It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear I saw a Pterodactyl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Cranes look like pterodactyl flying birds you see it in there silliot when flying, amazing birds when flying

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

Their was a Scientist on National Geo. That made what you saw and has been trying to find out from fossils how it was they fly so well..you might have seen one of its many try outs.It looks like the real thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
America has a history of pterodactyl sightings, usually in southwestern states. Michigan and Pennsylvania have lots of Thunderbird sightings. New Guinea has many sightings of small pterodactyls, they are called Ropen, and regarded as pests due to their habit of taking fish from fishermen's nets!
Think of all the other surviving dinosaur species there are, why not flying ones too ?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dang you should try to catch it. If it was me i would have chased it and made sure to catch it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jade2010

Im not nuts.....thanks!! Im just glad that my daughter saw the thing, because then I have proof im not nuts lol

Nope...

It just means you're both nuts

CX

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I'm watching a programme on Sky at the moment called "Myths, Magic and Monsters", and they are talking about giant bats. They said it is not unusual for them to have wing spans six feet across.

Thats huge. Would certainly explain sightings of prehistoric like creatures.

CX.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There was giant bats on the film "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

Supposedly those films were well researched and held a lot of truth in them?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Awesome drawing skills!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well as previous posts have mentioned there have been pterodactyl sightings in the US. Although the fact that Jades sighting occurred in one of the worst winters in years has me scratching my head. It's been to cold for normal critters let alone a prehistoric one
I'm not doubting what the op thought she saw, makes me wonder if it wasn't a time slip or some thing of that nature. The Moth-man reference may not be to far off either.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_

Awesome drawing skills!

Thanks....my 10 year old daughter gets all her creative energy from her grandma. I cant draw worth a crap, so I had her draw what she saw.....and I agree that her picture looks like the thing I saw.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I agree with you. I am not sure what it is that I saw, however I am beginning to find out through all my research that most of my reasonable "options" are birds that are not in Michigan during the winter seasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AprilSky

There was giant bats on the film "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

Supposedly those films were well researched and held a lot of truth in them?

Many posts have been about bats, but I am sure that the head was not shaped like a bat's head.....eeewwww large bats!! Freaks me out!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As it was said in an earlier comment, it seems like it was a Great Blue Heron. Holland MI is right on the edge of their year round range, so they could still be in that area this time of year, I wouldn't rule one of those out.

That is just my educated guess without seeing what you have seen, too bad you couldn't have snapped a picture though, and settle it. I always keep a camera in my car for those "just in case" moments.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cincycrypto
As it was said in an earlier comment, it seems like it was a Great Blue Heron. Holland MI is right on the edge of their year round range, so they could still be in that area this time of year, I wouldn't rule one of those out.

That is just my educated guess without seeing what you have seen, too bad you couldn't have snapped a picture though, and settle it. I always keep a camera in my car for those "just in case" moments.

I agree with you.....the more pictures I see of a great blue heron, the more I think that might be what I saw. We had just got done having that horrible blizzard so the wings of the bird may have been wet with snow causing the feathers to look more like skin than fluffy feathers. Whatever it was....it was HUGE.....lol

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
GBH's can be very large, so that might have been it.

I know I'm a bit late here..but when I was really little, maybe around 11 or 12, me and my family were going on a camping trip up in the Cariboo area (BC). As we drove along the highway, I saw something fly by, like 3 cars distance away. The freaky thing is, it looked exactly like what your daughter drew. Small parrot like head, same body, but the one I saw had a long tail with a circular tail flap thing on the end. Hard to explain. But yeah. I was so little and when I told all my relatives around the campfire that night they just brushed it off (much like what would happen in a movie
) and acted like I was just telling a scary story.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hahahaha that is what I was thinking. If that thing was flying in front of my car...I would freak out!!

Try hanging on a rope in the middle of a 1000 ft deep cave and the blasted thing is staring at you eye ball to eye ball and just keeps pace with you! I have never climbed rope so fast in my life!

(I was attached with rope walkers photo)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jade2010
This happened in Michigan and it is extremely cold out due to the recent blizzards.

Not a Pterodactyl ("winged lizard") cold blooded and not about to be flying around in the cold.

pterodactyloids" were technically a large suborder of avian reptiles

These flying reptiles were well-adapted to the Mesozoic environment

The Mesozoic Era was warm hence the Dinosaurs (cold blooded) thrived...

If you saw a large bird in Michigan when it was extremely cold then you didn't see a Pterosaur of any kind.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
haha, did the pteradactyl look like this?

Like I said, I have seen some pretty big bats on at least two occasions (both at night around highways), at least here in western Canada. By big, I mean four foot wing spans easily.

Bats are also warm blooded and are really only limited in the winter due to lack of insects for food supply. I'm no bat expert, but I'm sure they stay in caves (or some shelter anyways) during the winter. If a big ass bat was startled during the day, perhaps because its been living in the attic of a house or school, it would probably start flying around no matter what time it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Enter the DARKDEVILRAY ~

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It is not as crazy as you had assumed. In 2007, I received an email from a man who saw something flying near Muskegon, Michigan. The creature's description strongly suggested a Rhamphorhynchoid pterosaur, with a "long tail with a diamond shape at its end." The sighting was just a few hours before he sent me the email.

I know the weather, in the 2007 sighting, differed greatly from the present sighting, for the earlier one was in mid-August; but I have an explanation for the strangeness of a "reptile" appearing in very cold weather (Feb 5, 2011):

Should a pterosaur spend the winter in a cave (deep caves can have a relatively mild temperature), a serious disturbance could awaken it from hibernation or sleep, causing it to fly out of the cave, seeking shelter elsewhere.

My experiences interviewing eyewitnesses of apparent living pterosaurs, over the past seven years, leads me to believe that many of the creatures are nocturnal, uncommon or rare, and living in various climates. But this discussion has intrigued me on this subject of weather. I will look over my data and see how sighting frequency correlates with weather and temperature.

Thank you to all of you who have commented on this thread regarding this recent sighting in Michigan.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join