It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google executive confirmed still missing in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Google executive confirmed still missing in Egypt

www.afterdawn.com

Google has confirmed that their Middle East and North Africa marketing head has tragically gone missing in Egypt.

The search giant has said that Wael Ghonim disappeared last Thursday in central Cairo and has not been seen since.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Did he flee or is he a victim of the secret police? Why is this not being reported on mainstream news? Does anyone really care? Is this going to affect google stock? Does any one care? I really don't know what to write here but ATS laws require it, no I'm not an ATS noobie, just thought this information should be shared and don't really have any comments on the subjuct.

www.afterdawn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

hey..they should try to google his name to find him lolol

word of warning: if you type the word 'google' into google...you could break the internet!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

word of warning: if you type the word 'google' into google...you could break the internet!

nope tried it...didn't work

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well, since Google has been partnering with the NSA, maybe he has either high-tailed it, or he is cooling his jets in one of Omar Suleiman's dungeons/torture chambers.

Personally, I would have gotten out of the country if I was him, or dug deep.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Hey that's pretty funny. You should be nominated for a comedy award.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Apparently this is footage of his 'arrest' by Mubaraks brutal secret police while he was protesting against the regime. No wonder the Egyptians hate the Police.

edit on 6-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Does look like him.
Ghonim

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Malcram

Does look like him.
Ghonim

Yep, that looks like a planned snatch operation to get him specifically. And judging by how aggressive they are with him in public then the treatment he will be receiving in private must be pretty horrific.

Poor guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
sfgate.com Google Exec Who Went Missing In Egypt Now A Spokesman For Opposition Group (GOOG)

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Google executive who has gone missing in Egypt has been "symbolically" named the spokesman for an opposition group, in an attempt to free him from being held by Egyptian authorities, CBS News reports. Wael Ghonim, Google's head of marketing for the middle east, flew into Egypt last week to participate in the demonstrations against the government. At some point he went missing, and one of his last tweets ominously read, "we are all ready to die."

edit on 6-2-2011 by goodjohnofislay because: incorrect link

edit on 6-2-2011 by goodjohnofislay because: corrected hypertext link -- sorry, I'm stillgetting used to your format

edit on 6-2-2011 by goodjohnofislay because: OK, I hope I got it this time

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wonder what this is really about - they were none too gentle with him. I feel bad for him, I hope he has found a way to get away. S @ F

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
-The Google marketing head for the entire Middle East and North Africa.

People that high up with that much stock don't just go "missing."

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I kept poking at a rattlesnake with a stick. Then the damned thing bit me!
I'm still trying to figure out who I can blame.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

Should have just used your money and have people throw rocks at it from a distance I guess.

edit on 6-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

At the 0:15 a man takes a picture, that would show probably who is arrested.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
reply to post by Malcram

At the 0:15 a man takes a picture, that would show probably who is arrested.

Well spotted!

Yes indeed, there must be a clear close up picture somewhere of this mans face as he was arrested. It looks to me very much like the Google exec. But a clearer picture would confirm it. There other reason I suspect this is him is that this looks like they were specifically out for this guy, on a mission, as it were, and the Google exec. fits the bill for such a target, given his status and anti government activities and comments in the days leading up to this state kidnapping.

But no doubt this picture will emerge eventually and his fate will be confirmed. That is, unless it was a pro regime photographer.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

All I really know about this situation is what I've seen on the numerous videos...but where are all the people that were in other videos throwing rocks, running amok, and giving the cops a real fight? They just casually strolled up and took him without any resistance whatsoever....by anyone...it's kind of sad. Not a single person was willing to fight? Then again it's a short video and the surroundings were kind of hard to make out...maybe it was a smaller group of peaceful protesters and a larger police force further off screen.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Optimism About Missing Google Executive in Egypt

nytimes.com

Is expected to be released by authorities Monday afternoon.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
cnn.com

Google executive is released in Egypt

(with video)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join