It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell. Do you believe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, the documents were destroyed by some guy who was a civilian, and they said that he didn't destroy some of the records, but this was never proven.

But he is dead now, so there is no way to know for sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Here are some quotes from Hoover I pulled from this website although I'm not 100% sure of their accuracy.....

"I would do it [aid the Army Air Force in its investigations] but before agreeing to it we must insist upon full access to the discs recovered. For instance in the LA* case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination." --From a handwritten notation at the bottom of a now declassified memo. (asterisk added, see below)

"An investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers. Approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall. Dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots." --From a March 22, 1950 memo to J. Edgar Hoover from the Washington FBI Office, released in 1976 under the freedom of information act.

Those are 100% legit, they're on the FBI's website.
I was surprised to find them myself

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos

Here are some quotes from Hoover I pulled from this website although I'm not 100% sure of their accuracy.....

"I would do it [aid the Army Air Force in its investigations] but before agreeing to it we must insist upon full access to the discs recovered. For instance in the LA* case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination." --From a handwritten notation at the bottom of a now declassified memo. (asterisk added, see below)

"An investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers. Approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall. Dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots." --From a March 22, 1950 memo to J. Edgar Hoover from the Washington FBI Office, released in 1976 under the freedom of information act.

Those are 100% legit, they're on the FBI's website.
I was surprised to find them myself

Wow....that's interesting...do you happen to have a link to where you found those quotes on the FBI's website? That first quote is even giving evidence of MJ12

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

40's technology had nothing that could "well track" anything beyond visual confirmation. Radar, while being used at the time, was still a very flawed technology. How much time have you spent out in the desert? Do you have any idea how desolate, large and barren the desert in NM is? Things do go missing out there and can take a long time to recover. Yes, even military projects.
Now I am open to Roswell being for real and hope it is, but all avenues and facts must be presented.

I lived for almost 3 years in the desert....maybe you've heard of the place, it's called "Saudi Arabia"?
As for tracking, look, if we're to accept the MOGUL theory, then you also have to accept that it was a top secret project. They know wind patterns, etc. and can easily track where such an object would go, and also have tracks of such tests on record (none of which could be mistaken for the area of the Brazell ranch)...even in the 40's. Not to mention, MOGUL was supposed to be involved with radar, so yes, it seems quite reasonable to assume that they could radar track it. Even if ALL of this failed, they would STILL be in the air in a hurry to look for the downed project if it was so heavily classified, don't you think? Sorry, MOGUL simply doesn't hold water, not at all....

Radar track it because it was involved with radar? Mogul was actually was involved with high-altitude aural microphone detection of Soviet atomic detonations. Radar targets were attached to keep track of the project balloons. But they can "easily track?" I think you need to bone up on your 1940's state of the art radar which at best was pretty tempermental and vague.

.....it is also it is documented that there was a storm around the time of the supposed Roswell *insert object* crash. Weather forcasting at the time was primitive at best. It would be quite plausable for a storm to blow the balloons lost off course......

Well, then where is the saucer and the little green men? Or are you going to give me another "death-bed confession" explanation? The Majic papers do not hold up, especially given the circumstances under which they were delivered. That is they were taken from a roll of 35mm film.....

There is not one shred of evidence beyond hearsay........ and hearsay is still just hearsay until proven otherwise.

again, I hope that Roswell happened, but no amount of talk without actual evidence is going to convince me.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Radar targets were attached to keep track of the project balloons.

Thank you, as you just made my point.

I'm sorry that a newspaper story released by the US Army Press officer relating the story of a recovered crashed disc, dozens of eye-witnesses, who handled the debris, and even the aliens' bodies, an inept explaination by the USAF that has PROVEN to be false (i.e. the dummies being used in tests years later than stated), and numerous other (non-debunked) documents in a mile long paper trail are insufficient evidence for you.

If you'll only be satisfied with seeing a saucer and bodies, then you'll just have to wait till it's made public.

Look, a saucer could crash in Central Park tomorrow. There are still NUMEROUS ways to cover this up, and make it perfectly believable to the majority of the public, and fully retrieve all pieces of the wreckage, bodies, etc. Don't believe me? I can even think of the best way....

