It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear I saw a Pterodactyl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My Son has a pterodactyl kite, pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Regarding sightings of apparent pterosaurs flying in winter, in North America, it is rare. I just looked over my database of sightings (many of the more credible sightings are on this list). Of the 38 listed, only two have been flagged with "cold weather," and those two were in the same city on the same day: quite likely the same creature (seen by two eyewitnesses, a few blocks apart, perhaps within a couple of minutes or so apart, approximately). Keep in mind that many of these sighting reports do not include any indication of temperature or time-of-year.

That sighting, in Zionsville, Indiana, in 2006 (late winter), involved a small skinny featherless long-tailed flying creature that flew down to the ground in a residential neighborhood. I suspect it had been disturbed from its winter-hibernation home.

We need to remember that when something abnormal is observed, it is not necessary for everything else about the sighting to be normal. The sighting discussed on this topic may have involved a pterosaur that had been disturbed from hibernation or sleep; flying in cold weather, for these creatures, is uncommon but explainable.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I know I'm a bit after-the-fact, but this actually just happened to us. Last week, my 16 year old son and I both saw a large um, thing, not a bird. It resembled a small pterodactyl. Very large wingspan, but the odd thing was it had no discernible feathers. My son saw it better than I (I was driving, albeit slowly) -- he said it was a leathery-looking skin. Pointed head, diamond shape at the end of the tail. It appeared to me that its legs were kind of pointed backward. Today we saw this thing again about 2 or 3 miles from the original sighting. This time my daughter aged 14 also saw it. The sighting was longer and clearer as well. My son described it as having wings that were more like bat wings with an "elbow" -- not the straight span of a bird, if you see what I'm saying. To me, it was larger than a crane or heron, but I'm very familiar with those and it was not even remotely like them. But it still seemed to be featherless and instead have a leathery skin. We are in southwest Georgia, very near Alabama and Florida, so it is quite warm here right now, by the way. About 82 degrees or so. We will be taking our camera out with us from now on as we travel this route frequently. Maybe we can get a pic. It was very odd. Reminded me of the creatures at the end of Jurassic Park. Oh, one other thing, my son described the wingspan as about half the length of a smallish camping trailer which I think would be about 10 feet??? Oh, almost forgot, we live near lots of turkey vultures so I'm very familiar with those and it was not even remotely like them.
edit on 15-4-2011 by shellybean because: Added last line and more info

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
When I read the title of the thread, I immediately thought of the Jersey Devil.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

Your not alone i tell everyone this story i saw one in the Pacific Palicades In Los Angeles. I had a job with a well to do family as P.A...that night i was driving back the 16 yr old kid from the party it was 11:30 at night and where driving down a canyon road next to the ocean when this teradactyl like creature swooped near the range rover really close we could see his eye and long head this one was huge bout as long as a american eagle plane the real small one with the propellers, as it passed in front of the car we saw its brown bat like wings glided up and with one swoop cleared and disapeared over the mountain it must of been 5 seconds before the kid and I excitedly asked did ya see that, hysterically we tryed to figure out what it was...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reminds me of an encounter I had with very large flying bird of some sort. The sighting occurred at night 10-11pm

I was driving to a friends house about halfway there i saw what appeared to be a rather large dog (Great dane sized) sitting in the road ahead of me so i started to slow down and as the figure became more visible its wings kicked up and flew off into the nearby woods. My best guess was that the wing span was about 11-12 ft.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
interesting sighting. it seems that more and more weird creatures some long thought to be extinct are being found these days. there are VAST stretches of area in north America where no one really goes. so i don't see how unrealistic it would be to start seeing some of these reclusive creatures, as they possibly overpopulate the areas they have been living in. due in part to a lack of predators due to the fact humans tend to kill off any supposed predator that might harm livestock.

as a kid i did a lot of canoe tripping in northern Ontario and Quebec. most of these trips were 2 weeks into the wild, one in particular was on a river that hadn't been tripped in over 40 years(cutting portages is a pain). i saw "birds" similar to appearance to a pterodactyl a few times while on these trips. generally around twilight before it gets dark. one reason i have an interest in so called strange creatures. once you get into the middle of nowhere animals don't always avoid humans as much as they do around more civilized areas. i have had loons, beavers and moose that i could have reached out and touched had i wished to. scary how big they are up close and personal.

why would it be so hard to believe in the existence of something like a pterodactyl? oh that's right we have been TOLD that creatures like dinosaurs died out long before humanity "came about". anything that points to the contrary is automatically labeled as impossible especially by those who follow Darwinism. this type of attitude actually holds us back from even thinking about the possibility of any creature that might still be around. just because we haven't seen something in over 100 years doesn't automatically mean that they are completely wiped out.

one thing to think about is that legends and myths abound from history about creatures such as dragons, pterodactyls, fire-birds ect. i can't see these stores just coming about without at least something being seen or known about. especially as similar animal types are found in art and legends from around the world.

as for those claiming that from a moving car you really can't see well enough to be able to really tell what was seen. well that just doesn't wash. i KNOW i have hit crows, seagulls, and pigeons while driving. silly birds always seem to swoop in for airflow and bounce off my bumper, grill and windshield. i have no difficulty in knowing what i hit.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I love theses sort of perfect sightings, exactly right, down to the minutest detail, really makes me believe.

not really

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
somehow windows and doorways in time and space are opened up allowing all sorts of bizzare creatures and beings to enter and exit this reality,there have been many many strange seen all through the ages and right up untill now

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
bats arent flying around in the winter and even if they were they dont get as big as described here,the vampire bats longest recorded wingspan is about 6 ft and they live in the tropics...there have been many sightings of bizzare flying entities and creatures...windows into the past and future are being opened up either accidently by nature or intentionally by someone or something,bigfoot,sea monsters,ghosts,ect,ect,ect...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I saw a pterodactyl once....actually several of them. But I was in the Ungoro Crater, so....you know.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
it was probably a really big bat based on your drawing.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
bats arent flying around in the winter and even if they were they dont get as big as described here,the vampire bats longest recorded wingspan is about 6 ft and they live in the tropics...there have been many sightings of bizzare flying entities and creatures...windows into the past and future are being opened up either accidently by nature or intentionally by someone or something,bigfoot,sea monsters,ghosts,ect,ect,ect...
this ^^^

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

I looked for the thread about this from a few years ago....couldnt find it.....but ....these are not uncommon here...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It was probably a crane or an eagle. They do get extremely large out here in the Midwest. If that's not what it was then I don't know. I have seen things before so I don't doubt you. I just hope for both of our sake that it was just a regular animal because I live in the Midwest right now and i really don't need to be seeing any creatures that fly.

I REALLY don't.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
www.telegraph.co.uk...
your not alone

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
s8int.com... and this

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

edit on 6-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join