issues. Quite alright then. Carry on.

My opinion only, but the sactity of human life should transcend any religious issue. But hey, that's just me.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

cat, you have your answer. It is punishable by death.
]

Cat has their answer? From who? A bunch of people are not muslim told them something they heard on fox news?

Most muslims these days are moderate (including me) and I would let my kid make their own decisions. A lot of muslims wouldn't be happy, but death is a bit outlandish. Think about this. There's millions of muslims in the US, a good percentage of which are not practicing or even atheist muslim (just like there are many athiest jews). How many people do you hear getting murdered for apostasy in the USA every day? Oh, that's right. None.

You people ask the questions, but you already have your preconcieved notions. Actually, most of you answer is if you actually are a muslim. But you're not.

Sorry to rain on your ignorance parade...
edit on 6-2-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Why is any of this any of your business? Most of this is personal and for the family to decide. And that which goes outside the bounds of the family are simply issues that occur anytime people emigrate to a new country there are issues with assimilating. These work themselves out in time and are difficult enough without people going on witch hunts to place undue focus on them.

To take a recent story, if someone new to a community has issues with their children attending mixed-gender classes, they work it out within their family and community. They either adapt or find another compromise that is acceptable to them and their community. Why there has to be national or your focus on this is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join