NEW YORK TIMES - August 6, 2004, Thursday. A new unmanned drone project, to be utilized by the Police in combatting crime in Central Park crashed last night. The device is still highly experimental, and utilizes many components that are still classified as they are used in military drones as well. Some of the materials of the debris may be extremely hazardous, so the National Guard was brought in to contain the area, to prevent harm to citizens.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Whats interesting is the actual first report of a UFO sighting was made a bit befre Roswell, and it was amde right here where I live, near Mt Rainier. This incident also is signifigant because its the first time the phrase flying saucer was used. Ill dredge up the link. But UFOs were spotted in washington state shortly before Roswell.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Look at the history and decide for yourself.

If this had been a weather baloon, the records would not have been kept secret for 60 years. The congressman from the Roswell congressional district attempted to get the records about 15-20 years ago to satisfy his constituents but was denied the records.

Admittedly some secret weapons and data cannot be given even to congressmen and congresswomen but nothing else - ever - has been kept secret that many years. When Jimmy Carter was running for U.S. president, he promised that he would release all UFO files if elected (he is the only U.S. president claiming to have seen a UFO).

However after becoming president, his promise disappeared and he refused to answer any questions about it. Why?

Hundreds of civilian and military personnel at many levels at Roswell at the time have claimed the crash was that of a UFO and that bodies were recovered. The on-duty intelligence officer and the base's commanding officer reported the day the crash was located that it was a UFO.

Anyone who lived in Roswell at the time knew what weather baloons looked like because they were sent up regularly and townspeople saw them going up. Certainly an intelligence officer and the USAAF commander of the nation's only atomic bomb base at the time could recognize a weather balloon.

I won't go into all the other matters of record but the above should suffice for my argument. SOMETHING happened at Roswell. And it wasn't a weather balloon.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Jimmy carter aint the only US prez to have claimed to see a UFO. Ronald Regan saw one when he was govonor of California riding around in the govonors jet.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep, and Skadi, you're thinking of Kenneth Arnold's sighting. As he was a pilot, his sighting was given more credence. His description of their craft appearing as saucers being thrown and skipping across the water, is where the term "flying saucer" came from. Yet, in July 1947, this was not yet common terminology as Ken's sighting was just one month or so prior to this.

You'll have to double check this, as it's from memory, but I think it's pretty accurate...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dope, youre correct, Gazrok. It was Ken Arnold. I was trying to rem,ever his last name.

The story goes, as I remeber it, ken was a firefighter who also was a pilot, and was asked to help the air force locate the wreckage of one of thier planes that crashed. He was flying around MT Ranier when he saw a formation of disc shapec craft moving at speeds he estimated at about 1300 MPH (and we hadnt even broken the sound barrier yet back then).

Anyway, the curiosity of this story lies in part it happened about a month before Roswell. Makes you wonder if it was one of those craft he saw crash. They seemed to be lurking around the US airforce crashed plane, maybe they caused it to crash, or maybe were curious about it? Who knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another tidbit I recall, is that he didn't see saucers. He saw a chevron shaped craft that was roughly disk-like in total area. The "saucer" name came from how they flew, not what they looked like. He saw 9 separate craft, flying in formation (another fairly unique aspect).

The craft as described in Roswell, was likewise not a "saucer" as we commonly think of it, but yes, accounts are similar to Arnolds' sighted craft. The "disk" description was simply for convenience-sake.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
1) MJ12 was debunked.

2) Nothing is really suspicious in that document because all of the blackened out parts are just people's names, military bases, etc. All things that are regarded 'top secret' or 'high security'. Nothing suspicious in those documents that would lead to the fact of a flying saucer.

They were, at the time, conducting high altitude-low opening jumps (HALO) that is still a tactic used by the military today, to avoid radar detection.

I, for one, believe that ET life exists. Also, I, for one, believe that Roswell is nothing more than a secret testing base, and that they develop new aircraft/weaponry there today. No aliens at "Area 51".

