It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just introducing myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i have been reading ATS for a while and have finally swallowed the "red pill"

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by roguehuman

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

i really dont know what to do to reach the 20 posts limit so i will probably look for random threads and post stuff there

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

The first 20 take forever! I recommend looking at the new topics that interest you and adding your opinions. At least I found that was easier when trying to get used to the boards than the popular topics. I want to participate in the popular topics all the time but by the time I finish reading the posts almost every point I wanted to make was already made!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
yup you are right and the there are some pretty good people here so in a matter of fews minutes you will find that most of your ideas and observations have been posted already.
I will take your advice and look for new topics, this is my 10th post so far. I dont want to post randomly, yet i dont to look for a topic that i like just for the sake of posting

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Welcome to our humble abode!

I hope you find ATS as rewarding as I have, more so even.
I have been recommending the Cryptozoology forum lately to new members for selfish reasons haha, I think it gies underappreciated, so check it out.

Qucik question though, did you come over from GLP, or just new entirely?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

i dont even know what GLP is or was apparently its down or something, i just came through some random thread about some websites being down and GLP was one of them.

I used to come here from time to time, but i just created this account, and i am just going through random posts to reach my 20 post limit

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Done finally reached my 20 posts, this is my 22nd, i guess there is no need for this thread anymore

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Aww...I could have told you DON"T take the red pill. The shizzle is on now.

Glad you're here. See ya!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hi and welcome.

I though ats was going to be different.

But like most things in reality......... it ain't what it is cracked up to be.

You can post factless rubbish like...."a huge event will happen at super bowl", hinting at some sort of attack.

But you can not answer a stupid thread like that with any attitude or else your post will be removed.

Enjoy.

As long as you say what you are allowed to say you'll be fine.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

I disagree, you're allowed to post any thought; if that thought happens to be derogatory or full of cursing you just have to figure out how to get it across without being derogatory or using curse words.

As and example: "Something huge is going down at the super-bowel" (I spelled it wrong on purpose)

Reply that will get removed: "You moron, what the # are you thinking posting something like that?"

Reply that will not get removed: "I think your fear mongering is inappropriate. Without any substantiating evidence you are wasting the time of everyone reading this and possibly causing fear for no reason."

I personally think the second response is more appropriate for this particular web site and is more in line with the environment ATS is trying to provide for its members.

Censoring an idea is the ultimate in evil, censoring a presentation so as to encourage intelligent discourse is good in this environment.

new topics

top topics

join