It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil corporations will try to control Air and Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is NOT a psychic prediction, it is a projection based on current trends and speculation of the next logical step.

Without air you die within minutes. Without water you die within days.

Large Corporations, Bechtel, Coke A Cola, Pepsi, OMI-Thames, among others are attempting to privatise the sources of and access to water already. Bechtel in Cochabamba Bolivia, Thames in Stockton CA, Coke and Pepsi in India.

In India Coke's actions have been abominable, they drained local ground water and wells and then pumped back toxic sludge.
www.alternet.org...

In Bolivia Bechtel is using one of those horrible provisions via their Netherlands subsidiary, that allows a company from a foreign country to sue a local government for loss of POTENTIAL profits. [I might add that many people may not be aware that NAFTA has a provision like that. It is a bizarre provision, like suing someone because the future you dreamed about didn't happen. Ridiculous if you ask me.]
www.earthjustice.org...
They promised the citizens that their water bills would go up by 10%, instead they went up 6 times that amount.
www.democracyctr.org...

In Stockton California the whole deal was done in the shadows with elected officials and when the local citizens told the city council they wanted to put it to a public vote the officials basically said "scr*w you" John Q. Public and passed it anyway. OMI-Thames has a very poor record in other municipalities of poor and degraded service, and price hikes and cost overruns and environmental damage.
www.citizen.org...

While the world is caught up in Iraq and frightened by terrorism, the profiteering corporations are buying up the water you need to live.
They might at some point try to profit from the air you breathe. Considering what Coke is doing in India I wouldn't put it past them to try to pollute the air so bad that you have to buy tanked air from them that is breathable.

Are these the actions of men hidden by a veil?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Bit too late for a prediction really - this has been happening since the 1990's. I've brought this topic up on forums elsewhere, and the level of interest was disappointing, to say the least.

I used to quote an article published in Nexus magazine -

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I read the Nexus article mentioned in the above post... and wow! I could not believe it!

Excellent article...

Here in Florida, the ground water is disappearing, wells are drying up and brine water is replacing fresh water as the sea water flows in to mingle with the low levels of fresh water. It's a mess.

Desalinating water will end up being the way many will go.

If anyone is interested in the current experiments by a man named Masaru Emoto who wrote a book called: Miraculous Messages from Water (about using positive thought and spoken word (prayer) to transform nasty polluted water into healthy clean water) then check out this link:

www.energetic-medicine.net...
Basic story of changing water and pics of actual molecules that have changed from ugly to beautiful with positive words of gratitude.

and this is the link to Masaru Emoto's website:
www.masaru-emoto.net...

I discovered this guy's work a couple of years ago and find it fascinating.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by PsiEye]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is the kind of thing that happens when you use 6 gallons of fresh, clean water to flush away 5 ounces of urine or other stuff. Multiply this wasteful (pun intended) usage by 200 million people a few times per day and you can see where all our water is going. Yes, it usually does go back through a filteration process but that is wasteful as well and requires a lot of energy. Hell, just watering all the golf courses in the Southwestern US wastes an incredible amount of water, especially because many of these golf courses are in places that not the proper enviorment for that type of plant growth.

We are soooo stupid in our use of water.

Air is a little trickier, but if we keep cutting down the rain forests and then burn the oxygen processors (using more of the oxygen, btw), we'll be running short of it too, and then as soon as there is a shortage, someone will start selling it.

It's not the just the "evil" corporations, it's all of us.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

It's not the just the "evil" corporations, it's all of us.

While I admire your reasoning, Ambient Sound, and indeed agree with it in part myself, the topic in hand goes much deeper than that. I'm certainly dead against the despoiling of rainforest for the wood-chip industry, but ordinary citizens don't have the clout with governments that mega-industry does.

And it's the global privatisation of the basic resources - air & water, for example, that shows what the bottom line really is - money & power. That's the big inescapable horror of it all.

I really feel that this thread should be moved to a more appropriate forum, like Military & Government Conspiracies. This is no prediction, folks - it's the future staring right at us.

Edit - typo

[edit on 15/7/04 by Bastet]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just like in "The Tuxedo" with Jackie Chan. The bad guys developed a Water Strider that infects all the water in the world with a disease that makes everyone dehydrated when they drink it. Of course the bad guys developed a cure for it, so they would sell THEIR uninfected water for hundreds of dollars for a bottle. That movie rocked.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Ambient we do tend to waste things when we take them for granted. 2.5% of the planet's water is fresh, of that only 1% is available to use.
Currently where i live we are experiencing a drought, and of necessity have become cognisant of water usage. Locally they have even started recovering and treating waste water and using it to water municipal green areas.

Returning to my original theme, isn't interesting how everyone is being persuaded to buy bottled water? It costs many times what tap water does, and is, in most municipalities is virtually identical. Are we being indoctrinated into a behavior pattern of our choice or theirs?

We through lack of sensible awareness of what we use or waste and how vital it is to our lives play into the hands of those who would manipulate us.
I suppose it is as many things are, awareness of the situation, sensible personal action, vocalizing the problem to others and to our local governments, and last but not least a little luck, is the best hope of dealing with looming problems.

'Sigh', sometimes people seem so souless in corporations, governments and religions.

new topics

top topics

join