It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spirit of '76, and the New American Revolution of 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The only way to initiate positive change would be to remove the monetary system completely and to not feed into it. WHY? Because it got us into this mess in the first place. Think about it - humanity is basing wealth off of a shiny yellow rare rock while billions of people on this planet are starving to death.

I think you're forgetting what money actually is, and the purpose it has for a society. Without money we would be be reverted back to the days of bartering to get the things we needed. Since everybody agrees on the value of a currency it can be used as an intermediary for people to trade. If I wanted come cookies, but the cookie dealer didn't want anything I had to trade for his cookies, then I couldn't get any cookies. BUT! if said cookie dealer, or any other dealers, were willing to accept some other agreed upon "thing" such as a piece of paper with a man's face on it, then I could use those pieces of paper for trade with those dealers.

Our tax dollars and bills:
Do you honestly believe that you or anyone else's opinion or thoughts matter to our government or to the corporations? Do you actually believe you can dictate change to these powers?

No – I don't think you believe that at all. The ONLY way to revolt against the powers of the US government and their greedy corporate friends is to not give them ANY fuel. Their fuel is money.

Going out and buying food so that you will be able to sustain yourself and starve the corporations will have an absolute and direct effect. Think about it – how would the government try to make 310 million people go back to work?

Of course they don't, and that's the problem. Not the government itself, but the corruption currently throughout it. I also don't understand the point in everybody not working. When people "work" they are providing a service. If everyone quits their job then nobody will have access to any services they need. How would you get any books, for example, if there was no one to run the Library or bookstores? Steal them? At that point we are not living in a free society as our fore fathers wanted, but one of total anarchy.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Plugged because: punctuation fail.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think what we need is a third party the represents the rights of the middle class in the U.S., and the Tea Party certainly doesn't do that.

We need far more banking and finance reform which includes a reinstatement of usury laws.

The executives who loot the public through fraudulent business practices should pay fines that far exceed their gains, and spend some time in jail. We shouldn't have to hire a lawyer to get back money when we have been cheated by a business, we should be able to call the police, who should investigate, and take appropriate action.

We need to reign in family courts and traffic courts. These types of safety violations should not be treated as crimes, except when intent to do harm or excessive negligence is found.

Time to get rid of special treatment for special interest groups. Everyone should be treated equally.

We need a reasonable immigration policy, and to go after companies that employ illegal workers, and stop the tidal flood of workers into our country during these tough times.

We need trade treaties that punish countries who treat their workers like slaves. Competition for jobs shouldn't mean that we all must become slaves.

We should have tax free medical savings plans, and all medical costs should be tax free, maybe certain types of plastic surgery non deductible.

All insurance costs should also be tax deductible.

The federal government should primarily be supported by those who benefit the most from the federal government, and that would be businesses that conduct business over state and federal borders.

The super rich should be taxed to pay off the national debt, the way they were after WW II, because it is in their behalf this debt was created, protecting their overseas assets.

We need major spending on infrastructure to boost our nations economy, the way WW II boosted our nations economy.

These are just ideas off the top of my head, but this is the kind of national platform we need from a party.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingdog

Too true my good sir.

Never forget. America is designed to collapse. It's what makes us great. Every couple of decades the old order falls and the new rises. Often nonviolently.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
So what i am looking for here is feedback from my fellow ATS'ers, both Americans and otherwise, on how you could see the New American Revolution, circa 2011, going down.

Treasonous teabaggers lead an armed insurrection against the Federal government. Less than 24 hours later emergency rooms and morgues are filled to overflowing with shredded wingnuts. In the next few weeks Faux News cancels Glenn Beck following a precipitous drop in viewership.

Since you asked.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

We don't need some violent liberating force or atleast not yet. My plan has always been to wait until the system collapsed on itself because it is unsustainable. Wait until they are weak and then form militias from the ashes armed to the teeth ready to fight back. Something like that anyway......

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
God dammit, This thread is going no where. Way to fail kids. I just realized that no revolution can happen until people are just more intelligent in general, or are willing to learn...
edit on 8-2-2011 by Plugged because: fragment addition

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just noted a thread over on 4chan's /b/ this morning - very sorry state of affairs.... It's true - people do need to become more intelligent. We're talking about one of the most precarious times in American history (when isn't, right?), and most are too self-absorbed to care much about anything "political".

Looking at my own generation, the one coming after the Gen-X crowd (I call us "Generation Y-The-F" - "millennials" sounds trite), I'm equally saddened and empowered.

More than half of "us" are braindead welfare leeches who have no plans or desires to actually get ahead in life..."We" sit on our asses all day texting friends and playing video games.. The most popular youtube vids are an excellent indication of what this generation represents as a whole. That's the part that truly saddens me.

On the other hand, however, the less-than-half that have actually found it within themselves to take a look around and start paying attention - who have put down the video game controller and started reading works of philosophy, keeping up on national and international news, etc, are all terrified for our futures. Ron Paul's election run in 2007/2008 is an excellent indication of what this generation is capable of.

Combining the two give one heart - you have, say, 30-40% of a generation actually using their brains to try to make sense of the world. They have menial jobs and so lots of time on their hands to ponder the situation at hand. They spend much of their time conversing with their "elders" on boards like this, trying to understand what it will take to "win the war". The other 60-70% of the generation are relatively sociopathic and have no quarms about taking up arms and fighting if all their friends are doing it. They also have a general dislike for authority.

You see my point. The "threat" is inherent in what's become of this generation. The question that will be answered in the next 5, 10 or 15 years is whether or not TPTB piss off enough people that "we" take action. I think they're smarter than that and A) will slowly back down or B) begin locking up "intellectual terrorists" like those posting in this thread.

Funny thing about Americans, though....when enough people see their children and grandchildren getting locked up for calling Obama a "tarball" or talking about the philosophies of the founding fathers, the guns come out.. At least I hope they would.

All that said, to stave off a national disaster that would leave us open to the fulfillment of George Washington's final prophecy, it's up to those of every generation to change the direction we're headed. This is why there's a need for a "national wake-up call" now. We need to unite everyone willing to listen behind a cause that will begin the transformation of this country. Lacking a united front and a clear purpose, "we the people" are only allowing "them" more time to build "FEMA camps", develop "non-lethal" crowd dispersal weapons and strengthen their surveillance/censorship capabilities.
edit on 2/8/2011 by flyingdog because: stuff

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xM0J0xJ0J0x

It's not just you country. Corruption is rampant in all governments. Like I had said in the past "they are but only a hand full of people when we are many". If we really wanted to take over, we could. The Rockafellers, the Bildaberg and who ever runs the show will fall...hard if ever we decide to take the reins. But first and foremost people must put away their pitty differences such as money, race, religion, east side, west side non sence. For us to have a revolution we must look at the bigger picture. Do you want your children and you childrens' children to be raised as slaves to TPTB. I didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join