-wD

:EDIT: How does everyone like my new avatar setup

[edit on 5-8-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

when he saw a formation of disc shapec craft

He claimed to have seen crescent shaped craft, that flew "like a saucer would if you skipped it across water". Then whatya know, every body started seeing flying saucers.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thought I already said they were more Chevron shaped, hehe...

1) MJ12 was debunked.

No, one document was debunked. There are SEVERAL documents supporting the existance of MJ-12, you can check them out at www.majesticdocuments.com, see you in a month or so....

2) Nothing is really suspicious in that document because all of the blackened out parts are just people's names, military bases, etc. All things that are regarded 'top secret' or 'high security'. Nothing suspicious in those documents that would lead to the fact of a flying saucer.

Not sure what "document" (except the above) that you are referring to, but follow the website above, and you'll see plenty of docs that do lead to that conclusion.

They were, at the time, conducting high altitude-low opening jumps (HALO) that is still a tactic used by the military today, to avoid radar detection.

The specific dummies, in the specific tests mentioned by the USAF, didn't occur till 5 years later at the earliest. This was even one of the key things pointed out in the media, after the Air Force submitted "case closed". Heck, look it up for yourself, and you'll see.

I, for one, believe that ET life exists. Also, I, for one, believe that Roswell is nothing more than a secret testing base, and that they develop new aircraft/weaponry there today. No aliens at "Area 51".

The base is barely involved, except for the fact that it's personnel responded. NO UFO researcher believes the Roswell base was further involved with UFOs after the crash. Area 51 proper, is strictly for the testing of secret aircraft, but there are OTHER parts of the same base (it spans for MILES) such as S-4, etc. that are seemingly involved with the project. However, the evidence suggests that it is strictly of a technical nature, and reverse engineering. The biologics' trail leads more to Wright Patterson, just as it did after the Roswell crash....

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Anyone interested in this particular subject could do a lot worse than read the books on Roswell and related issues by the person who first investigated this incident.
"Crash At Corona" by Stanton T. Friedman and Don Berliner (ISBN: 1-56924-863-X ) and "Top Secret / Majic" By Stanton T. Friedman (ISBN 1-85479-203-2) .
It is very much worth the time of anyone interested in this to visit Stanton Friedman''s home page at www.v-j-enterprises.com...
There is much clear information on this .
My own opinions on this I shall keep to myself other than to say that taking the time to read a few well researched books doesn't do anyone any harm.
If everyone already knows about this material sorry for wasting you're time.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by tonyJ]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Thought I already said they were more Chevron shaped, hehe..

Yeah we must of been both setting up up two-cents worth at the same time cause your chevron post wasn't up b4 I went to set up Kennys mugshot. Like, I can read dude

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hehe, no biggie, I've done it too...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
According to what I have read, AND the people I have talked to....there was more than one UFO crash in the Roswell area. Unlike most of you, I have MET and talked to people like Walter Haut, who was the INFORMATION OFFICER at the time of the 1947 crash. He would not have released the info to the newspaper and radio if he had not been TOLD TO DO IT!
Then, I have my own connection to Roswell and one of the aliens. This is my website. It has TOO MANY DOCUMENTED FACTS TO BE MERELY COINCIDENCE!
MINDBOGGLER
members.tripod.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's probably 6% more plausable than the rest of the unkown aircraft sightings. The possibility always exists that the US has more advanced material, and technology than what they say. ATS, you should know better :shk:

Zero >
that picture was claimed to be a variant of the Ho-IX, an experimental German Bomber, which was said to have never initially flown. Remember, the B-2A and Flying Wing/Lifting Bodies design was not made by the USA. It was pretty much copywritten.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I already explained what happened. The Visitors are Quasi-physical.They are from out of this time frame.When they met an anomalay in the Earth's field,they crashed.When the mechanism failed they simply ceased to be.No evidence,just witnesses. The child sized coffins were for mexicano children who witnessed it. The American was bought off.
The "red haired" American colonel was on Code red,this being the cold war.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by stgeorge]

[edit on 9-8-2004 by stgeorge]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join